Author Topic: Ban Hancock!  (Read 1484 times)

Offline MariCala

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ban Hancock!
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:11:26 am »
1. Name of your character involved BigCALAwich_of_AOW
2. Name of offending character(s): HancockT35
3. Time and server, as accurately as possible: NA1 12:58ish EST
4. Written description of what happened, the whole story. Also what happened before and after. Hancock was performing poorly on NA1 and performed Ddos attack
5. Why you think the offender did what he did. Known history of pay to win Ddossing
6. Multiple Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/hxMqyJx

7. Names of players that can witness what happened. HancockT35

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Hancock!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:26:17 am »
Bancock_Calamari or Calamari_Bancock?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:16:29 am »
Troll post,i call admins attention to punish this guy for spamming ban thread and also to suck my dck.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:39:08 am »
make him give up his calamari.  they look yummy. I want them all over me <3
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Imperious

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikuku
  • Game nicks: Lacoste
  • IRC nick: DIE
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 11:41:28 am »
he is more cancer than cancer cut him off

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 12:07:30 pm »
make him give up his calamari.  they look yummy. I want them all over me <3

Damn i like those calamaris so much.Fried ones yuhmm(maz)yyy

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 01:06:27 pm »
where is +1 in spam when u need it
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 02:53:13 pm »
where is +1 in spam when u need it
+1 here !

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 03:01:21 pm »
-1 tbphwyfldd

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 07:35:32 pm »
Posting a picture of you having high ping is not in it of itself proof that Hancock is ddosing you.

I doubt Hancock is ddosing you personally as it'd require him to have a bunch of zombies to use as a DDoS is multiple computers/internet connections to flood you. If it WAS him personally it's more likely just a DoS attack which is just a single computer flooding you.

Secondly, for him to even perform a denial of service attack on you he'd need to know your IP address, so unless you've given it out to him (In which case you are a moron) then it's very unlikely he even CAN push a DoS attack on you. One easy way for them to gain your IP is if you use something like Skype, I know Skype in the past has been known for it's terrible security in regards to IP Addresses, but you don't sound like friends so don't know why you'd be skyping him.

In regards to C-RPG it's possible he could gain access to your IP given that it's a third party server, however, IP's aren't publicly displayed; if anything they would only be available to Server Admins.

tl;dr Very unlikely you're being attacked with denial of service, majority of C-RPG players are retards who would lack the brain capacity to do this anyways

Though to be honest you can evade Denial of Service attacks by simply changing your IP address. Resetting it isn't something that's particularly hard to do. Though some ISP's don't let you do it so you might have to go through your ISP to do it.

edit: if this is a troll post then die in fire

thx

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 10:13:15 pm »
Posting a picture of you having high ping is not in it of itself proof that Hancock is ddosing you.

I doubt Hancock is ddosing you personally as it'd require him to have a bunch of zombies to use as a DDoS is multiple computers/internet connections to flood you. If it WAS him personally it's more likely just a DoS attack which is just a single computer flooding you.

Secondly, for him to even perform a denial of service attack on you he'd need to know your IP address, so unless you've given it out to him (In which case you are a moron) then it's very unlikely he even CAN push a DoS attack on you. One easy way for them to gain your IP is if you use something like Skype, I know Skype in the past has been known for it's terrible security in regards to IP Addresses, but you don't sound like friends so don't know why you'd be skyping him.

In regards to C-RPG it's possible he could gain access to your IP given that it's a third party server, however, IP's aren't publicly displayed; if anything they would only be available to Server Admins.

tl;dr Very unlikely you're being attacked with denial of service, majority of C-RPG players are retards who would lack the brain capacity to do this anyways

Though to be honest you can evade Denial of Service attacks by simply changing your IP address. Resetting it isn't something that's particularly hard to do. Though some ISP's don't let you do it so you might have to go through your ISP to do it.

edit: if this is a troll post then die in fire

thx

My PR rep is going to kill me, but I thought I would point out a few inconsistencies.

1. The screenshot is pointing towards EU servers, I'll just leave it at that.
2. It's extremely easy to DDoS someone. I expect someone from your country to know this as most botnets originate from YOUR region. You can rent the damn farm for cents on a dollar.
3. Multiple tools to get IP addresses, we'll think about it this way. Your data packets are consistently communicating, you have the tools to see your own outbound traffic and what it connects to.
4. I'm not even sure if OP is referring to DDoS the server or themselves, but both would be very easy.
5. You fucking leave Skype out of this!
6. Changing IP addresses is not practical in any form.

Disclaimer: I have no idea where Yeldur is from, but I'm assuming somewhere that smells
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 11:16:13 pm »
My PR rep is going to kill me, but I thought I would point out a few inconsistencies.

1. The screenshot is pointing towards EU servers, I'll just leave it at that.
2. It's extremely easy to DDoS someone. I expect someone from your country to know this as most botnets originate from YOUR region. You can rent the damn farm for cents on a dollar.
3. Multiple tools to get IP addresses, we'll think about it this way. Your data packets are consistently communicating, you have the tools to see your own outbound traffic and what it connects to.
4. I'm not even sure if OP is referring to DDoS the server or themselves, but both would be very easy.
5. You fucking leave Skype out of this!
6. Changing IP addresses is not practical in any form.

Disclaimer: I have no idea where Yeldur is from, but I'm assuming somewhere that smells

I'm confused now because you say that botnets originate from where i'm from yet then proceed to say you don't know where i'm from

plz can u calrify

Also ur wrong bud I have over 30 years of experience in the field and I am a professional so everything i posted right there is 100% correct and i refuse to believe anyone else so FUCK ur face

wheres ur experience huh? yteah thats right u aint got NONE i am a aAMSTER professional IT prfoessional

Your point for the first one is that Hancock is ddosing EU servers? Possibly? But not really any way to know, I can show screenshots of when I saw high ping on EU servers, but that issue still came down to my ISP being a pile of shit. Posting a picture of a list of servers does nothing but say "I have high ping" - To know where it's going wrong you'd need to find out what's causing the high ping, is it down to packet loss? is it down to shitty internet? is it down to servers having issues? there's a billion and one things it could be hence why the screenshot is completely pointless.

For the second point yeah you're right, but I was talking about the claim that Hancock is the one doing the Denial of Service attack, not paying somebody else to do it for him.

You're right that you can see your traffic and where it lands at, but that doesn't give you the IP address of somebody else who has nothing to do with the connection between you and that server (Unless there's something else that marks down all the IP addresses of other people you're connected to a server with, I don't know much about that side of things), it gives you the IP address of whatever you're connecting to. For example if I connect to EU_1. Another place that he could have potentially gotten his IP is actually from the forums as they're definitely available to view here for Admins. Even you can see your IP address next to all your posts. One screenshot is all that would be needed.

Ok yeah fine I'll concede that they're easy to LEARN to do, but not easy to actually PERFORM effectively.

NO FUCK YOU SKYPE IS SCUM IT DESERVES THE SHIT

Not if you're using a VPN  :D - In which case you can just schedule automatic IP changes. Won't stop the attacks 100% but it will make them a darn sight harder for someone to do, particularly if they're some script kiddie.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:36:59 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,