Author Topic: message 2 a certain somebody thats middle aged and bald  (Read 11190 times)

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
Re: message 2 a certain somebody thats middle aged and bald
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 09:22:32 am »
+1
I see the book you're writing about where Sparvico touched you is coming along nicely. Can't wait to hear about it on Oprah.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 10:23:05 am »
+2
I see the book you're writing about where Sparvico touched you is coming along nicely. Can't wait to hear about it on Oprah.

im just trying 2 be able to say friend when i want dude oprah would feel me on that
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 10:27:47 am »
+6
Friday, July 14, 2017
11:45 PM - sugarbiggums: hey maybe if u had some hair this wouldnt get to your head as much u bald shit
11:45 PM - sugarbiggums: id like to know how it was offensive
11:45 PM - sugarbiggums: i like to hunt racoons in my free time
11:45 PM - sugarbiggums: im a hunter i have hobbies
11:46 PM - sugarbiggums: i dont have a full time career adminning like u
11:46 PM - sugarbiggums: is this what ur parents wanted u to be
11:46 PM - sugarbiggums: are they proud of you
11:46 PM - sugarbiggums: have they ever looked at u and were like
11:46 PM - sugarbiggums: damn my sons bald and a full time friendnerd
11:47 PM - sugarbiggums: noone will ever love u because youre fucking bald
11:47 PM - Sparvico: Racism isn't allowed on the server, yet you have been continually breaking that rule one way or another for weeks. If you don't follow the server rules you get banned. Pretty simple.
11:47 PM - sugarbiggums: not racism
11:47 PM - sugarbiggums: hunting racoons isnt racist
11:47 PM - sugarbiggums: youre racist for thinking it is
11:47 PM - sugarbiggums: fucking racist scum
11:48 PM - sugarbiggums: youre fucking bald and youll never have hair on top of your head ever again
11:48 PM - sugarbiggums: pretty simple
11:49 PM - sugarbiggums: rules werent made since last week so i cant indite me for past crimes
11:49 PM - sugarbiggums: do you shine your head you bald fuck

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 10:41:04 am »
Guess we know who took a liberal arts degree, enjoying the debt? : )

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 10:46:21 am »
+3
Guess we know who took a liberal arts degree, enjoying the debt? : )

being banned for 3 days from crpg will spur anyone to unnatureal measureas

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 11:58:59 am »
+2
being banned for 3 days from crpg will spur anyone to unnatureal measureas

And the one who bans for usage of words is a lil pussi, mute function is a thing, do the admins forget? :=)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 12:17:15 pm »
+10
The whole argument over "context" is absolutely pathetic. Someone can have the fucking name Niggardly Old Bastard and you dismiss him as a cheap skate... no push for any offensive context there? AT ALL? Do you hear yourself? I get muted for using "niggard" simply because of YOUR implied context while this man carries the name "Niggardly_Old_Bastard"? Why can't his name be mean old bastard? or stubborn old bastard? His name is as much of a fucking contextual pun and you elect to ignore it. The ability for Sparvico to decide how far and wide a word can relate to something offensive is a power he is abusing as much as the many people tonight abused chat.

Several people, within several seconds had all said a racist slur. I recall sugar being the very last person in the chain to type something offensive. Sugar ended up being the first and only person to be muted. Why Sugar? Because throughout the previous several minutes Sugar had been making personal attacks against Sparvico. That is an example of preferential application of administrative authority in chat. Sugar had also been making personal attacks in chat against Pistachio. Sparvico proceeded to mute Sugar for this instance as well, despite the lack of any racial slurs in that instance.

I am not claiming that personal attacks/griefing in chat should be allowable, what I am arguing, however, is that Sparvico is beyond inconsistent with his enforcement of "no griefing", or "no slurs" in chat. Clearly the racial slur "friend" is the, by popular opinion, most deplorable insult to use, but, as I showed in the example where Sugar was muted for simply "talking shit", using the word "friend" is apparently not the only chat rule Sparvico will assign mutes for.

So; we have established that there are occasions in which Sparvico will institute mutes that do NOT have to do with the afore mentioned slur. If this is the case: Then why are other chat rules that Uther has established not consistently enforced? When "friend" is used, 95% (pretty much) of the time it seems to result in a mute. Never have I seen a mute assigned for any other slurs, racial or homophobic. I have seen Sparvico's attempts at shit talk, and he loves to use the word "my old friend", as do I. Surely my old friend is offensive in some degree? If the name "spookyghost_whocarriesatorch" alludes to

"racist ideology and the lynching of African Americans"

then why is using the direct word "my old friend" okay? Homosexuals have been murdered, tortured, and prosecuted thousands of years before the modern racial demographic was established, and were still being persecuted in First World countries decades after blacks received the right to vote in the U.S. Yea, that sounds intense right so "my old friend" shouldn't be allowed, right? Apparently not.

I'm sure, just as I defend my use of slurs in chat, Sparvico and others would defend their use of "my old friend" by saying "ERHUEHA EA MY SHIT TALK IS SO BAD EEE E my old friend MEANS A BUNDLE OF STICK IEHFIUAHTUIOAEHIUH IM BALD EIHT UATHOA". Well you can't "Substitute[ing] a slur with a synonym that's not outright offensive" can you?

