Poll

Should the current leveling system be fully reverted to Pre-PoD, but have levels 35+ only grant small HP bonuses?

I like it!
64 (43.5%)
I don't like it!
41 (27.9%)
I'm fine with it!
32 (21.8%)
Other (best if you respond in comments)
10 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: Another Tweak to Leveling System Poll  (Read 3316 times)

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
Re: Another Tweak to Leveling System Poll
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 03:14:05 am »
+2
is PoD the one chadz did to try and bring new players in a few years ago? because if that's what we're talking about i think the system should go back to what it was before that. sure a small minority were level 34 (there still is that minority) and even fewer were 35/36 (only aldo had 37 as far as i know (and he was trash anyway)). sure those two levels made a small difference with how much someone could tweak their build but it didn't make them stupidly OP as far as i remember
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 06:57:24 am »
+2
My question wasn't answered. Maybe there's no easy way to know the answer? This is why I asked: I think we should be fully reverted, but I also don't think those 35+ levels should have their benefits removed. I don't think we have enough players capable of, and focused on, reaching those levels anytime soon. There are some, but not enough for it to matter. Those people are reaching for the stars. Personally, if you told me those stars contained nothing but Iron Flesh, it would ruin a lot of the joy of getting that far. I doubt there are more than 10 people still playing that could realistically reach those levels. I say let them have their cake and eat it too.

Honestly, this should have been an option in the poll.

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 08:31:01 am »
+4
Reaching level 35 impossible for at least %95 of the community anyway, even reaching 34 is quite hard while reaching level 33 is relatively easy. So i'd say keep it as it is, even tho making higher levels easier to reach would benefit me too since i don't use any IF anyway, i don't think there is much point changing the leveling system at the moment. Some people may disagree but being able to play this game isn't about level or anything. If you know the mechanics of the game, solid blocking etc. you are still able to beat any player you encounter, no matter what level you are or your enemy is.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 07:04:36 pm »
is PoD the one chadz did to try and bring new players in a few years ago? because if that's what we're talking about i think the system should go back to what it was before that. sure a small minority were level 34 (there still is that minority) and even fewer were 35/36 (only aldo had 37 as far as i know (and he was trash anyway)). sure those two levels made a small difference with how much someone could tweak their build but it didn't make them stupidly OP as far as i remember
I dont think he's refering to pod, when he did revert from pod he also changed the way leveling was before pod.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 07:38:54 pm »
I think it would be better to give "side grade" benefits to levelling up past 34 rather than giving more raw stats/power on the battlefield. I would reduce the XP needed past 34 but give rewards that are more to do with the marketplace (loom points, loom exchanges, unique items etc) or titles when you join the server or something along those lines.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 11:42:14 am »
+2
Why don't you just remove levels and xp completely? That would be the logical next step after forcing everyone on more or less the same level a little more with every update. Levels are just a joke now anyway. Low levels go by within a few hours (especially on constant x2 minimum), it's not even worth the effort to spend any points at all until you are around 20. Then soon everyone is level 30 or 31 and the grinders can get 2 more levels on top of that. But once you are at max level, you don't even want to play your awesome character anymore, because all the xp you're getting is just wasted.

More levels without any real benefit are pointless imo. If you want to do something about the leveling system, add some incentive to playing high level characters. You could make LPs buyable with xp for example, so it's still good for something when you won't level up anymore. You could also make xp gain transferrable (maybe penalized) to another character. Or just remove all xp and levels.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 12:56:03 pm »
+6
Why should there even be any changes right now? I personally like the new system! Everyone going high level can reach 33 pretty fast and it will take ages to reach 34. 35 is pretty unreachable, but whats the problem with that? Players going high lvl dont do it cuz they love leveling, they just do it so they have a slight advantage which results in a better battlefield experience, so basicly JFF! Lvl 34 as almost max is pretty fine in my opinion! I think we can all remember the QQ on the servers when people were partly 6 lvls higher than others! And as Strat leader I see the level of most of my players. Barely any of them are going high level and there is only one (soon two :3) who are lvl 34. Atleast on our current roster!

In my opinion there should be other things focused on right now.

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 04:25:21 pm »
+2
I agree with BabyBird here.
Level 34 seems quite reachable unless like 35-36 back 2-3 years ago and it serves well as the max level one can achieve. If somebody really wants to do the grind for 1.2 billion xp being one of the few on level 35 is reward enough.
For the sake of new players and such, 34 should stay as the maximum while being fairly easy to achieve. Like there is any playerbuilding anymore, youre on lvl 26+ almost instantly.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »
+4
if it's possible to implement, levels past 35 could also give a fixed amount of wpf (e.g. 75) in a weapon class you haven't skilled yet. hybrids are fun and harmless
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 12:06:51 am »
I much prefer having to actually pick a class over having hybrids without trade-offs, so I'd rather like to keep the current system.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 02:03:57 am »
the way I see it (and saw it during POD) was that the extra levels allowed for more diverse builds, but also allowed for the strengthening of builds that are traditionally harder to pull off (and rightly so, such as my shield thrower build I mentioned in another thread). because armor and weapon damage values won't necessarily change, that means hybrid melee/ranged builds will be much easier to pull off while being highly effective in both departments (21/18 with max PT, PS, ath, and WM). obviously most players would elect to remain a pure, stronger melee class, but just being a higher level won't mean the same +3 transitional will be scaled up to stop 7PD war darts from shredding it

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 09:06:06 pm »
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 12:42:14 pm »
+1
if it's possible to implement, levels past 35 could also give a fixed amount of wpf (e.g. 75) in a weapon class you haven't skilled yet. hybrids are fun and harmless

this is a nice touch, a wpf bonus to all the melee classes upon reaching a certain leve.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 04:45:21 pm »
So when is this happening i miss my lvl 33 21/21 balanced build

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »
+4
Give the 16 gen bonus to all characters regardless so new players can go straight to lvl 31 and beyond w/o having to retire 15 times for the xp bonus.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die