Poll

When should Strategus Round 7 End

November 1st, 2018
December 1st, 2018
January 1st, 2019
February 1st, 2019
Round 7 should continue for an extended period of time

Author Topic: Strategus 7 Reset/End Date - Strategus Council Applications - Council Chosen  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
Re: Strategus 7 Reset/End Date - Strategus Council Applications
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 10:53:11 pm »
+4
  • Delete all Cities, period. They're much more annoying to siege than castles. Even if you manage to dominate the defenders, they'll just play cat and mouse with you.

increas falling dmg would help with that too, many ppl jump off the walls and survive then run and pick up the flags or do some annoying shit  like moving the siege tower etc.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:57 pm »
+2
Start the round with equipment heavily discounted in specific regions (ex. Arabic in the desert, Nordic in the north, horses in plains/steppe, and heavy armor near mountains) to jumpstart the action and add new strategic / roleplay elements.
I like the idea of that, but it might be a major pain in the ass to code that.

Example improvements you would suggest: Faster Spawn Time [So All Troops are Used], Increased XP Ticks by 50-70%, Gain Gold/Silver Ticks for Strat Battles, Limit Time for the Type of Battles: Village [30 minutes], Castles [60 minutes], City’s [120 minutes], Trading improved or at least try to focus the game on war instead of trade. Less fiefs if possible or more varied locations. Maybe go back to one map.

I like these ideas too (and heibai saying it too) about maybe going back to one map and just have a split on the map between NA/EU servers when you cross over. Could have pirates hanging out on server boundaries
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 12:23:47 am »
Fully AI army is probably not possible. A game master is definitely possible. Prof toyed around with the idea of doing it a bit himself already.

Yea it would be a really good feature roaming armies of differant kinds attacking trade runs and attacking peoples fiefs: Saracens/Rhodoks/Swadians all differant army/gear types and people would sign for them!!!

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 12:32:20 am »
+5
Name in Strategus: Rando
Strategus Rounds Participated: 5, 6, 7 (I think)
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: PINK boys, HCE
Why you want to be on the council: To hopefully make the game less insufferable for the next round
Example improvements you would suggest: Prices need a huge rebalance - plate armors (the exact definition of which can be debated later) should cost far more, and anti-plate weapons should also. Strat gets boring when every battle is fought with the same exact gear over & over after the first month is done. Offense needs to be made less offensively annoying to play, as disincentivizing offense battles is the easiest way to get a dead strat. Some ways to do this include, but are not limited to: Buffing the hitpoints of ladders, team-locking siege towers, adding the battering ram, adding the Long Mallet, fixing walk-through breaches which can't be seen through, making siege equipment such as catapults nigh-unkillable by ranged attacks (how the hell does a catapult get "killed" by arrows?). Finally, for now: village troop recruiting should be added if possible.
Are you Dutchydave in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): Yes
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:43 am »
+1
I think it's almost pointless to apply for a Council spot if you're an EU player, though I've some suggestions for the applicants and future council members to take note of.

I talked to James about this and proposed a 50/50 split, and he said that he is gonna reserve a few spots for EU players. Just because their strat is dead RN doesn't mean it wont at least temp come back with a reset. I think its important to get both regions on the council.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 12:59:14 am »
+1
Name in Strategus: kratos
Strategus Rounds Participated: all of them
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Raven, Kapıkulu, Karluks, Merciless, Barlas, Bashibazouk, Shu Han, Hobos, Western Confederacy
Why you want to be on the council: Need more discord channels to check in the bus
Example improvements you would suggest: Siegeing should be easier, player density on the map should be acquired through making EU and NA same map, crime reintroduced in a more balanced way, Public servers being more rewarding to play for Strategus, gold acquisition should be the main goal, battle sizes time limits nighttimes etc. re evaluated to make it more plausible for the players
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): yes

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 01:09:51 am »
+7
Name in Strategus: Jim Lahey
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Why you want to be on the council: The ole shitliner's coming to port, and I'll be there to tie her up.
Example improvements you would suggest: Me being reinstated as Trailer Park Supervisor, every day is liquor day
Are you Ricky in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): no

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 01:44:56 am »
+2
Name in Strategus: HoC_Zeus
Strategus Rounds Participated: 5, 6, 7
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Hounds of Chulainn 4lyfe
Why you want to be on the council: Dupre messaged me a few weeks ago about changes so I feel my opinion is valued. Also ive only really been a leader of the faction this strat so its a different perspective
Example improvements you would suggest: Buff catapult health, destructible staircases(if even possible), allow csites to be changed even after 1 mat was added, allow people to join apply for battles within 10 minutes of it starting (with sever xp loss)
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): Not sure yet

