Poll

Do you think this will work out?

Yes, it is fine as it is!
3 (33.3%)
I think it will work, but it needs more content.
2 (22.2%)
Maybe it will work, but it needs improvement
0 (0%)
I really don't know about this, I don't think it will work.
1 (11.1%)
This is a dumb idea Eib.
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: A thought from Light: Hunt the Plebs!  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Eibhlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • ....What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Il Martinet
  • Game nicks: Eibhlin
A thought from Light: Hunt the Plebs!
« on: March 25, 2019, 05:21:23 pm »
+6
Another thought from me as I last night randomly thought this up. When Cassander mentioned the term "like some dude in plate hunting plebs" I started brainstorming for another idea for an event. And so may I introduce....

HUNT THE PLEBS

So let's get on with it, shall we? As the event is aptly named, Hunt the Plebs is basically where 2 Stronk Knights in Plate hunt down peasants, as the peasants try to escape the maze! How will the game play?

The game is set up in a maze like fashion with plenty of corners, loops, entrances and naturally also dead ends to which an unfortunate peasant can find themselves being in. Set in the maps end are doors, which peasants must break down in order to free themselves and escape. Sounds easy, except for the fact that the doors have a huge amount of hitpoints, being chased down by knights all the while, and you may find yourself considerably weaker then you are accustomed to (faster too though).

The server will be a Battle server, so as to keep peasants from respawning. Peasants may kit themselves out with anything that can harass Knights, such as siege shields, construction sites, ladders, etc. Don't be alarmed if you run out of your tools, there will be plenty more things to help you out all throughout the maze such being things like Apples, many kinds of shields ranging from terrible to godly, peasant weapons so as to strike back at the Knights, more board shields to block the way of Knights, etc~ Beware though, Knights may also pick up certain equipment to use against you!

Essentially, as a peasant you must run to doors while your fellow peasants are distracting Knights and hammer it down as much as you can before escaping the Knights as they come to stop your actions, repeating the same thing over and over, until either all the Knights have cut you down, or that you broke down a door, and can successfully flee the maze.

There must be a minimum of 2 Knights, as well as being a minimum of 2 doors per map. As Knights, you will be slowed down considerably due to your armor, lack of athletic points, and heavy equipment. Don't worry though, as when you do catch up to a peasant he will certainly be at your mercy. You will need to coordinate with your fellow Knight, for example, seeing that some Peasants are clobbering at a door, you can silently place down siege shields at the entrances, before rushing in, with the dismayed peasants soon realizing that the other entrances are blocked, and them being cornered. Be not surprised however if some wily peasant manages to slip away from your grasp using a clever method to escape.

Knights will also be provided throwing weapons scattered around the map, certainly too heavy for a mere peasant to use against you. Your weapons will also be of the supreme quality, so that a peasant dare not lift it up. If you are somehow slain by peasants (what a terrible dishonor), you will be respawned with a timer of 1 minute.

Stats

When joining the game and being picked on a side, you will be given a predetermined amount of points! Here is what it will look like for Peasants

Peasants
STR: 12
ATL: 20

All Weapon Proficiency will be 80.

Athletics: 6
Weapon Master: 4
Iron Flesh: 4
Power Strike: 4
Power Draw: 3
Power Throw: 2
Shield: 2

Knights

STR: 20
ATL: 16

All Weapon Proficiency: 120

Athletics: 4
Weapon Master: 4
Iron Flesh: 6
Power Strike: 6
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 6
Shield: 0

Preferably, I would like to have the ratio 1:8 for Knights, but having a minimum of 2 Knights. Some additions that would be seen in Hunt the Plebs is:

Healing Tent: There will be a healing tent in the middle, for which both Knights and Peasants can use alike. Knights do not have the permission to destroy it, but Peasants do (but why on Earth would you want to do that?).

2 Doors, 4 Doors, 6 Doors: There will be 3 types of maps, each with their own corresponding amount of doors for corresponding amount of Knights. For example, 2-3 Knights = 2 Door Map, 3 - 5 Knights = 4 door map, 5 - 7 Knights = 6 door map.

All Doors have 3 entrances: There are 3 official ways that leads to doors, leaving Peasants a way out if Knights were to barrel down toward them.

Knights Gear: The gear for Knights must surpass what Peasants can use stat wise, so as to leave Knights OP.

Rewards: Although I once again considered implementing rewards, it really isn't up to me but the admins, it will most likely be normal rewards unless stated otherwise.

I want to implement a lot more things, but I would like to hear feedback from you guys as to whether or not this will work, suggestions to add/remove features, and of course details.

Thank you for reading~

Light~

(P.S. Please drop a review, not just the poll :P)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 05:35:36 pm by Eibhiln »

Offline Eibhlin

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • ....What?
    • View Profile
Re: A thought from Light: Hunt the Plebs!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 05:54:37 am »
+1
You know, I thought this was a better idea then Traitor Town but clearly not ; - ;

Offline Eibhlin

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • ....What?
    • View Profile
Re: A thought from Light: Hunt the Plebs!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 02:58:11 am »
And hey. If you guys think this is a dumb idea, explain why! I need constructive criticism rather then a blatant and amorphous poll vote.