Author Topic: Remove turnrate nerf  (Read 9063 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: Remove turnrate nerf
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2018, 05:43:08 pm »
be funny to see the awlpike back in action with normal turnrates, oh god the devastation
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2018, 05:46:26 pm »
be funny to see the awlpike back in action with normal turnrates, oh god the devastation

Any polearm with a stab would feel so much better, and heavy ones overheads too. Im even eager to see more great mauls, if this was ever to come back.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 1317
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2018, 10:06:58 pm »
Great Maul benefits the most from large turn rate imho.

Chase is crying about loss of control but turn rate nerf does make fighting with weapons more delicate and skilled. Before you could start attacks with your back turned and finish them when you do one eighty which isn't very skilled thing to do. Most players who cry over nerf are those who find it difficult to calculate with limited turn rate when they are making their moves. They essentially want that complexity taken away and allowed again to make impossible moves which are 100% success due to poor original mechanics.

But since I don't play anyway and thus aren't affected by any nerf or buff, why don't you go a step further and give back polestagger too?

And we all know how good the devs were.

They were good devs which is what matters the most when it comes implementing game mechanics. If any of you lobbyist had an ability to develop software, you could easily make this change to suit your needs. But since you don't, only thing you can do is try to influence the devs which never happens. Devs do whatever devs want because they can and do not answer to anybody.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:11:35 pm by Leshma »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 10:25:17 pm »
Chase is crying about loss of control but turn rate nerf does make fighting with weapons more delicate and skilled. Before you could start attacks with your back turned and finish them when you do one eighty which isn't very skilled thing to do. Most players who cry over nerf are those who find it difficult to calculate with limited turn rate when they are making their moves. They essentially want that complexity taken away and allowed again to make impossible moves which are 100% success due to poor original mechanics.

I agree that a total removal of the nerf would be bad, but I think the turnrate could be a bit increased from where its at ATM. Basically, not giving magical abilities back to people, but at least enough that its still more controllable.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2018, 10:46:04 pm »
Great Maul benefits the most from large turn rate imho.

But since I don't play anyway and thus aren't affected by any nerf or buff, why don't you go a step further and give back polestagger too?

They were good devs which is what matters the most when it comes implementing game mechanics. If any of you lobbyist had an ability to develop software, you could easily make this change to suit your needs. But since you don't, only thing you can do is try to influence the devs which never happens. Devs do whatever devs want because they can and do not answer to anybody.

Its not about being able to calculate how to hit the stab with current turnrates, its that with how crpg works you can get agi builds that can outmaneuver the turnrates. It forces an agi based meta to even be able to use your weapons properly, because the only solution to avoid glancing is to maneuver the weapon into them. A loss of control leading into a forced meta or simply to endure frustrations only otherwise avoidable by switching to a swing weapon, prefferably 2h because of length and weights.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1103
  • Infamy: 2819
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2018, 12:02:57 am »
So you'd rather even the playing field by giving everybody superpowers than fix AGI issue? From past experience with cRPG I tend to agree with you, because it is more fun playing that way because whole point of Warband/cRPG so called pro scene is in becoming good at breaking the game in various ways. As we've previously seen trying to fix things that make no sense outside of Warband 'pro player' bubble always had negative effect on enjoyment of the game/mod.

Thing is, devs look differently on things and will always use logic to try to fix things that make no sense in general and since they don't have much time to play they aren't in the loop when it comes to current metas and general feel and whole point of playing the mod.

From dev point of view the way many cRPG combat mechanics work is pure garbage of implementation and something that every sane dev will strive to fix and make better. From metagamer perspective who's deeply involved in the mod, all these little quirk and exploits present an opportunity to make playing the mod more fun and enjoyable.

Edit: I honestly thought that AGI was this way in cRPG because Fin has dirty pictures of chadz and Fin's best buddy Shanks loves his AGI build. But it seems other devs think cRPG should allow for insane AGI setups as well. Warband devs never shared that opinion, and thus you feel like walking through mud whenever you switch from juiced up cRPG AGI build to regular native builds.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:09:00 am by Leshma »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2018, 12:08:57 am »
Most players who cry over nerf are those who find it difficult to calculate with limited turn rate when they are making their moves.
yes they were crying when they fucking watched some spledid duels with 2 titans of warband  :| one with 'i can chamber and revert' and other 'im agi but blocking is for scrubs'

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 957
  • Infamy: 2762
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2018, 12:32:31 am »
One of those titans is happily retired these days. Dunno what the other guy does, probably wastes inordinate amounts of time playing this mod as always.

cRPG community is just not good at haggling with devs because history of the mod shows that this community is so desperate for developers it will take anyone willing to work on the mod, no matter how much damage he/she may do. Therefore this community have little to no power over decisions made by developers. You currently have only one dev, this professor dude. Other are support, but only one is true bonafide backend dev willing to get his hands dirty. Which means he'll shape the mod the way he wants.

Modding Warband isn't that hard, it's just super annoying. And since game is very old there isn't many devs willing to work on mods. If modding allowed for more control then you'd see ever more devs working on mods but not everyones idea of fun is some weirdly formatted python files where most of the mechanics is hardcoded and all you gotta do (without WSE2) is to change bunch of values. That isn't programming, that's just crappy way to spend ones time. My daily job consist of working with bunch of data, calling different API functions on said data and shape it in a way my boss wants it. That isn't pinnacle of programming prowess either but it beats modding Warband.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:35:54 am by Leshma »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:48 am »
@Leshma
and i agree with 1000000% that's the whole point, why idiot balancers trying to fuck things up even more? just fucking add new weapons copy stats from similar weapons or armors (easier way to balance not having new op weapons or rigged armors  kg/armor etc) but no :!: we will try to change game mechanic (like in past this strange 2h stab) or randomly buff 1h cut weapons :!: now we have broad one handed battle axe +3 with 40cut or scimi 36 cut because some random shitter pseudo shielder glanced on heavy armor? why i never saw fucking God tier real :!: shielders going full ham not having big problems in any combat scenarios? why i see like every day good stabers toping on strat/battle doing crazy scores without making any sweet(Heibai,Lamerina,Arni with awl)? it's always crying shitters from one fucking nab clan or other useless forum warrior shits qq'ing nerf range, qq'ing revert glance mechanic, qq buff shields hp and forcefield etc

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2018, 01:03:35 am »
plz dont, I am almost fast enough to run around people faster than they can turn.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2018, 01:51:51 am »
So you'd rather even the playing field by giving everybody superpowers than fix AGI issue?

Im saying it would help more than somehow making Agi worse to disincentivise building it. It would still leave fast players to do what they enjoy, and slower ones to mechanically reliably catch up with them without having to match speeds. Id say we've seen enough evidence that nerfing does not make people stop playing things, it just makes them less enjoyable.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2018, 02:11:25 am »
+1
I lend my voice to Gravoths cause!
It's time to get rid of it, 99.999999% of players played cRPG for years now and should be good enough to fight spinstab without this ridiculous nerf.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2018, 02:12:25 pm »
Thx Renay, we have now reached the required minimum number of good player calling for decrease/removal of turnrate nerf. Its a victory guys!  :mrgreen:

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2018, 05:41:38 pm »
+1
Thx Renay, we have now reached the required minimum number of good player calling for decrease/removal of turnrate nerf. Its a victory guys!  :mrgreen:

I know, I counted throughout the thread!

Victory!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1766
  • Infamy: 920
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2018, 11:28:15 pm »
Can we at least see how this formula looks like? I'm a bit intrigued by it but not enough to dig for it myself.