Yes!
51 (56%)
No!
32 (35.2%)
Other (please leave a comment)
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: February 13, 2018, 01:55:05 pm

Author Topic: New balancers team.  (Read 9082 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: New balancers team.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 03:31:39 pm »
Neither is opening threads as a 14-years-old battle-hardened veteran with expert leadership skills trying to explain to them how their weekly map rotation sucks and yet......

I lead around 400 clanwars and 100 strat battles.  And good that u totally understood my point. I wasn't saying that it is the players who decide what the mod is like (and it was not 100 percently directed to players), it is the map rotation, ranged classes overall being sooo op, the devs, the balancer, especially NA and the cookiemonster.

And sorry for Athelar missunderstanding me but I'm a direct person and it is pretty obvious that he failed. Not saying that he didn't try hard (or that he should stop! Everything can be fixed...). But at the point I made my post the map rotation was totally screwed up. All these maps that have been thrown out ages ago for good reasons were brought back. Im not at all saying that the map rotation is the reason for the amount of ranged. They were there before. On most maps right now they are simply stronger than they were before.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 03:38:41 pm »
+18
I lead around 400 clanwars and 100 strat battles.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 03:49:56 pm »
+9
I lead around 400 clanwars and 100 strat battles

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 04:38:09 pm »
+4
How exactly do you think this works Panson :D ? You think you join as a balancer, shout "we shall nerf x y z" and one day later everything is implemented ? xD

People have different opinions, people have different amounts of time on their hand , people are online during different times of day ( real life and such - NA/EU timezones - work ). Some balance suggestions might sound good but may not appear technically possible. So then we have to wait for somebody with the necessary coding abilities to look into the matter, whereas those people are already occupied fixing bugs ( in their freetime ... they are not getting paid for this mind you ) most of the time. Tons of time is required to write down everybodies opinion, verifying this by dozens ingame tests, documenting these in presentable form, do some calculations whether your proposed thats/changes would still hold merit when applied in more than just the initial situation that spawned the idea, while keeping in mind armour soak armour reduction armour pen limb mod and 10 other formulas that work on top of native formulas which cannot even be changed since they are hardcoded.

I am not even saying you wouldnt do honest work as a balancer but I could very well imagine you quitting after a few days again because the amount of stuff you have to put up with and the tempo of which you see your work paying off is way too slow.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 04:47:53 pm »
+1
How exactly do you think this works Panson :D ? You think you join as a balancer, shout "we shall nerf x y z" and one day later everything is implemented ? xD

People have different opinions, people have different amounts of time on their hand , people are online during different times of day ( real life and such - NA/EU timezones - work ). Some balance suggestions might sound good but may not appear technically possible. So then we have to wait for somebody with the necessary coding abilities to look into the matter, whereas those people are already occupied fixing bugs ( in their freetime ... they are not getting paid for this mind you ) most of the time. Tons of time is required to write down everybodies opinion, verifying this by dozens ingame tests, documenting these in presentable form, do some calculations whether your proposed thats/changes would still hold merit when applied in more than just the initial situation that spawned the idea, while keeping in mind armour soak armour reduction armour pen limb mod and 10 other formulas that work on top of native formulas which cannot even be changed since they are hardcoded.

I am not even saying you wouldnt do honest work as a balancer but I could very well imagine you quitting after a few days again because the amount of stuff you have to put up with and the tempo of which you see your work paying off is way too slow.

Not to add that a good chemistry within the team is important. You dont just let "new guys" (even if you have 100 000 hours in cRPG) with big ego get into an important position or even a minor one with full power.
A completely new team means that you sack everyone actually on board btw? lol.

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 05:06:00 pm »
+5
What about the builds in each class?

3 build types for melee (str crutch, agi whore, and the superior balanced build) - 9 balancers

2 types for archery - 2 balancers

2 types for crossbow - 2 balancers

HA - 1 balancer

2 types for cav (lancer and 2h/pole cav) - 2 balancers

2 builds for thrower (agi throwers who just runaway when the going gets tough, and the real me who stay and fight) - 2 balancers

In total, 18 new balancers

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 05:46:32 pm »

Really?

Do you wanna know some of my ideas that arent that hard to agree and get implemented on the mod to counter the ranged retardation?

1. Crossbows require POWER DRAW aswell! Its the only ranged class that has no skill points penalty, thats why you see shielders that have crossbows. Have you seen any archer shielders? Exactly.

2. Angle fucking restriction to the god damned horse archers

Ta da, with 2 quick ideas that came in mind, you can make a huge change, with no more than 10~ lines of coding.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »
You're a coder as well? Magnificent.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 06:10:35 pm »
+1

Really?

Do you wanna know some of my ideas that arent that hard to agree and get implemented on the mod to counter the ranged retardation?

1. Crossbows require POWER DRAW aswell! Its the only ranged class that has no skill points penalty, thats why you see shielders that have crossbows. Have you seen any archer shielders? Exactly.

2. Angle fucking restriction to the god damned horse archers

Ta da, with 2 quick ideas that came in mind, you can make a huge change, with no more than 10~ lines of coding.

gieb code pls :D

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 06:29:31 pm »
+3
What about the builds in each class?

3 build types for melee (str crutch, agi whore, and the superior balanced build) - 9 balancers

2 types for archery - 2 balancers

2 types for crossbow - 2 balancers

HA - 1 balancer

2 types for cav (lancer and 2h/pole cav) - 2 balancers

2 builds for thrower (agi throwers who just runaway when the going gets tough, and the real me who stay and fight) - 2 balancers

In total, 18 new balancers

But why stop there? We could instead have representatives for 36-3, 33-6, 30-9, 27-12, 24-15, 21-18, 18-21, 15-24, 12-27, 9-30, 6-33, and 3-36, for each melee and ranged class. Considering certain hybrid builds can be regarded as completely separate, i.e. shielders/hoplites compared to swashbucklers/polearms, we'd require more players to balance than we have. All hands on deck, everyone's a balancer now!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2018, 07:12:12 pm »
We need DaveUKR as balancer thats sure

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 07:16:20 pm »
I think the current balance team have been pretty open to suggestions regarding ranged compared to previous years. I know they don't necessarily agree with what people suggest, but they at least seem to listen and have some kind of dialogue with the players. Just getting some slot increases for xbows was pretty significant imo. So I don't think its fair to just try to get them sacked when we don't even have anyone else that has put themselves forward. I do think there is always going to be some kind of conflict of interest though, even if its subconsious or whatever. If people only really favour one type of gameplay on the balance team its not going to be a balanced team

RD_Professor should probably start a thread asking for some candidates for balancing. Then let people decide with + / - for who should be let on the team. People just need a good reason to play melee. Buffs to polestab would be nice (I don't even mind the turn rate but I know other people don't like it, but that stab feels pretty underpowered imo). I would nerf ranged into the ground just to make people switch class, but I'm never going to be a balancer :D
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 07:20:14 pm »
+4
buff shield speed

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 07:20:59 pm »
I think current dev team is doing fine, they were left with a highly altered and downward declining mod as a start, they can only tweak and test at their own pace to improve things. While i would maybe also like some drastic changes to be implemented, blaming current balance team for the situation they were left with isnt really fair, nor is expecting to replace them without any sort of competence.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2018, 07:37:28 pm »
+1
We could instead have representatives for 36-3, 33-6, 30-9, 27-12, 24-15, 21-18, 18-21, 15-24, 12-27, 9-30, 6-33, and 3-36, for each melee and ranged class.
Hello :!:  :lol: