Author Topic: DTV - 1 BSOD and you are out! What is the point?  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: DTV - 1 BSOD and you are out! What is the point?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 05:32:12 pm »
You still need to leave equipment screen after dying or you don't spawn and completely afk guys do get auto-kicked after they don't spawn. The ready to spawn tick doesn't help them.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »
No. Equipment screen doesn't pop up like in EU1. For the third time, you can never be autokicked as long as you have already enabled Ready to spawn once when you join the server, until you beat tincans (or lose) and the map changes.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 07:36:16 pm »
It absolutely does. I wasn't 100% I remembered it correctly so I even tested it before posting.

Are you still an admin or use the old client or something? If not, it's probably just so routine for you to instantly click it away that you don't recall it's there and working to keep the worst leechers out.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 07:42:43 pm »
+6
I'm not an admin anymore, and I tested it right before posting that.

But, anyway, playing DTV lately makes me want to go back to EU1 even if I'm terrible after so much brainless bot farming and I rage easily, but carrying or trying to carry leechers and pussies who can only stay behind a shieldwall or a fence or shit like that is getting on my nerves. DTV was all about charging at a shitload of bots with your friends and getting a lot of satisfaction when you won, which was rare if you played it like battle, and not the way this mungaloids do it now.

Fuck DTV. I'm done.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:46:02 pm by Patoson »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 08:39:12 pm »
+3
Yeah, most of the team having a completely different attitude to the game can be frustrating at times. For me it's the other way around though, with DTV being the kick back and relax mode and not for tryharding at all, and battle for trying to do good, if the rest of the team is even trying and the other team is trying too and if other bullshit isn't sapping the will to put in effort and limiting fun. And battle server lately makes me wish siege could get populated.

Offline Jony

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 08:44:29 pm »
+2
Ye, but before bots wasn't able to hit through each others, which is so annoying... Also now DTV have more teamplaying action i guess (not that i like any DTV evolution!) I'd love play EU1 if there was not so many throwers (like every 3rd person have throwing weapon now. For archers and xbow i have 0 problems. It's medieval game... cmon...  and a lot of ppl crying on range actually play range and says "I play range so i can counter this cancer... there is no other way.. " or "i play range to proof how OP it is" doesn't make any sense to me.. For me if you get HS you should die.. But players want to die from 3 arrows/bolts HS and 10+ on body  :rolleyes:

I'm sure Patoson you still remember the old best map - Yaragar, where we used fence too.

I payed this game for strategus and EU2 with bulgarian friends. Game get boring and ppl stop playing. The game was very fine back in the days, didn't need so much balancing. It just ruined it!  To be honest nothing realy can bring back the players to fill the servers once again.
"if DTV is the only thing you're here for, there are better games out there."

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 09:15:49 pm »
+1
Fuck DTV. I'm done.

I know what you mean, became pretty boring after all no matter what build I tried. Would play EU1 again if there were more players (60 right now, which is awesomee).
If the new strategus round wont be any fun for me playing cRPG kinda loses interest for me again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:19:33 pm by _Tamra_ »
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »
Or another idea:

PPL can only join until the weebo wave,afterwards,ppl cant join anymore ( this will prevent ppl from only joining the last waves and will reward the player who spent his time killing the noob waves until the bigger ones ).

Guess this will make alot "last wave joiner" QQ,but when ppl cant join anymore,they will go Eu1.

in my eyes a win win solution.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 04:57:45 pm »
It's the bonus XP.

It's a great idea, and one of the solid working codes of Prof, but it's really open to abuse. Hence why admins lost access to admin password. In the old system with a fuckton of waves it encouraged people to play until tincans, but now it's quite easy to reach the end of the run and people won't say no to easy exp. Look from their perspective, to play a chill gamemode and earn easiest xp of your life, or getting rekt by every cunt in EU1?

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 12:34:17 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

how to add something new to cRPG in 3 easy steps:

1. ask yourself how people are gonna abuse the shit out of it, picture yourself there
2. feel the foul taste in your mouth and multiply it by 12 to the power of 2011
3. end up not adding anything because people will somehow break everything to get more gold and exp
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV