Author Topic: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]  (Read 15171 times)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]
« on: October 22, 2017, 10:13:16 pm »
+20
I personally believe c-RPG needs a database wipe to not lose veterans after a week of playing or so, which is gonna happen if there is no "goal" and "progress" in the game, which c-RPG is ALL about. What kept people rolling was that juicy x5s, now you don't give a shit if you win the round or not, because it simply doesn't matter. That kind of c-RPG will die again after people feed their nostalgic needs, the reason mods like Nord Invasion or Mercenaries is still alive is because of their huge progress pyramids, it always points you to the next goal. I repeated myself like a broken tape for 1-2 months now, no one seemed to listen and I have been given the excuse of the "we did a poll it was 50/50" many times, (which no one will make me believe that most "no" voters were ever going to play the mod anyway) so I decided to gather info in a more manual way, by interviewing people. I collected a dozen of opinions, will continue to do so, and I expect people reading this text to put their opinions down below, pro-wipe or not. Explain your views, not just go "muh looms" or "i dont give a shit xdé" Thanks.

Interviews so far: (note that those people are not handpicked and whoever is online in my Steam)
Butan:
(click to show/hide)
Rider:
(click to show/hide)
Arn:
(click to show/hide)
Overlord:
(click to show/hide)
Salad_fork:
(click to show/hide)
Pandemona:
(click to show/hide)
RIP(Banned but w/e):
(click to show/hide)
Uther Pendragon:
(click to show/hide)
Cassi:
(click to show/hide)
Drappi:
(click to show/hide)
Dodosa:
(click to show/hide)
Granny:
(click to show/hide)
Pogosan:
(click to show/hide)
Ikarus:
(click to show/hide)
oguz:
(click to show/hide)
Casimir:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:39:04 am by Kratos »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 10:37:29 pm »
+6
Yeah because we all know everyone wants to "grind" all the same stuff over again /cough.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:40:04 pm »
+10
If you wipe everything, nobody will come back. Loads of people can't be arsed to grind again.
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 11:40:14 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 11:51:56 pm »
+6
Loads of people can't be arsed to grind again.

Loads of people can't be arsed grinding to get on the same level as all the currently active players. It's important to recognise that many people don't play this mod because they feel like they'll have to put in hundreds of hours to be able to compete with the regulars, even if that's not really the case.

What have we got to lose with a wipe? Your big gay armoury with 100 looms?? suck it up my old friendot, give everyone an even playing field for the first time since december 2010

And if a wipe really does nothing to revive the mod, keep a backup of the database pre-wipe and revert back to it, then the remaining 8 active players can continue to suck each other's masterworked dongs

Put the mod's health first today. Vote 1 for wipe.

Kadeth submitted a poll to wipe the database

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:00:23 am by Kadeth »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 11:53:18 pm »
+10
I fucking love it how Arn's name is written in yellow and how he wanted it to be in yellow

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 12:05:07 am »
Loads of people can't be arsed grinding to get on the same level as all the currently active players. It's important to recognise that many people don't play this mod because they feel like they'll have to put in hundreds of hours to be able to compete with the regulars, even if that's not really the case.

What have we got to lose with a wipe? Your big gay armoury with 100 looms?? suck it up my old friendot, give everyone an even playing field for the first time since december 2010

And if a wipe really does nothing to revive the mod, keep a backup of the database pre-wipe and revert back to it, then the remaining 8 active players can continue to suck each other's masterworked dongs

Put the mod's health first today. Vote 1 for wipe.

Kadeth submitted a poll to wipe the database

loads of people cant be arsed to grind period why do you think there are 40-80 that play gk tdm every day and 15-30 people that play native battle server almost everyday. And its not because they dont "know" about crpg. Mention crpg there and you will either be ignored or get crpg sucks comments. You get a few "what is crpg" responses but only a few.

And what happens when those that have more time to play get to that "level" again keep wiping to keep all on same ground?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:14:30 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:01 am »
+1
loads of people cant be arsed to grind period why do you think there are 40-80 that play gk tdm every day and 15-30 people that play native battle server almost everyday. And its not because they dont "know" about crpg. Mention crpg there and you will either be ignored or get crpg sucks comments. You get a few "what is crpg" responses but only a few.