Racial slurs against whites and hispanics are never enforced. I literally created a character called "honkyhuntertron9000" and it was approved by Sparvico. For fuck's sake no person honestly finds Honky offensive. I don't. But the rules stand, regardless of how we find it unoffensive. UTHER: "NOT OK: Intentionally using racial slurs, like friend, chink, cracker, jap and so on, towards any player, admin, between friends, towards groups of people". I find the use of "friend" as offensive as I find the use of "my old friend" or "honky" or "gook". None of them offend me, personally, yet all are still considered offensive, YET they are not treated equally (dictionary civil rights here??). 9% of the US population (according to a quick google) identifies as LGBTQ+, while 14% are Black-Americans. If another 6 percent of Americans identified as homosexual, would "my old friend" begin to carry the same mute-earning weight in chat that "friend" currently does?

The only slurs I ever seen warrant a mute have been "friend" and "chink".

Like Jesus, Sparvico, stop acting as if you are the robot admin just doing your job. You pick and choose when and where you wish to intervene. If "friend" and Sugar's direct, personal attacks at Pistachio (or any player sending personal attacks against ANY other player, for that matter) warrant mutes, then why the fuck does the use of "my old friend", or "cracker", (which someone did use "cracker" as a pejorative this night) or telling EU players that they aren't wanted in NA servers and need to leave (which also happened tonight. EU players are a -group of people-) not require equal consistent enforcement?

Enforce the rules thoroughly and to the letter, or don't enforce them at all. Stop pretending you are doing the mod justice and defending yourself with quotes from official Chat Guidelines while you contradict yourself and the rules everyday in-game by ignoring any minor offense just because it doesn't carry an offensive weight of your liking.

You are beautiful and I love you. The current admins make me thankful I am not one anymore because I personally think banning people over a word is fucking stupid. This is a small tight knit community and the only time a ban should be enforced is when someone is actively disrupting the game and making it hard/impossible for others to play. The current age of admins is why I respecced to horse archer. The current admins are all friends and I hope my account gets muted for this. What cRPG does not need is over zealous admins enforcing every rule to the T. The mod will slowly shrink and die if we cant have our shenanigans. People who disrupt the game are the real ones who deserve to be punished, not those who say a "naughty word" in chat. It is 2017, if you get offended by the word friend then you should probably just stay off the internet.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 01:21:33 pm »
+2
You are beautiful and I love you. The current admins make me thankful I am not one anymore because I personally think banning people over a word is fucking stupid. This is a small tight knit community and the only time a ban should be enforced is when someone is actively disrupting the game and making it hard/impossible for others to play. The current age of admins is why I respecced to horse archer. The current admins are all friends and I hope my account gets muted for this. What cRPG does not need is over zealous admins enforcing every rule to the T. The mod will slowly shrink and die if we cant have our shenanigans. People who disrupt the game are the real ones who deserve to be punished, not those who say a "naughty word" in chat. It is 2017, if you get offended by the word friend then you should probably just stay off the internet.

coulsnt  have said it better myself poopy

this is a stagnant mod in a dying game. We aint gonna grow and fill our ranks wit new players. Crpg is a pastime for the people that enjoy all the shit that goes on in the servers    The shittalk and everything makes it what it is

saying bad words doesnt make people upset and leave the game. Half a team of throwers makes people leave rampant Nonstopped tking makes people leave

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 02:18:09 pm »
+8
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 02:44:40 pm »
+7
I've been into scripting recently, do you want me to make you a chatting program where you can type "friend" and get auto generated offended replies, and all of that offline so no one could ban you? There also can be a button for extra fast "friend" spam few times a second, for your further amusement.
I bet you'd like this game much more than cRPG, so everyone would end up being happy.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 02:50:26 pm »
+1
yeah sparvico you're a friend for only muting me when the entire server spammed the chat with friend.
if you weren't a bald fucking cunt this wouldn't happen it's not my fault you have no hair so everything gets to your head much more

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 04:15:37 pm »
+13
whats it like knowing that youre a bald fuck that noone loves and you should kill yourself. u dont have any power in person cause ur fucking bald and noone cares or loves bald people so u make this ur full time career u bald shiny headed fuck

Honestly thought this thread was about me, Guess I dodged a bullet here haha

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 04:18:39 pm »
And the one who bans for usage of words is a lil pussi, mute function is a thing, do the admins forget? :=)
until that mute function is persistent and doesn't unmute the player you muted when you or they log off it really isn't a solution.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:26:28 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 05:26:53 pm »
The only reason people even use the word as often as they do is because they know it ruffles the feathers of admins. Trust me if you stopped punishing people for it, it would not be said as often as it is now. You would see it every now and then and maybe a burst of people saying it bc someone else did it for the sake of it being funny because the admins got so butthurt about it at one point, but the only reason its being spammed the way it is now is because of the admins lmao
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »
+2
The only reason people even use the word as often as they do is because they know it ruffles the feathers of admins. Trust me if you stopped punishing people for it, it would not be said as often as it is now. You would see it every now and then and maybe a burst of people saying it bc someone else did it for the sake of it being funny because the admins got so butthurt about it at one point, but the only reason its being spammed the way it is now is because of the admins lmao
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:35:24 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die