Author Topic: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]  (Read 15170 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 02:32:45 pm »
+4
This is a tough subject. I can see the validity of both points. If we do a full wipe we aren't guaranteed new people will come to the mod, however, if we just patch we aren't guaranteed any old players will come back. Most people, myself included, started this mod because of the level system and goal of retirement. Now there is no goal except to defeat your enemies. There needs to be some sort of end game goal that we're all working towards to get people retiring, generating loom points, etc. If we do not, it doesn't matter what we do, people will come back to check out the new items, and then leave in a month or so once they get bored again. I've always thought a good way to do this would be to lift the xp level cap. Imagine getting extra xp for every single retirement and not just capping out at 16 gens. I think that'd be pretty rad but that's just like my opinion man.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »
New items to make, new strategus to play. Advertising these on moddb creates a steady stream of new players. Population only started declining when players realized that the head dev had gone MIA and that the team was no longer working on fixing the many bugs in the game. I support patching the game and fixing these bugs before deleting everyone's progress in the hopes that it magically attracts a wave of new players.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 03:05:52 pm »
+2
well first things first, we gotta push a successful patch, fix dtv xp, and fix strat. After that, we can see where we are and plan for the long haul.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 03:31:04 pm »
+6
The clock is ticking down though. The long haul might not be that long. Once Bannerlord comes out all these arguements become moot. This isn't about the long view, because frankly there isn't one, it's more like a dead gay dying old man with AIDS deciding how best to spend the little time he has left (krems is the AIDS in this analogy).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 04:11:25 pm »
+1
I think that a wipe is a viable idea, but it is more of a last resort. Like James said, we just need to focus on bug fixing, new content, strat, and improving the game.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 04:35:12 pm »
+3
There are a number of reasons people might play native over cRPG; native combat is less restrictive with a higher turn rate, less gimped animations (eg 2h stab), a lot more balanced etc.

Native combat seems to be a lot more unbalanced to me. My frustration from the native combat has always been the stabs, whether it's two-handed, one-handed or polearm. There's like a 1-2% chance of landing a glance on an opponent, so people can just spamstab without stress, and to not only talk about stabs, the feintspasm animations in native is a lot worse too.

On another topic, the way the native combat system handles, makes the damage system more unbalanced as well. cRPG feels much more tweaked, just my two cents.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:51:05 pm by Shaxi »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 04:55:04 pm »
+2
There are a number of reasons people might play native over cRPG; native combat is less restrictive with a higher turn rate, less gimped animations (eg 2h stab), a lot more balanced etc.

Native combat seems to be a lot more unbalanced to me. My frustration from the native combat has always been the stabs, whether it's two-handed, one-handed or polearm. There's like a 1-2% chance of landing a glance on an opponent, so people can just spamstab without stress, and to not only talk about stabs, the feintspasm animations in native is a lot worse too.

On another topic, the way the native combat system handles, makes the damage system more unbalanced as well. cRPG feels much more tweaked, just my two cents.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 05:07:43 pm »
+4
The clock is ticking down though.

Is it, though?

Bannerlord ain't launching until 2020, plenty of time left for crpg.  :lol:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »
+1
I really want to play again, not that much as years ago  :lol:
but at least a few hours a week, but if you take all my looms i wont come back, thats what i know for sure
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 06:28:01 pm »
+3
new map on strategus maybe would bring new people ;) that would be something different than it used to be. Maybe some improvements would be good as well

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 07:15:52 pm »
+1
Speaking of strat, we should just go back to the one map model instead of dividing NA/EU. The times were much simpler then. At this point, neither side has much of a population so this would work for everyone.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 07:16:48 pm »
+2
new map on strategus maybe would bring new people ;) that would be something different than it used to be. Maybe some improvements would be good as well

A new Strat map could actually be a nice experience. With less fiefs and space, hence increasing player density. Also I totally want "all thine hard work has paid off" craft system back to make stratnerds not just grind troops by using 50 accounts and actually playing the game.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
+1
Speaking of strat, we should just go back to the one map model instead of dividing NA/EU. The times were much simpler then. At this point, neither side has much of a population so this would work for everyone.

A good idea and I would agree with you except that this might entail unfeasible amounts of work for the dev team.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 07:29:47 pm »
+1

Fuck sake this is actually an awesome idea.

Making an own cRPG strategus map which is not the actual Calradia map sounds fucking awesome.

I mean, it would probably be impossible for our amateur coders to make, but it for sure would make a huge community come back.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 08:27:16 pm »
+6
If anything has to happen, grind needs to be toned the fuck down, no one sane in his mind will invest as much time as they did before, simply because of the age of the mod, and because most people got a life besides cRPG now (yes, even me).