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 01:53:12 am »
+2
Name in Strategus: Brave_Knight
Strategus Rounds Participated: 3,4,5,6,7
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: LL, CC, Brave Gamers
Why you want to be on the council: Because enough is enough, it's time for strategus to see some real changes
Example improvements you would suggest: Less castles, less sieges. Remove or edit maps that are largely in defense's favour. Find ways to have battles that aren't all just plate vs plate.
Implement a simple duel mechanic, for example, allow a fief owner to defend against an attacking army by challenging its leader to a FT7, and if both parties agree, then schedule the battle to instead occur in an arena where only the two leaders can join.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): Whatever you say, kid

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 04:31:35 am »
+16
yes hello im here to be the
Game Master™
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:36:19 am by GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER »

Offline Apollo

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • The Gay Serf
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GOBBLIN EMPIRE
  • Game nicks: Apollo, Asstron_the_Assassinator
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 05:07:14 am »
+6
Name in Strategus: Occitan_Gautier

Strategus Rounds Participated: 3-4-5-6-7

Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: KUTT, Frisia, GOBBLINEMPIRE, kekistan, Occitan

Why you want to be on the council: To identify key problems with strat and to make next strat more fun for longer.

Example improvements you would suggest: I would like to fix a couple of problems we currently have with strat. There is currently no detriment to being on defense, as the troop wages are a joke, crime is nonexistent, and defenders get 1-2mil in gear every time they win. I would like to see more benefit to being aggressive on the strat map. This could be fixed in a multitude of ways,  adding troop caps to fiefs, massive wage increase to troops, increasing constructions/ladder health in battles, reduce amount of gear looted by defenders etc. Make the game impractical to take a castle/city and sit in it safely with 8000 troops for all of strat. If the speed bonus implemented this strat remains the same, there needs to be a reduction in reinforcement time to 1hr for attackers and 2hr for defenders. 5 hours of reinforcement allows you to travel 1/4 of the map to reinforce, which is broken. The economy in strat is too lucrative too quickly, and full plate armies vs full plate armies is boring and kills strat. Lower the max bonus on trade from ~350% to 200% or 150%, increase price of higher tier gear by 2 or 3 fold, etc. I would also like to see a practical use developed for the retreat function and perhaps rewards granted at the beginning of the next strat for previous strat winners.

Are you K*** in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): N
You don't need to ban or anything just for future reference or something because he's rude to me.

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 05:29:55 am »
+3
Name in Strategus: Taril_The_Yoshi_Archer
Strategus Rounds Participated: 2014-2018 whichever seasons those are.
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: People's Republic of Yoshi, Kesh Vassal (praise be unto him), Squid Vassal, Yoshi Caliphate, Yoshi Clan, soon to be Kale vassal????
Why you want to be on the council: To make strategus angrier and meaner
Example improvements you would suggest: Make retreating a viable option, keeping a % of gear and soldiers. Encourage ninja rostering, half of the fun in strategus is rallying people to your cause and general diplomacy. LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING; You not only get gear from raiding, but trade goods too with a large bonus. Better recruiting options, an ability to speed up recruitment times with a much larger upkeep during this period. TORCHES THAT DO SOMETHING; I want torches to do bonus damage vs siege equipment. Also I want the Yoshi homeland of New Bhulaban reinstated into the game.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): No, but I will gladly follow him into battle.

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 01:57:40 pm »
Will be closing applications and starting the decision process on Sept. 30th.

Really liking the idea of Game Masters for each side of strat. Gonna flesh out this idea with the council once it is selected.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 11:10:16 pm »
Will be closing applications and starting the decision process on Sept. 30th.

Really liking the idea of Game Masters for each side of strat. Gonna flesh out this idea with the council once it is selected.

Tell me anyone that votes no ill find them irl no joke ( Think back to MURDERTRON and Jasonthegreat)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 11:16:46 pm »
+2
i apply to this shit council and i demand a position regardless for the important role i play in this mods health and success. if dont get treated proper to my station i will RUIN you james

Name in Strategus: assington, who tf else

Strategus Rounds Participated:3,4,5,6,7

Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: frisia, central confederacy, ravens, gobblins, kekis, ACC

Why you want to be on the council: because im smart and have lots of great ideas that may be ambitious but checked by my unmatched wisdom and humility

Example improvements you would suggest: new items i could help make, changing prices drastically, changing S&D production or the raw number of fiefs to make trading and trade agreements more important (trading in EU), as viscount just remarked in discord - new castle/town models would be very interesting and the resources are out there, and removing the hyper-defensible castles with unbreakable walls or walls with stairs behind them, and as some others have suggested i would like a troop cap based off of the fief type (1200 for village, 2400 for castle, 4500-5000 for towns).

Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): kesh is a bundle of sticks who has amassed more animosity for being a virgin than strat victory cred