Author Topic: Monster Hunter World  (Read 7113 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 01:35:33 pm »
Beat the story final boss now too, it was a very comfortable fight with lance, as most things are. Just sit there and poke 'n parry. Vaal Hazak was a pain tho, next time im bringing some kind of resistance to his bs. Kushala Daora is bae tho, probably my fav. I would hope they add Tigrex or some other iconic monsters, so much potential.

Lol, it was completely opposite for me. I guess it's a matter of what weapon you use but:
Kushala Daora - probably the most annoying, unfun fight ever. Not even difficult, just super frustrating as SnS. I didn't have flash pods either so the fight lasted fucking 45 minutes solo. Every time I got close to Daora I got staggered by wind aura for a few sec, the most I could get in were 2 hits before I got knocked back, or it flew away leaving a massive tornado and then remained in the air for 5 minutes. Horribly designed fight, imo.
Vaal Hazak - Easiest one for me by far. As long as you have some nullberry he barely does anything, his attacks are slow and have fair hitboxes and are easy to dodge.
Teostra - The hardest of the ending Elder Dragon bunch imo (not counting Nerg/Kirin), lots of stuff you gotta be careful of, so many explosions kinda like Bagel goose on steroids. That's disregarding that all the fucking particle effects cause your (good) PC to dip to 30 fps midfight.
Xeno'jiiva - Kinda easy too, visually coolest fight for me. Slow and super projected attacks that are easy to dodge. Most of the time is spent chasing his legs because the guy is huge and when he turns you gotta run for a minute to reach him again. Also seems like he has a massive healthpool so the fight takes a while.

By far the hardest monsters right now are imo Diablos and Nergigante.

I can't wait for all the DLC fights though, especially Behemoth from FFXIV. As someone who has played FFXIV a lot and fought Behemoth there I'm so excited. They pretty much ported it 100% from FFXIV to MHW, including boss mechanics, music, end quest text and even the damage display is the same lol (! for crits and attack name displayed besides it). They even added the Extreme (hardmode) version of it recently.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:41:27 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 05:53:59 pm »
Ive heard Behemoth is an absolute monster, perhaps specifically the hardmode version but people say he is insane.

Oh and yeah Kushala can be a bit annoying with the wind stuff, but like u mentioned with different weapons its easy. Lance can parry the initial gust and then basically be immune afterwards.

I keep playing, and feeling like i shouldve been hit by things simply cause i mentally adapted to the previous titles fucked up hitboxes to not lose my sanity. See Plesioth hip check.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:16:10 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2018, 09:30:30 am »
Doing the endgame now, making a meta build. I have a bunch of Rarity 8/9 weapons and a few high rarity boss sets (I like wearing full sets for fashion), but I am gonna try making some actual builds. First one being a Sword and Shield blast build. Gonna need to grind a fuckton of decorations to make it work optimally though, not to mention augmenting that I haven't unlocked yet cuz rng.

Tempered monsters are no joke though, especially threat 2. Haven't unlocked threat 3.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2018, 11:08:19 am »
Friendly reminder to buy the power- and armorcharm in the shop for permanent attack and def. boost.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2018, 02:39:15 pm »
Friendly reminder to buy the power- and armorcharm in the shop for permanent attack and def. boost.

And upgrade them with bagel goose talons, and then buying another power/armor charm to stack all 4.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2018, 03:21:00 pm »
And upgrade them with bagel goose talons

I just discovered that yesterday myself.

and then buying another power/armor charm to stack all 4.

Didn't know that. Add this to the huge list of things the game doesn't tell you...

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2018, 06:36:56 pm »
Doing the endgame now, making a meta build. I have a bunch of Rarity 8/9 weapons and a few high rarity boss sets (I like wearing full sets for fashion), but I am gonna try making some actual builds. First one being a Sword and Shield blast build. Gonna need to grind a fuckton of decorations to make it work optimally though, not to mention augmenting that I haven't unlocked yet cuz rng.

Tempered monsters are no joke though, especially threat 2. Haven't unlocked threat 3.

loser why don't you use a proper weapon

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2018, 02:06:22 am »
I had the most trouble with Nergigante. It's a bit unintuitive to avoid the body slam attack by staying on the ground and using invulnerability frames instead of getting up to try and get out of the way.
And how!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2018, 05:15:21 am »
I had the most trouble with Nergigante. It's a bit unintuitive to avoid the body slam attack by staying on the ground and using invulnerability frames instead of getting up to try and get out of the way.

The amount of i-frames you can use from laying on the ground after certain moves etc are pretty damn long. A bit unintuitive true, feels good to once you know of it though. Lots of small little tricks in this game that are really cool to learn about.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:18 am »
Apparently there's also i-frames when you're getting up.

Need to git gud cuz tempereds are no joke it seems, I'm getting comboed to death from max HP by Threat 2 Tempereds often. Finally got a Warrior's Streamstone so I can start augmenting shit.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:07:56 am by Vibe »

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2018, 08:59:06 pm »
+1
I've recently made this armor set and I have to say. I really like it. I just need 2 constitution decorations and I'll be set.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:32 am »
My current Sword and Shield build (Teostra's Emblem), based on Blast status effect and Critical.

Build is pretty strong, stolen from youtube.

3 pieces of Zorah Magdaros to get the Zorah Magdaros Mastery which increases Blast buildup when doing critical hits.
Lv3 Weakness Exploit for 50% crit on weak spots. Lv2 Critical Eye for another 6% crit. Latent Power when active increases crit by another 20%. Lv3 Blast attack for added Blast buildup and damage.
Handicraft lv4 just for that sweet sweet white sharpness.

Works together really well, it's like I have a mini Bazelgeuse in my hand. The only shitty thing is that Zorah armor has low armor and I need to augment it to get it to decent armor levels.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2018, 01:40:21 am »
Looks pretty dope. I made a 3 piece xeno for the set bonus to reduce sharpness usage, with xeno SnS which are solid. And 2 piece rathalos for elemental damage up on crits, i just need some proper jewels now to extend the sharpness a bit. Maybe i'll make that charm youre using but that means i would lose my Weakness exploit 3, unless i get a jewel.

Not really optimal i believe but i just scratched it together to make something with xeno parts because they look flashy. A bit too flashy, the damn head piece glows so bright with no options of bloom its almost an eyesore.

Next up is a proper support horn set, and then maybe when deviljho is out ill put more focus on lancing again. I gotta get the affinity booster too, shits op.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 09:10:53 am »
Looks pretty dope. I made a 3 piece xeno for the set bonus to reduce sharpness usage, with xeno SnS which are solid. And 2 piece rathalos for elemental damage up on crits, i just need some proper jewels now to extend the sharpness a bit. Maybe i'll make that charm youre using but that means i would lose my Weakness exploit 3, unless i get a jewel.

Not really optimal i believe but i just scratched it together to make something with xeno parts because they look flashy. A bit too flashy, the damn head piece glows so bright with no options of bloom its almost an eyesore.

Next up is a proper support horn set, and then maybe when deviljho is out ill put more focus on lancing again. I gotta get the affinity booster too, shits op.

Weakness exploit jewels are a bitch to get, well at least it was for me. Took a while to get one to finally max that skill. Handicraft charm III is great, BUT you need this https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Research+Commission+Ticket
For this you either need to complete all optional quests or be HR100 - or be lucky enough to find a random guy doing it like me :D

Xeno set is like a disco butterfly. I have the full set crafted and upgraded when I just want to be flashy. It has great armor as well. Doot doot guys are the real heroes in multiplayer. I had two in my last tempered hunt and the buffs were really noticable. Didn't get stunned, took less damage, did more damage, could get up much faster when knocked down.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:10 pm »
Get buff horn for your cat, best option when playing solo - or as 2 players.