Author Topic: Time for unlimited free respecs?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
Re: Time for unlimited free respecs?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 09:45:36 pm »
+3
i'm not for entirely free respecs, but i think respecs for some amount of gold would be beneficial in reducing the gold some of you greedy nerds have hoarded. problem is i've no experience with coding websites/php, so it would take me quite a while to implement this. there are some who might be able to help with this, though
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 10:20:33 pm »
It wouldn't have to be forever, assuming the player count will ever recover. I'm just thinking, when wiping now seems like a realistic option, one might even consider a temporary time of free respecs. Because, if my calculations are correct, it would encourage people to play more, not less...

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:25 pm »
+1
I agree with prof having respecs be something you can buy for a reasonable amount of gold seems like a good idea. I also like the idea of selling exchanges for some amount of gold.

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 07:26:52 pm »
+1
Since the mod is pretty dead now, I think it would be a good idea at this point to let everyone respec their build whenever they want. Unlike some other suggestions, I'm pretty sure this would have a positive impact on the player count. It goes without saying, but being able to experiment with builds and classes and to switch any time without being stuck with them for a whole week would certainly encourage people to play. For instance, I currently made my main for DTV and use riding for athletics. So, obviously I can't go battle with it. If I could just respec though...

if the developers want they can again revive this mod, introduce new systems, add new armor and weapons. but they do not have time or desire for this, so the mod gradually and slowly dies
Madness…? This is Sparta!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login