• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
DTV
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:26 pm »
+2
you cant program human aim. they will always aimbot regardless.

i request removal of this abomination. instead maybe add more melee bots or replace the xbow and archers with throwers or cav.

i think it could be a really fun mode if just someone cba to develop it, what we have now is very very basic and rough. i wish i was a programmer lol

DTV conquest, DTV siege, dedicated DTV maps, loot drops, basically MMO raiding/dungeon in the silly world of cRPG

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: DTV
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:46 pm »
+7
after 10 years on this mod, I still wonder where is the fun on killing a god damn bot.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »
after 10 years on this mod, I still wonder where is the fun on killing a god damn bot.

no offence Penis but its irrelevant to the topic. i think we all know your opinion about DTV  :lol:

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 02:23:08 pm »
+3
Given that EU is dead apart from the DTV/Strat aspect of things I can't see any reason why there couldn't be more time put towards developing DTV, though, whether it happens is purely up to Dave. I know he's a bit burnt out at the minute, which doesn't surprise me from the amount of work he's been doing for the mod. Dude needs to put his feet up for a bit :-))))))))))))))

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 04:15:07 pm »
hey, if he enjoy it i dont see why not :) doing something because you like to do it is not the same as doing something because you have to/getting paid to do it :)

i was thinking, maybe if we were allowed to deploy limited siege shield(s), the ranged bots would be lesser evil, but there should be an area around V where QEE is not possible, otherwise people will use the shields to block bots and this is not the intention with the shields.

if its not possible to create this area around V, make bots also aggro siege shields in DTV and then of course tweek the siege shields HP accordingly due to massive bot damage bonus

also QEL! and have bots aggro ladders as well so that QDL is more relevant

(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 08:27:14 am »
DTV is for bundle of stickss and retards. As a perfect example of both, it does not surprise me you still "play" DTV, if such a word can be used for the monotonous click grind fest that is fighting bots. Slightly surprised you are so fucking bad at this game that you are actually whining about it being too hard and unfair, though. The very fact that bot aim is "automatic" is what makes it much easier to fool than an actual player's.
Good luck getting anyone to add shit for fucking DTV of all things, years after the mod for all intents and purposes is dead. Nothing worse than an "ideas" guy who has no concept of how to even begin implementing or creating what he's asking for.

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 11:45:51 am »

my god it lives...all hail malaka Panos!!   :mrgreen:
trust no one, question everything

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 12:33:30 pm »
+1
DTV is for bundle of stickss and retards. As a perfect example of both, it does not surprise me you still "play" DTV, if such a word can be used for the monotonous click grind fest that is fighting bots. Slightly surprised you are so fucking bad at this game that you are actually whining about it being too hard and unfair, though. The very fact that bot aim is "automatic" is what makes it much easier to fool than an actual player's.
Good luck getting anyone to add shit for fucking DTV of all things, years after the mod for all intents and purposes is dead. Nothing worse than an "ideas" guy who has no concept of how to even begin implementing or creating what he's asking for.

Dave's actually already made the AI able to block, know spacing, able to chamber, feint etc etc. - In other words the bots are all currently like mediocre C-RPG players, they can block well, get blasted by feints but keep their distance a bit too much meaning you can just outrange them.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 01:55:02 pm »
my god it lives...all hail malaka Panos!!   :mrgreen:

Lets play some DayZ!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 05:31:26 pm »
+1
Lets play some DayZ!  :lol: :lol:

In a month or so i'll get a new GPU then we can bandit the folk of Chernarus. I will be happy to hear your voice again you cunt.  :D
trust no one, question everything

Offline Hlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 10:57:43 pm »
+1
you cant program human aim. they will always aimbot regardless.

i request removal of this abomination. instead maybe add more melee bots or replace the xbow and archers with throwers or cav.

i think it could be a really fun mode if just someone cba to develop it, what we have now is very very basic and rough. i wish i was a programmer lol

DTV conquest, DTV siege, dedicated DTV maps, loot drops, basically MMO raiding/dungeon in the silly world of cRPG

DTV siege and / or being able to use actual siege equipment in the stages would be nice. Barriers to stop cav / ranged.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 03:10:31 pm »

since i have zero respect for you personally, your opinion is completely irrelevant to me - im not surprised that you think that it isnt tho

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »
Barriers to stop cav / ranged.

tbh think this would make the mode too easy. the deployables should be very limited and bots should be able to destroy them (in the perfect world, again, im no programmer, i have no idea how stuff works)

Dave's actually already made the AI able to block, know spacing, able to chamber, feint etc etc. - In other words the bots are all currently like mediocre C-RPG players, they can block well, get blasted by feints but keep their distance a bit too much meaning you can just outrange them.

:shock:  :shock:  :o  :o then dave is totally epic master lord haxer

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 04:59:52 pm »
+1
tbh think this would make the mode too easy. the deployables should be very limited and bots should be able to destroy them (in the perfect world, again, im no programmer, i have no idea how stuff works)

:shock:  :shock:  :o  :o then dave is totally epic master lord haxer

Yeah, since then he's changed a bit more, made them more aggressive so they don't just sit back and let you outrange em anymore.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 06:48:09 am »
+1
DTV is for bundle of stickss and retards. As a perfect example of both, it does not surprise me you still "play" DTV
maybe because killing trash players across warband mods for 6 years became fucking boring