Poll

What do you think of this proposal?

I think it's a fairly valid proposal, let's do it. (comment below, if you want to add smth)
I disagree with some parts(comment below)
I disagree with all of it(comment below)

Author Topic: Saving Private cRPG Proposal (Poll)  (Read 1100 times)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
Saving Private cRPG Proposal (Poll)
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:32 am »
+11
As we all know our beloved mod beat the dust once again. For EU, people only played Strat and not public and many quit Strat as well now because of some bugs occured in the last days. In NA, some people still play but the amount of players is nowhere near to consider the mod "alive". We need a plan that helps EVERYONE in this community and makes us all enjoy the game. You all know what will I start this proposal with.

Wiping Looms,Characters,Gold etc.
Why is this SO important many of you asked and me and other people who supported the idea explained it to you several times but I will explain once more, c-RPG is not meant to be played with millions of gold in your accounts. All balance elements (biggest being the upkeep) is based on the fact that you can't rush in plate armor every round, or bringing the arbalest costs you a fortune. And furthermore it gives people a purpose to play the game because many players come for the grind.
However, the voices of players saying "We don't have that much time to play anymore // cba to grind" can not be unheard. Therefore everyone's first character should start as a level 30-31-32-33 (the balance of this can be discussed) and should be granted 3 loompoints, to loom a certain item, but still be in need of looms therefore setting path for a grind.
People who say "But I worked hard for my looms and levels", I am tired of this, but will ask one last time, where do you use your looms and levels lol?
Also, Happy Hour-which is a great idea and would love to see it implemented- cannot work without a wipe. Because in current c-RPG there is no meaning of a "double xp" hour, I mean who gives a shit? I would give a shit and never miss it if I was level 20ish lol.
Happy Hour
Ye as explained, it might not boost the player amount by 50 or 60 but it will certainly kickstart it. Many people come for the crowd and they will find it in HH.
Removing the DTV grind
I know, many of you like DTV. I like DTV too, but when there are maps like Sea Raid on, people just get on for the juicy xp. The bonus exp is fine, it's a solid working code, but the maps like Thermoplae, Sea Raid etc. abuses this by being exceptionally good. Either reduce the DTV xp in general, or remove the grindy maps.So it's only worth for people who doesn't like the tryhard environment of battle. This will further increase Battle server population (especially for EU) which will mean more and more will join (because people come for the crowd, if DTV is 30 and battle is 0, no one else will join.)
Finding additional team members
We owe our revival to Prof, if it wasn't for his sleepless nights we weren't even be discussing any of this. But his reaction time against game breaking things is rather slow. The PP gain in Strat destroyed the purpose of it and item map query completely killed it. We can and should ask people from the community that are experienced in coding and modding to help in certain tasks about the mod.
Reseting Strat, alongside the wipe and properly advertising it.
Yeah well this Strat is stillborn. Everyone is endgame already, which is the least fun part of Strat, and nobody is playing especially in EU and NA has 10v10 meme fights. It should be rebalanced with correct parameters, and reseted simultaneously with a database wipe. And we should announce it better this time, especially to big clan leaders that might play Strat (i.e. Sultans Guard, they said they noticed the Strat reset 1 week after it was reset) because this one was like "oh strat is reset btw" except the ModDB post that's made the same day.

We should decide on everything faster also, we are running out of time.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:59:44 am by Kratos »

Offline SG_Anani

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Private cRPG Proposal (Poll)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:01:28 pm »
+3
Backup everything and do this. Just try it, even for a short period of time and look at the difference. I'd say do this and we could immediately see difference within a week.

Worst case we'll be back where we are. No point in waiting or trying to find a middle ground.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:59 pm »
+3
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:23:40 pm »
+1
I was always against this. But the last weeks... I mean, why dafuq not? It makes no difference if everyone plays in +3 armor and with +3 weapons or if we all play with +0 items. The XP gains lately were just tooo ridiculous. I mean, I played this for years. Yet I was able to make about 100 mio xp in 2 months (which i made probably in half a year before). My old lvl or my looms dont mean shit right now. Why have +3 items, if it's nothing special. Back in ze days it was like "omg what weapon am I gonna loom". nowadays u just open the armoury and take out whatever u want.. Or the trading. This shit is toally dead. It maybe could be revived if all the traders hadn't 100+ +3 items..

Imo there is absolutely no counter-argument right now. If u guys love ur looms and lvls that much more than a populated server, u should probably play farming simulator, or truck simulator.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:29:25 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 11:44:15 pm »
+7
These looms and high level chars aren't good for anything if the servers are as devoid of life as graveyards. I just can't understand people who are against the wipe, since at the worse, everything stays the same, but people lost their (useless) looms; and at best, we have some pop back on the battle server.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 12:05:39 am »
+9
PLeASe dOnT wiPE

I never made anything out of my life so all that I have to cling on to are these looms I accumulated over the years, wiping would remind me of what a failure my life is

PLeASe dOnT wiPE

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:09:53 am by Bittersteel »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 821
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 12:13:11 am »
+1
Gimme access to code and I'll see what I can do to fix cRPG and also pull off Vincenzo while I"m at it :mrgreen:

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 12:23:32 am »
+3
Anyone who doesnt want a wipe is a hoarding crybaby pussy and should be invalid to any poll

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 04:39:21 pm »
level 31+ has a lot more impact than looms. think about it.

personally i wouldnt mind to lose my character that became grandmaster years ago and now is level 34 (again). i know it is a powerful character and that i prolly never will get to that level again. my looms however... my looms im really attached to, its the evidence, my only proof of the senseless grind ive done in this obscure mod that nobody knows. is +3 items really that big of an impact compared to a level 35 shitlord? any weapon in a shitlords hands become deadly, i know this because ive tried it. char stats give so much more bonus than looms. looms buff just 1 stat.
for all i care, you could make all looms default base stats and just keep the purple text - id still love them just as much, they are a token of my grind

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 05:17:01 pm »
I suggest to give some titles to people with high lvls so even if they lose it there will be something in return. I mean titles from Hall of Fame. I would  have 36 lvl already If I would play on 1 char, but I have like 10 of them :D

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 05:50:10 pm »
With all this talk of titles recently I gotta wonder... what's the retirement title for level 37? For the first time ever the level above demigod is actually realistically obtainable, and certainly there is at least one active player left with enough xp to already be there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 04:17:46 pm »
More like removing Strat. Also wasted effort.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 05:42:52 pm »
Steam sale season,  native battle server ronin has 40 ppl on last night for 2-3 hours. cRPG gets 1 new player.
Save crpg revert back to pod lock all chars to lvl 35 stf chars disable looms so you still can pjt stats and play dress up and all are on same footing.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die