Author Topic: Who is the Emperor?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Who is the Emperor?
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:29:14 am »
+1
I have heard that King James abdicated in favour of Reinhardt.  James has taken the title of 'Marshall', which implies he still runs things and Reinhardt is just a figure head- just like I was till I retired my emperorhood.  I think it's called 're-branding'.

As anyone who is a fan of history knows, the title of 'Holy Roman Emperor' could be claimed by anyone.  In order for it to stick, you actually needed an empire, but still you could claim it in hope someday you would.  Little things like the Professor and his Reformation would throw things off, but a good politician could always reinvent it for his own needs.

I myself, after serving as a figurehead, had to give it up.  When my mighty warriors turned into surrender monkeys (a fine bit of mercenary attitude; they prospered for it and I admire them for that), I had no strength to enforce my will.   I became a figure head, and it was fun for a bit, but then it got old.  My commands became requests, and they were mostly denied.  The last army given to me to support my endeavors was Rodrick aka Goblin King aka Viscount aka Saturn.  And you can guess how well that went.

That was disappointing, but when the uber wealthy south did not help us defend Curaw, the soul of the HCE, the birthplace of the HCE and spiritual headquarters of Acre, well then I realized the Empire was dead.

But, like the HRE, the HCE can disappear and reappear.  Does the HCE have an emperor?  Or is the 'empire' just the old kingdom who lost interest in ruling the world?

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
Re: Who is the Emperor?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:17:37 am »
+1
They know they cant win battles even with troops and gear advantage, I just took a village from them with minimal effort wich they reinforced with just enough gear and troops to make it a fair fight, now after the battle I can see that they had 7k troops in armies just standing there doing nothing, not even defending what little they have left of their 'empire'.

It truly makes me sad, they have the potential to make lots of fun battles and sieges, and provide a masive influx of xp to the crpg community but they just gave up because they are unable to achieve their goals of ruling strat. I sincerely hope they try a last effort to re-take all or most of their lost territories, that would so fucking great for the overall health of the mod and the community.

Online SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
Re: Who is the Emperor?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 06:51:33 pm »
+1
They know they cant win battles even with troops and gear advantage, I just took a village from them with minimal effort wich they reinforced with just enough gear and troops to make it a fair fight, now after the battle I can see that they had 7k troops in armies just standing there doing nothing, not even defending what little they have left of their 'empire'.

It truly makes me sad, they have the potential to make lots of fun battles and sieges, and provide a masive influx of xp to the crpg community but they just gave up because they are unable to achieve their goals of ruling strat. I sincerely hope they try a last effort to re-take all or most of their lost territories, that would so fucking great for the overall health of the mod and the community.
u tell em local frisian sur americano
visitors can't see pics , please register or login