Author Topic: #SayNoToKavanaugh  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: #SayNoToKavanaugh
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 01:14:06 am »
+2
I guess Kavanaugh could sue for "smearing his reputation" but I don't think he gives a fuck. The whole thing was a disaster anyway. 30 year old stuff being brought up on a she-say basis and Kavanaugh crying and pointing to his calendar and talking about hitting weights with his buddies. Embarrasing all around, as is the standard these days for America.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 01:19:08 am »
From the events described I dont know how it would be possible for either side to prove or disprove the allegations, it would only ever come back to her word against his. And she's a woman and he's a man therefore our progressive society is instantly certain that she's right and he's wrong. It's just funny that it's possible to have even a token investigation say "he's good" without also saying "she's full of shit", surely those are the same thing - unless you're willing to admit that we simply dont know for sure and never will so why bother?

It's not like this is a new thing, but the possibility of any woman at any time claiming anything they want with zero risk, to attempt to ruin a man's life is pretty hilarious. "Sexual assault ruins lives", sure, I'm also sure that convincing a good % of the nation that someone's guilty of sexual assault also has a pretty impact but noone likes to talk about that so much. The burden of proof is instantly on the man, and the woman risks nothing.

Leaving this here, not related but fun.

I think you might be a little misconstrued, Dr. Ford risked a lot going in front of senators and in front of millions of people on television. Her life is never going to be the same, same for Judge Kavanaugh, I say that is more than zero risk. Isn't confirming the Judge, the opposite of Women are always right, Man is always the wrong argument?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:22:46 am by xxkaliboyx »
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2018, 01:25:21 am »
From the events described I dont know how it would be possible for either side to prove or disprove the allegations, it would only ever come back to her word against his. And she's a woman and he's a man therefore our progressive society is instantly certain that she's right and he's wrong. It's just funny that it's possible to have even a token investigation say "he's good" without also saying "she's full of shit", surely those are the same thing - unless you're willing to admit that we simply dont know for sure and never will so why bother?

It's not like this is a new thing, but the possibility of any woman at any time claiming anything they want with zero risk, to attempt to ruin a man's life is pretty hilarious. "Sexual assault ruins lives", sure, I'm also sure that convincing a good % of the nation that someone's guilty of sexual assault also has a pretty impact but noone likes to talk about that so much. The burden of proof is instantly on the man, and the woman risks nothing.

Leaving this here, not related but fun.

It just blows my mind that she waited close to 40 years, had absolutely no evidence, even her own friends don't back her claims,  and only brings it up now that he's about to get elected to the Supreme Court.  Keep in mind this lady is a professional Psychologist, Professor of Psychology and worked as a high paid consultant to Pharmaceutical companies, she is by no means the innocent naive dummy act she played in the hearing. 

I think this is just another stunt in the " i'll do anything to win, dirty partisan politics atmosphere " here in the US . Both parties are guilty of it.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2018, 01:34:26 am »
What did she risk? A group of people saying that either they can't positively confirm her story (without claiming she's wrong) or that it actually doesnt impact his ability his suitability for this role decades later?

Because of the vague nature of her claim, she literally cannot be proven wrong. She doesnt risk her career in any shape or form, she can never be found culpable for anything. Compare that to the position Kavanaugh is in, will his life in the US be the same after this?

I may be ignorant on this detail, but has she said what she actually wants out of this?

She can't be proven wrong, but It could be proven that certain people conspired to fabricate the whole story if that was the case.

She wanted his nomination turned down because of the emotional trauma she went through all these years from the alleged sexual assault.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2018, 01:41:50 am »
Even if she's lying, I'd be surprised if there was some big conspiracy around this.

It sounds like her angle is that she wants to punish him personally, rather than any statement on his suitability for the role itself. Bleh.

Considering there are Senate elections next month it could have been fabricated to delay or stall the nomination process hoping the other party would have enough votes to stop his nomination and get someone else in the court. The timing is very suspect and the Democrats loathe the idea of the Republicans nominating Justices to the court. These positions are for life and they are stacking the court with conservatives.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2018, 01:46:09 am »
+1
Ford's testimony was hilarious. The fake little girl voice was the icing on the cake.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2018, 01:56:56 am »
Liberals are certainly butthurt

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 05:52:42 am »
+3

no she's just a smart girl and knows half the population of whites in the world would give her money or otherwise feel hellbound guilt deep in their soul

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 06:19:04 pm »
shit we all should make donation pages.  after all how am I supposed to feel safe as a german now that murrica goes bat shit crazy and probably wont be our daddy anymore.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2018, 06:24:47 pm »
+3
shit we all should make donation pages.  after all how am I supposed to feel safe as a german now that murrica goes bat shit crazy and probably wont be our daddy anymore.

holy prophet merkel will keep u safe dont worry, keep in contact with your local imam for support brother

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2018, 06:27:54 pm »
+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1737
  • Infamy: 869
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 12:50:56 am »

Yet another proof American liberal scum are not communists. Communist would never ask for donation, when communist wants something he takes it from others and nationalize it like a true communist would. We Slav commies tried hard to explain to these brown third worlders what communism is all about, but they never picked on idea. Sadly. With our ideology and their numbers world could be ours today.