Author Topic: Bannerlord or bust?  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Bannerlord or bust?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 03:15:55 pm »
+3
Honestly bannerlord has it's challenges with the combat but it has improved a lot during the beta, and they did listen to the community feedback and implemented stuff as it was going.

When I first got the beta invite and tried it (I was part of the first wave) the combat was a joke, with shields blocking in 360 degrees around the character, bizarre hit boxes, double swings, terrible class options, etc etc.

Anyways, ultimately I have some faith the game will improve overall still as time goes on.

So a deal is a deal, where is the best place to send a donation?

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 04:43:07 pm »
Honestly bannerlord has it's challenges with the combat but it has improved a lot during the beta, and they did listen to the community feedback and implemented stuff as it was going.

When I first got the beta invite and tried it (I was part of the first wave) the combat was a joke, with shields blocking in 360 degrees around the character, bizarre hit boxes, double swings, terrible class options, etc etc.

Anyways, ultimately I have some faith the game will improve overall still as time goes on.

So a deal is a deal, where is the best place to send a donation?

Probably best to keep it until there's a need to keep servers running. Modding tools won't be released for a while.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 11:12:44 pm »
I think all donkey crew messaged him after this thread xd

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 05:47:32 pm »
+5
IDK why all the hate about bannerlord combat, in the current state it's miles ahead of Warband and kilometers ahead of cRPG. With proper balance tweaks, custom loadouts and different options (c-RPG) it's going to be a much better base for such mod than Warband ever was.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 06:20:53 pm »
+2
IDK why all the hate about bannerlord combat, in the current state it's miles ahead of Warband and kilometers ahead of cRPG. With proper balance tweaks, custom loadouts and different options (c-RPG) it's going to be a much better base for such mod than Warband ever was.

Lol okey Armağan, we've already refunded your shit game

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 08:25:47 pm »
+2

I've only ever seen compelling reasons why the combat isn't so great. Care to share some of your reasons as to why you prefer bonerlord combat?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 11:23:39 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Panzerstyle

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Panzerstyle
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 08:36:04 pm »
+2

I agree if you compare native vs native it is actually better. It is not even close to old CRPG tho, but everything was changed anyway.
So with a new mod from donkey crew - we could see some more ranged fest!
Oh and overpowered horses of course. Other than that. Lets play crpg for another 10 years!

And hurry before my reflexes fail even more!

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 03:16:29 pm »
Glad to see some people kicking around, I will check back from time to time to see where/when to send funds.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2020, 12:33:40 pm »
+1
Siege servers can't handle all those players. Combat is not only clunky like in other copycat games but also very very unresponsive. Class system in MP wasn't something anyone ever asked for, it is bullshit and terribly balanced amongst factions. Can the game improve, will the game improve? I think yes, since that's what companies do, they hide behind EA to cover for their shitty launch. But 8 fucking years of work and we get this shit splinter as the end result? I dunno how much it will change from this.

And SP doesn't really have a feature that you couldn't have in Warband with mods. It crashes and gets constantly patched, so kinda impossible to keep up with bugfixes and improvements and have a nice save going on at the same time.

And yet, the game has %88 Steam rating. Bloody casuals.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 04:01:03 pm »
Siege servers can't handle all those players. Combat is not only clunky like in other copycat games but also very very unresponsive. Class system in MP wasn't something anyone ever asked for, it is bullshit and terribly balanced amongst factions. Can the game improve, will the game improve? I think yes, since that's what companies do, they hide behind EA to cover for their shitty launch. But 8 fucking years of work and we get this shit splinter as the end result? I dunno how much it will change from this.

And SP doesn't really have a feature that you couldn't have in Warband with mods. It crashes and gets constantly patched, so kinda impossible to keep up with bugfixes and improvements and have a nice save going on at the same time.

I am disappointed that the game really lost it's soul compared to warband. The combat and engine are much tighter than bannerlord, but we shall see hopefully they get enough complaints to make it what it should be. I didn't think the multiplayer was going to be so gimp, like honestly in 5 minutes I could rebuild their multiplayer to be 100x better.

Like wtf who has a deathmatch server that spawns players all over the place? I thought that was just for combat testing but this is what they rolled out with?

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 01:27:44 pm »
+2

iirc 50% of the reviews are cunts with 10 minutes playtime that just say "it's harvesting season"

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 08:16:55 pm »
I would play c-rpg (1) but servers are shit or someone fixed that?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2020, 11:27:07 am »
+1
garbage animations that makes the combat feel shit, no battle mode, no ability to choose what i wear

til they fix that shit bannerlord mp is trash

tyvm

sp is nice tho, just needs more development

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 08:18:19 am »
Tried to play on my laptop and got one kill jumping and slashing a horsemen despite my cpu not bei g able to handle it and having about 3 fps.  I would say the competition is pretty weak at the moment.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut