Yes!
51 (56%)
No!
32 (35.2%)
Other (please leave a comment)
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: February 13, 2018, 01:55:05 pm

Author Topic: New balancers team.  (Read 9084 times)

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
Re: New balancers team.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 08:04:55 pm »
+1
And sorry for Athelar missunderstanding me but I'm a direct person and it is pretty obvious that he failed. Not saying that he didn't try hard (or that he should stop! Everything can be fixed...). But at the point I made my post the map rotation was totally screwed up. All these maps that have been thrown out ages ago for good reasons were brought back. Im not at all saying that the map rotation is the reason for the amount of ranged. They were there before. On most maps right now they are simply stronger than they were before.

I think I understand perfectly fine what you mean.  :lol: You started implying that it was my fault ranged were like it is now, then when you got confronted by people saying it wasn't my fault but the players and the volume of them, you suddenly changed your mind. Now you're back to saying it's my fault.  :rolleyes: The map rotation hasn't changed since you made your thread, so I don't know what you're trying to say. Professor still needs to be done with his exams before I can do weekly updates on the map rotation. The map rotation still got an issue that creates random plains (mostly fixed though). This is because the names in the admin panel doesn't always correspond to the scn name. It's seeing those maps and replacing them with random plains when it doesn't recognize them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:22:30 pm by Athelar »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 08:10:45 pm »
+1
This is because the names in the admin panel doesn't always correspond to the scn name. It's seeing those maps and replacing them with random plains when it doesn't recognize them.

Aaah that's why, I've already been thinking that this might be the case  :idea:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 08:26:30 pm »
+3
Yay or nay?

The majority of the players are unhappy, server population steadily goes down, eu1 is infested with cunts like Zero_Sat, who I have to admit is a pretty good HA, but also a cunt.

So, I am opening a poll, to decide for a new balancers team.

Archer, xbower, Cavalry, 2hander, Shielder, polearmer, thrower.

7 classes, 7 NEW balancers, 1 from each class.

Discuss and vote nerds, because seriously, I am sick and tired of those NA fucks fucking up my beloved crpg.
I don't think Zero is actually a problem, sure, he plays an annoying class but he's one of the few who are actually good at the class. HA isn't the best class out there by miles and he's pulling it off even with that backstep. What IS a problem, is the VOLUME of ranged on the server, they seriously need to be dealt with, what assington said is a good idea, maximum 15% of the server can be ranged at any one time. Or: Reset gold completely and set costs of maintenance on all ranged weapons to ridiculous levels
Or: Nerf ranged to stop everyone piling on top of it.

What about the builds in each class?

3 build types for melee (str crutch, agi whore, and the superior balanced build) - 9 balancers

2 types for archery - 2 balancers

2 types for crossbow - 2 balancers

HA - 1 balancer

2 types for cav (lancer and 2h/pole cav) - 2 balancers

2 builds for thrower (agi throwers who just runaway when the going gets tough, and the real me who stay and fight) - 2 balancers

In total, 18 new balancers
This is actually an interesting concept, with some alterations it could work really well.
Too many balancers mean that things will take too long as obviously there are timezone/working restrictions out there throughout NA and EU as XynoX said, a team of 9 overall would be a good idea, and we could pick the "heads" of those classes per se, for instance (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE) - We add DaveUKR as balancer for crossbow, he plays the class a lot and has shown he's not bias toward xbows, he would be a good idea for a balancer because he plays the class almost exclusively, whoopeee!

We add Rest_In_Peace as a 2h balancer, so that he can manage the 2h side of things as he plays that class a lot.

Those are just examples but something like that could work really well. Right now things clearly are not working.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:33:07 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 09:17:29 pm »
+2
make me balancer of item balancers and i will make it rule ez !

- first thing i will do is fire nightingale because he's just good at keeping his class over powered since too many years
- second is kick xynox's ass because this lazy bastard dont bring back agi archery!! (nah rly get ride of str shit made by tydeus) and probably cap archery dmg to make it easier to balance, and if u wana keep str shit builds i would love to add the wpf bonus u have on melee skills to archery also.
- third is getting some smart ppl who play everyday on eu coz the real meta is on eu servers !!!
- fourth i will nerf camels to 150 hp
- fifth i will increase force field size on shields and not increase their speed like they did just before wich i found stupid...one hand spam was already stronk
- sixth i will roll a joint!

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 09:23:41 pm »
+2
What about the builds in each class?

3 build types for melee (str crutch, agi whore, and the superior balanced build) - 9 balancers

2 types for archery - 2 balancers

2 types for crossbow - 2 balancers

HA - 1 balancer

2 types for cav (lancer and 2h/pole cav) - 2 balancers

2 builds for thrower (agi throwers who just runaway when the going gets tough, and the real me who stay and fight) - 2 balancers

In total, 18 new balancers

oh dang, they are gonna have to recruit from EU then since NA doesn't even have 18 active players  :P

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 09:26:39 pm »
+15
Yay or nay?

The majority of the players are unhappy, server population steadily goes down, eu1 is infested with cunts like Zero_Sat, who I have to admit is a pretty good HA, but also a cunt.

Discuss and vote nerds, because seriously, I am sick and tired of those NA fucks fucking up my beloved crpg.
let's have 7 balancers from NA too. and from AU. and from CN. you know what, we should just have the entire crpg community vote on all balance changes. things are always more efficient with more people.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 09:39:19 pm »
+1
you know what, we should just have the entire crpg community vote on all balance changes. things are always more efficient with more people.

Isnt that what we've basically already had?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 11:16:02 pm »
+3
- second is kick xynox's ass because this lazy bastard dont bring back agi archery!! (nah rly get ride of str shit made by tydeus) and probably cap archery dmg to make it easier to balance, and if u wana keep str

Ey, its not like I have supreme authority what happens to archery :D although I should

I wrote like 6000 20000 words worth of essays around this topic already but I am not the one who makes the call.

And actually, I would look forward to have balancers more or less per class. A lot of problems and issues we have currently that slows down progress would probably be settled that way.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:28:34 pm by XyNox »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 12:22:37 am »
+2
Yay or nay?

This is cRPG, the majority of players are always unhappy. Current game balance is absolutely fine

I'm convinced 90% of the whiners on cRPG won't be happy until;

- Enemy arrows actively heal them,
 - They can throw their 2h sword like Darth Vader,
 - They can cut through enemy shields in one hit,
 - Which also heals them

I don't know how many times i would have to say this, but, taking no shield, on a medieval fighting game, is just silly. Balance should be that you should be carrying a shield. In real life history, 90%+ of melee infantry carried shields for this very reason

How powerful unshielded 2h heroes are already compared to how they should be is just insane. I've actually seen people several times complaining in chat whilst alive about things like "i've already been shot in the head 2 times this round!". I mean, really. Complaining about surviving 2 headshots. Really?

------------------------------------

TL;DR, stop whining about ranged and l2p, balance is fine
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:34:06 am by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:41 am »
+2

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 01:33:09 am »
+1
In real life history, 90%+ of melee infantry carried shields for this very reason

Well, gee wizz, if it happened in Real Life History it MUST be replicated in cRPG - it's a very realistic game, after all.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 03:33:00 am »
+6
Don't forget to remove chambers also. Total luck based mechanic.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 03:42:37 am »
+1
We need to remove reverse chambering that is the real scourge of cRPG

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 04:49:04 am »
+1
Well, gee wizz, if it happened in Real Life History it MUST be replicated in cRPG - it's a very realistic game, after all.

How do you balance a ranged vs melee character? I mean its not even based in realism, its just the fact of the matter is one character shoots from afar and the other hits up close. I guess we could look towards other games with this concept, overwatch genji can parry bullets maybe thats something to go for? Or maybe give melee a dash ability? Stealth? How do you balance ranged vs melee as a concept without a shield, well, except for just simply removing their damage till the point where they really have no purpose.

I'd be for implementing lightsabers and force jump straight out of bearforce 2, it would solve a lot but even in there there was complaints about getting shot as a jedi. But at least combat was fast and fun there.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 05:23:51 am »
+8
Xbow has received massive nerfs since this balance team started implementing changes more nerfed than its ever been. Yet the delusional among you still, unsurprisingly, think I'm buffing my class. Truly hilarious EU players never fail to entertain.

Instead of being appreciative that we actively chat with players take their suggestions and ideas and implement them if possible. It's exactly what I did. Now you are saying we need to add Dave to the Item team. That makes 3 xbowmen Item balancers? Practically 100% of Dave's suggestions were added into the recent xbow patch except for the accuracy buff on arbalest. Now if he wants to help out he can most certainly message me and I'll chat with him about xbows further I have no problem with doing so but pretending I don't listen to feedback is insane.

It's been our agenda to fix agility archery since day 1. We have reached some impassible discussions our varying opinions on the philosophy of accuracy and rng factors in ranged gameplay its still being discussed and its still going nowhere. Balancing isn't just implementing and definitely don't expect anyone thank you for your time either. Most will just whine and accuse you of buffing your class while you have very clearly nerfed it. Unfortunately, those people that claim buff are just too ignorant. Yet request an invitation to join the item balancing team as if they are some expert. Everyone seemingly knows everything and no one else does. That is all of your opinions summed up in one sentence and it is incredibly idiotic.