Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019  (Read 20750 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2019, 08:23:37 pm »
+3
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2019, 08:43:34 pm »
+4
Read the updated spoilers for the final episode....holy fuck it's so so so bad...kids playing with action figures come up with better plot endings than this
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:58:47 pm by zottlmarsch »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2019, 10:15:43 pm »
Dumb & Dumber definitely met all expectations with this final season
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2019, 11:58:29 pm »
+2

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 248
  • Infamy: 8
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2019, 04:40:23 pm »
I'm kind of surprised how big of a meme D&D writing has become. I expected far fewer people to really take notice of how shit the plot is. Glad, though it's too late now... D&D are going to rape Star Wars next with a trilogy.

At this point raping Star Wars is like raping trannie nymphomaniac.

Star Wars went to shit when Phantom Menace came out, exactly two decades ago. Redeeming qualities of second SW trilogy are Sith Lords (Dooku and Palpatine) and a little bit of Revenge of the Sith, everything else is utter crap. Still better than modern SJW SW movies by Disney.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2019, 04:56:21 pm »
+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2907
  • Infamy: 456
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »
How is Ned Starks death in anyway related to the failure of the series? It held up far past his passing, and that is a plot point that is directly from the source material.

Ned Stark is the man of old times, at least on the outside. Honest, hardworking man sticking to his word and keeping his family together. Bearded fatso who wrote this planetary popular book series based story on martyrdom of Ned Stark. Because at that point this story becomes gritty and some would say engaging, not me tho, I have seen it is crap from the very beginning.

We live in era where liberals run the media and shape the minds of millions who watch that media, as Oberyn tends to point out every post he makes. Now, having a plot where honest white man dies by hand of crafty and evil woman is perfect and because of that this crappy story succeeded in the first place, not because it is any good. If you think that books can't be served to you like other type of media (television and movies) then you are gullible sheep. You didn't take this book to read because it is good you did that because you heard of others that is good and unconventional. Which your adjusted and well trained mind supported and spread to those close to you, by physical distance or internet link. Now don't get me wrong, I ain't better than that, have no special powers to go against media brainwash. But at least I am noticing the pattern and am aware of it. Kinda like that guy from Matrix who knows whats going on but have no issues being part of it.

tl;dr source material is just as shit like this tv show but we all dig it because ned stark dies. if he didnt this would be just another medieval fantasy story with dragons.

i am starting to see similar pattern in Japanese produced cartoons or anime if you like. take an ordinary story, spice it up a little with something terrible happen to main protagonist at the very opening to grip the audience. then carry along with stupid and predictable plot until they start to feel boredom then spice it up again with some gritty twist and keep going until you think they have enough of it, then do the same with another story. Just like working in factory, its only that we idiots who consume that media need to lie to ourselves how what we are watching isn't macdonalds hamburger but some homemade dish served with love.

Edit: Another planetary popular example, The Walking Dead. Stopped watching that mid second season, you know why? Because original director who made the comic into TV show actually finished it in first season because he knew he out of contract so he wrapped up the comic book adaptation in his own way. Except it became too popular so they kept going and going and going, and still are probably going not sure have not checked recently. Only thing good about Walking Dead was that director who made some pretty cool movies in the past, because comic is bang average. As soon I have seen he was off and where show was going I skipped on it, never turned back and guess what I was right about that decision.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:06:45 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2019, 07:54:46 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2019, 03:29:32 pm »
+1
Ey b0ss can i hab de cancer pls

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2019, 05:40:33 am »
+10
Absolutely awful ending to an absolutely awful season. Literally the only good thing about it was Daenerys becoming a mass murderer and dying, and only because of how much it triggers the YAS KWEEN crowd.

Let's start with the Night King: he didn't matter AT. FUCKING. ALL. He died in one episode, then is never mentioned again. Pointless plot arc. Utterly unsatisfying. Arya just comes home from Bravos and teleports behind him. The end.

Varys sending out ravens: was just for a cool cinematic shot, I guess? Jon's heritage didn't end up mattering at all either, despite being a huge reveal.

Again, awful, awful time skips. So many important things happen off-screen. Daenerys gets killed? ..... screen goes black, skip forward a few weeks. Fucking really? No reactions shown, nothing. And then after the skip, nobody really cares that Daenerys died. Not in the "she sucked, whatever" way, but it's barely acknowledged. They just breeze over it.

Samwell's "hehe democracy" speech was fucking retarded and shoehorned in. Yara laughed at it, despite it being the way her people choose their kings, btw.

Daenerys murdering all the innocents was glossed over, no one called her to account for it properly. "Cersei tried to use them as a shield", and everyone was like "mm yea it was still kinda bad tho", no one pointed out how it was utterly unnecessary and achieved nothing.

And now for the most retarded thing in the entire fucking show: Bran being selected king. What the actual fuck? So, so fucking stupid. It made no sense whatsoever. Seriously. What the fuck?

This guy who's one step from being a literal vegetable, this creepy staring teenager who has spoken two awkward words in each season, is READILY chosen as the king by everyone?!?!? Because of Tyrion's utterly nonsensical speech about fucking stories that made no sense whatsoever?

What kingly qualities has Bran ever displayed? When has anyone seen him do anything that would imply he'd be a good ruler? On the contrary, as his first act as soon-to-be-king-if-people-still-agree, he demonstrates some insane favoritism to his family by letting the North become an independent kingdom, and EVERYONE STILL AGREES TO MAKE HIM KING, AND NOBODY ELSE GOES "yeah, us too btw or no vote"?!? Written by literal morons. Everyone just agreed that Stark supremacy everywhere was the best thing ever, and forgot about self-interest.

Jon Snow trial? Happened off-screen, of course. Wouldn't want to show reactions, etc. Why are the Unsullied and Dothraki fine with Jon's non-punishment? Oh yeah, everyone just sort of forgot about Dany dying. On that note, why the fuck is Jon even being punished? The Unsullied and Dothraki sail away. So... nobody left who would be angry at Jon. Still, sent "to the Night's Watch" because.... reasons. The Night's Watch that doesn't exist.

Drogon putting forth so much effort to melt the throne was retarded and random.

so apparently Drogon understood that it was the structures of power that the iron throne represents that killed Dany, rather than Jon?

A philosopher.

Drogon: My rider got stabbed with a sword! Wait, that chair is made of swords! THE CHAIR IS A TRAITOR!

Bronn becoming the master of coin despite Tyrion having to explain the concept of loans to him earlier makes a ton of sense.

Arya decides to sail west because she wants to randomly die on the ocean when her supplies run out as she looks for New Lands or something. Makes sense, since it's been at least an episode since she said their family will never be apart again.

Peasant: m'lord my crops died during winter and my house got burned down by dragonfire.. my wife died...the children died serving them Lannisters...i dont know where to go...what do I do m'lord

King Bran: You looked beautiful that day when your wife died

Bran: I can never be Lord of Winterfell, I can never be Lord of anything, I'm the three-eyed raven.

Also Bran: I'm the King

What an unsatisfying, idiotic ending to an unsatisfying, idiotic season. I'm just glad it's over so I don't have to watch another episode of this steaming garbage.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2019, 05:57:20 am »
+1
All of this blood, all of this death, for this ? People like to talk about bad writing, but let's be real for a second, is there even any kind of fucking sense in any of this ?

Jon's plot armor saved him on his scene with Daenerys, plus we don't get to see his trial, nor the reaction to the death of Daenerys. An entire kingdom breaking free, just like that, and others just nod. All lords of all other kingdoms just acceot to be ruled by a northman, from a kingdom that just fucking broke free ? What about the Dothrakis, you know, who are basically tribal barbarians killing for a living ? What about Jon Snow's heritage, both blood and actions, which would make him not only the legitimate king, and a just one at that ? I mean, the season was fucking horrible, of course it could only end at BEST with a boring ending, and a nonsensical one at that.

I just can't fucking bother anymore., thanks god it's over. Fuck D&D for butchering what was, and could've been the very best TV show of the early 21th century.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2019, 06:05:37 am »
+1
Yeah LOL at Grey Worm and the Unsullied just putting Jon in a cell (after confessing the assassination and the exact way it happened, dagger through the heart, to Grey Worm, for no reason) for a few weeks so Westeros nobles can decide his fate after he kills Daenerys. Nothing made sense in the episode.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:30:13 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2019, 09:30:22 am »
+2
Also the show predictably left so much completely unexplained. Like, y'know, the whole "God of Light" thing, who had priests and priestesses with magic so powerful they could bring back the dead. But nope, just forgotten about after Arya Goes Anime
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:29 pm »
wow. The leaks were precisely true. I at least expected some cool Targaryen shit to happen, wtf was that

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2019, 04:48:48 pm »
+1
Dany getting killed like a bitch is the most satisfying thing in this travesty of an ending. Hoes mad.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.