There are a number of reasons people might play native over cRPG; native combat is less restrictive with a higher turn rate, less gimped animations (eg 2h stab), a lot more balanced etc. Doesn't change that a wipe would attract some attention, like others have said, everyone wants to be the first to have their favourite shit loomed or to get to a certain level. cRPG is pretty much maxed out at the moment, with everyone having everything they could possibly want and nothing to progress to.

And what happens when those that have more time to play get to that "level" again keep wiping to keep all on same ground?

Then it dies again at some point, probably? There's no long term solution for cRPG considering its age and with Bannerlord around the corner, but IMO a big event like this would attract players from other parts of the Warband community.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 04:34:21 am »

The battle vs TDM argument isn't really valid, people play TDM so they don't have to wait after dying because of the try hards. It may be partially true but its more of a fun ratio to skill level thing.

I think in order for there to be a wipe there has to be a nice reason to grind, besides looms and XP. Anyone have any ideas, maybe loot, maybe craftable items? Should the servers wipe every month or so?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 04:44:58 am »
The battle vs TDM argument isn't really valid, people play TDM so they don't have to wait after dying because of the try hards. It may be partially true but its more of a fun ratio to skill level thing.

I think in order for there to be a wipe there has to be a nice reason to grind, besides looms and XP. Anyone have any ideas, maybe loot, maybe craftable items? Should the servers wipe every month or so?
what battle vs tdm argument? I wasn't vs the two, I was citing current populations on the two na servers, you will get the same response about crpg in na battle as well, actually probably even more critical. I see alot more people I recognize from crpg in  na tdm than na battle.
PENDULUM

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 04:51:03 am »
what battle vs tdm argument? I wasn't vs the two, I was citing current populations on the two na servers, you will get the same response about crpg in na battle as well, actually probably even more critical. I see alot more people I recognize from crpg in  na tdm than na battle.

My mistake, I misunderstood what you were saying. However, you did give me an interesting thought. What if we took away the XP grind, but kept the RPG aspect. Start everyone off at lvl 30 and they can increase there level up to level 33 or so after significant investment of time. However, the real thing to grind for is just gold, items, and looms. Maybe after grinding 5 million XP you get a loom point instead of levels. Take out retirement completely. Reset servers every month or so.

Everyone still gets to fully customize their character, but you don't grind for levels as much. Just a thought.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 04:55:48 am »
My mistake, I misunderstood what you were saying. However, you did give me an interesting thought. What if we took away the XP grind, but kept the RPG aspect. Start everyone off at lvl 30 and they can increase there level up to level 33 or so after significant investment of time. However, the real thing to grind for is just gold, items, and looms. Maybe after grinding 5 million XP you get a loom point instead of levels. Reset servers every month or so.

Everyone still gets to fully customize their character, but you don't grind for levels as much. Just a thought.
well I mentioned in game when James and others were on and in a previous wipe thread which I forget that maybe looms should be disabled and everyone limited to a skip the fun character, which would still keep the class builds and everyone on an equal footing so to speak and allow you to somewhat change your class on the fly as you can change stf anytime. It wouldnt hurt strategus at the present moment as there is none.
PENDULUM

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 10:25:04 am »

Put the mod's health first today.

I actually only have 10 looms in total. But I read up on it, looked into it and thought about it and I do agree to some kind of wipe.

Why not something like wiping 60% of everyone's looms (and loomed gear/weapons)? so people will still have a couple of looms back and new players also have a chance.

And indeed keep a backup if it doesn't revive the mod.

Also, don't be so r00d :(
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 12:25:30 pm »
+4
Yo Im working a full time job and building a company on the side.  about 100h a week.  if I should ever feel the need to hop on a server i would love to just have my beautiful courser and my gay ass lance waiting there for me. 
the only thing that could help me get over that loss and still actually play an hour here and there would be a massive player influx.

ahrg my courser QQ
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 01:37:22 pm »
+3
As someone that has been organizing players to play and has actually brought people online in the past months I definitely oppose the idea of a full wipe. Simply it would make myself and many of the players I play with not want to play again.

If we fix strategus, couching/dtv bugs, and patch consistently with good items and no bugs and still there are population problems then I would support a partial wipe.