Author Topic: There's only one solution ( James don't read this )  (Read 497 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
There's only one solution ( James don't read this )
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:44:34 pm »
+2
If we delete strategus and totally wipe all past existence of it ( delete the strat forums too ) there will be bigger pops, less GTXting and more time to go back to our favorite past-time, the battle server.  The developers can all put all their time and effort into balancing the game so there won't be anymore whine threads, it's a win-win situation.

Let's face it, strat has been in beta for 10 years, that's longer than some crpg players have been alive. It's full release is way beyond the scope of OKAM and Bonerlord. It's time to pack it up.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: There's only one solution ( James don't read this )
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:03:46 pm »
+4
Let's face it, strat has been in beta for 10 years

ALL of crpg is still in beta.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:09:57 pm »
ALL of crpg is still in beta.
Its like a f2p asian mmo- once it hits open beta it is technically released.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 01:04:09 am »
+1
If we delete strategus and totally wipe all past existence of it ( delete the strat forums too ) there will be bigger pops, less GTXting and more time to go back to our favorite past-time, the battle server.  The developers can all put all their time and effort into balancing the game so there won't be anymore whine threads, it's a win-win situation.

Let's face it, strat has been in beta for 10 years, that's longer than some crpg players have been alive. It's full release is way beyond the scope of OKAM and Bonerlord. It's time to pack it up.

I don't think Strategus is the problem but the idea of disconnecting the two is interesting.

cRPG was good when it had nightly battles and sieges with 150+ players of varying levels but it just doesn't work with a low population. Native is more fun right now because of the higher populations, no grind required and everyone starts each round without any advantage over another player. If the Strategus concept could be reconfigured, simplified, and connected to native game servers (with native gear / gold systems) it might be a better game than the current version connected to the corpse of cRPG. Sort of like a medieval version of Planetside 2 but minus microtransactions and any need to grind.