Author Topic: orthodontic treatment  (Read 8259 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: orthodontic treatment
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 07:18:50 pm »
+2
What's the deal with Americans (mostly movie and media) and pure white teeth that look unnatural?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 08:08:46 pm »
+2
Maybe you should have a cultural obsession of not being fat as fuck. Only 31% of americans have below 24.9 BMI lmao

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 08:36:30 pm »
+2
I had all of my wisdom teeth removed 2 years ago... It was painful af beacuse dentist was a cruel dickhead.. He realized that he forgot a part of tooth inside my chin bone after stiching is done :(

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »
Check your sources next time instead of just googling "invisalign causes cavities" and posting the first few links. Here's a breakdown of your non-biased sources:

1) http://www.hillsdaledentalcare.com/blog1/invisalign-increases-risk-cavities/

Do just a bit of digging and find out that surprise, surprise, they're a provider of invisalign! Who'd a thunk it?

2) https://www.realself.com/question/invisalign-cause-cavaties-due-the-teeth-being-coverednot-exposed-saliva

Some sort of website where you ask random e-doctors about your medical problems? Sure, seems legit. Undoubtedly preferred by someone as enlightened as yourself over something as unthinkable as visiting a physician irl to get diagnosed.

3) http://www.minneapolisstpaulinvisalign.com/does-invisalign-cause-cavities/

This one is too easy, it's literally in the website's url.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 09:12:25 pm »
+3
What's the deal with Americans (mostly movie and media) and pure white teeth that look unnatural?

Good dental care
teeth aren´t supposed to be papersheet-white

pure whites are mostly bleached, don´t bleach

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 10:49:32 pm »
+1
anyone here ever had orthodontics treatment?  what was your experience,  and what could have made your experience better?

sleeping gas, I had some badly impacted wisdom teeth removed without it and would never recommend it to anyone  :lol: actually maybe i'm thinking of an oral surgeon. Maybe recommend all the places with sleeping gas lol.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:52:59 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 287
  • Infamy: 1733
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 12:38:35 am »
+4

Marketing defines America as a country and best way to present yourself are straight and shiny white teeth. I don't think you can be politician or media person in USA without perfect looking smile. May be fake as fuck, but it does look perfect. Remember, we're talking about the country which popularized fake boobs, dyed blonde hair and fake tan.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2147
  • Infamy: 1750
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 12:56:33 am »
+2
I'll bring it up at the next meeting, but something tells me that would conflict with our cultural obsession of burgers

Thing is, you're not obsessed with burgers. At least not with the meat portion of it (depends what you call the burger, whole meal or just minced meat inside). You need to eat a ton of meat to get fat, before you do that you'll probably get sick of it if only thing you're eating with meat are vegetables.

But when you add ketchup (should be made from tomato but is actually mostly sugar), mayonnaise (ton of calories, also quite a bit of sugar), cheese and other stuff that has sugar inside, you get fat from eating it. Try eating just fried onions, pickles and other vegetables that come inside the burger with meat but without ketchup, mayonnaise and rest of that crap that makes it addictive. When food has strong initial kick it means some addictive compound is present in large percentage. In case of mass produced food it is mostly white sugar that gives food that kick. But that's not everything it does, also leaves you feeling empty few hours after having large meal that has ton of sugar. You can eat a lot of pizza, to the point where you're feeling sick few hours later but at the same time you're still hungry because you didn't eat right food your body demands.

American TV shows about obese losing fat are the best. When 500 lbs whale two weeks into program starts worrying will strawberries make her fat again (she lost like 30 lbs, still a whale). Listen bitch, strawberries are not the reason why you're fat as fuck but the shit you pour over the bowl of strawberries. Yes they can fuck someone who's preparing for bodybuilding competition but won't make 500 lbs whale fat, you can't eat such quantities alone. You need sugar on top to devour it.

Edit: It is big misconception that some food doesn't taste good. When you're famished everything tastes good during first few bites :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:00:07 am by Leshma »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 04:46:28 am »
Check your sources next time instead of just googling "invisalign causes cavities" and posting the first few links. Here's a breakdown of your non-biased sources:

1) http://www.hillsdaledentalcare.com/blog1/invisalign-increases-risk-cavities/

Do just a bit of digging and find out that surprise, surprise, they're a provider of invisalign! Who'd a thunk it?

2) https://www.realself.com/question/invisalign-cause-cavaties-due-the-teeth-being-coverednot-exposed-saliva

Some sort of website where you ask random e-doctors about your medical problems? Sure, seems legit. Undoubtedly preferred by someone as enlightened as yourself over something as unthinkable as visiting a physician irl to get diagnosed.

3) http://www.minneapolisstpaulinvisalign.com/does-invisalign-cause-cavities/

This one is too easy, it's literally in the website's url.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 05:02:03 am »
yo ima orthodontist

can you fix my teeth for looms? the orthodontist i went to said it would cost me approximately 30k to straighten my teeth and fill the gaps with implants...  :|

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:28 am »
+1
I had braces in middle school/early high school, about 3 years I think? Afterwards they gave me those invisalign molds you wear at night. After about a year, they cracked in the middle of the night while I was wearing them and never got them replaced. I think at that point it was no longer covered under my parents' insurance.

As of now, my teeth are still aligned alright. I have had a minor overbite my whole life, braces didn't fix it. They did make me acutely aware that I had an overbite and I still have an unconscious reflex to avoid smiling with my teeth out for pictures because of this.

They are pretty mellow yellow, since I drink half a pot of black coffee per day at least. On top of that, I picked up a snus habit a few years ago. I use anticavity and tartar control toothpaste/mouthwash, but no whitening stuff. A lot of it is shown to wear down your enamel, and for me at least it would be useless since I'm staining my teeth all day erry day.

I hated having braces as a teenager, but the orthodontist office did have a sega genesis with several games in the waiting room and that was cool and good.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 09:35:11 am »
I hated having braces as a teenager, but the orthodontist office did have a sega genesis with several games in the waiting room and that was cool and good.

yo was thinking about sth along that line,  but patients usually wait no longer then 10min. waht game can u play in 10min peh
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 09:49:12 am »
yo was thinking about sth along that line,  but patients usually wait no longer then 10min. waht game can u play in 10min peh

Set up a Mario game? Eventually they'll beat it. And a level is just around a few min anyway.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 09:57:16 am »
Set up a Mario game? Eventually they'll beat it. And a level is just around a few min anyway.

I could see them sitting in the waiting room not giving a shit when my girls call them cause they wanna keep playing lol
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 10:01:30 am »
+1
I could see them sitting in the waiting room not giving a shit when my girls call them cause they wanna keep playing lol

Just make it Super Mario Bros. 2