Author Topic: #SayNoToKavanaugh  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: #SayNoToKavanaugh
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2018, 11:41:33 am »
+2
this is one of those topics that even hard normies have opinions on- and they're all fucking irrelevant. clearly, the statute of limitations for sexual assault/battery is out after 3 decades. the shitlibs and the neocon remnants alike are fond of saying this is a JOB INTERVIEW HURR

if its a fucking job interview why do i see not a lick of coverage from anyone that isn't the usual lolbertarian sources on his actual work as a lawyer and judge? i would think that might be a little relevant if the hearings and all are JOB INTERVIEW surrogates. i sincerely don't reckon that rich-drunk behavior as a teenager actually has more than a tiny bit of relevance to how an individual would perform on any court, let alone SCOTUS

there could be worse i suppose, but he's part and parcel of the usual Bush sychophant crowd that STILL inhabits that god-forsaken capital in DC. he was key in drafting parts of Patriot Acts I and II and also (very funnily) helped draft that "tax loophole" for Obongocare's individual mandate that everyone was so upset about several years ago but seems to have forgotten. y'know, the bit where the federal gub'mint mandates that you purchase a product and if you fail to do so you're penalized for it

shoulda put up Napolitano or some dude i've never heard of, then i'd be happy. every jackass in the nation is worried about some absurd ambiguous threat to Roe v Wade or expansion of federally-funded abortion when they should be worried about FBI agents being able to sign their own fucking warrants. well, technically you need TWO FBI agents, one to sign the other's warrant. if you tell ANYONE at ANY TIME about being investigated/raided/your fucking door kicked in, you're gonna do five years in a federal penitentiary. kavanaugh don't give two fucks about the 1st and 4th amendments but at least we're winning the war on the unborn, amirite

Kinda doesnt help that hes siding with corps when it comes to net neutrality either.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:08:02 pm by Vibe »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:25 pm »
I can't believe he's probably getting confirmed tomorrow. Is #America about defending #rapists now? WTF?

Oh do you have some new proof that a crime was committed that the FBI, and Democratic Character Assassinators have missed?  Please send emergency email ASAP to Senate, Attention Nancy Pelosi.  Sorry, unfounded, uncorroborated, allegations and 30 year old recovered, conflicting memories should not be sent.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 05:40:49 pm »
Literally crying right now

you trolling?  Honestly, I can't tell, but I hope so.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
+1

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 07:52:12 pm »
+2

he's trolling you bellend

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 07:54:19 pm »

This guy   :lol:
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 10:52:01 pm »
he's trolling you bellend
NO! And I'll have you know that I identify as a woman these days, so how very DARE you doubt me? #BelieveWomen
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2018, 10:57:59 pm »
+1
still a shit pick for a supreme justice if you ask me
Also, this. Kavanaugh's stances on a lot of things are shit. It'd have been good if he wasn't confirmed.

.... until Democrats pulled this despicable shit. After the ridiculous smear campaign, and the rhetoric around it (classic leftist motte&bailey tactics, equating "confirming Kavanaugh" with "defending rapists&hating women" matter-of-factly), NOT confirming Kavanaugh would have not only been a tremendous personal injustice to Kavanaugh and his family, but it would've also legitimized uncorroborated #MeToo accusations as a weapon. And make no mistake, it wouldn't only have applied to SCOTUS picks -- or just politics. If the country approved of fucking up a man's life based on nothing but a 40 year old accusation that was literally worse than the usual he-said-she-said, that would've set the tone for how these things are treated in everything.

After the Democrats decided on this course, confirming Kavanaugh was the only rational option left. Which is unfortunate, because there were legitimate things to criticize, like his work with and the approval of the Patriot Act.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2018, 11:25:21 pm »
they only confirmed him because if they didn't, the D's would get the pick after they win back the majority next election cycle.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 12:26:58 am »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 12:45:18 am »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 01:02:12 am »
Here's the real question.

If the outcome of all the investigation bullshit is there's no evidence he did anything, how are they going to hold the "victims" to account for attempting to ruin his career and for having a lasting negative impact on his life?

Possibly a civil lawsuit, Dr Blasey Ford the "victim" is a multi millionaire, but most likely they won't waste their time, there's only so much time in life.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 01:04:33 am »
Here's the real question.

If the outcome of all the investigation bullshit is there's no evidence he did anything, how are they going to hold the "victims" to account for attempting to ruin his career and for having a lasting negative impact on his life?

Why would they hold the victims accountable for anything on this limited FBI Background Investigation? This wasn't a criminal investigation by any means, it wasn't even really a standard background investigation. FBI was limited to who they could talk to for the duration of 1 week which at the FBI is 5 working days.

Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 01:08:47 am »
Why would they hold the victims accountable for anything on this limited FBI Background Investigation? This wasn't a criminal investigation by any means, it wasn't even really a standard background investigation. FBI was limited to who they could talk to for the duration of 1 week which at the FBI is 5 working days.

Yea unless she did something really stupid like admit it was all fabricated later, there's really no proof it happened or didn't happen and not worth anyone's time to bother.

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 01:12:37 am »
Yea unless she did something really stupid like admit it was all fabricated later, there's really no proof it happened or didn't happen and not worth anyone's time to bother.

Agreed, it would be political suicide going after the accusers, please, it might open up to some real investigations and subpoenas, and nobody wants that LOL.
Deserter_Merrrrrica