Author Topic: 2/29/20  (Read 96405 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: 2/29/20
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2018, 03:54:57 am »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:23:44 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2018, 07:14:00 am »
+5
^ that looks so arcadey.  It reminds me of chivalry, which is not a good thing.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2018, 08:14:29 am »
^ that looks so arcadey.  It reminds me of chivalry, which is not a good thing.
It supposed to have been made by either ex chivalry devs or players(dont know how players would get chivalry code though) and supposed to address problems they saw in chivalry. But everything seems to be battle royale these days so it might succeed.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2018, 12:35:49 pm »
+3
looks too wonky for my taste, the animations have no sense of impact at all which makes fighting look silly

I'm also not a friend of being able to loose your sword in mid-fight, does that randomly happen or when you get hit on the hands? May be realistic, but I don't think it's a fun mechanic on a long term
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:30 am »
+3
1st person fov seems to much... maybe it will feel better while playing, but watching sbdy else play gives me cancer.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2018, 05:03:05 pm »
+1
It supposed to have been made by either ex chivalry devs or players(dont know how players would get chivalry code though) and supposed to address problems they saw in chivalry.

I really wanna know what problems they saw in chivalry, as they seemingly kept all of its faults perfectly intact.  :lol:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2018, 05:37:12 pm »
1st person fov seems to much... maybe it will feel better while playing, but watching sbdy else play gives me cancer.
I saw one video that the person was playing it in 3rd person, maybe they scrapped that part though.
PENDULUM

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2018, 08:26:03 pm »
+1
There definitely was both 3rd and 1st person perspectives in the alpha (or whatever) version, that i saw.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2018, 02:00:28 am »
+2
does that randomly happen or when you get hit on the hands? May be realistic, but I don't think it's a fun mechanic on a long term

I haven't played it for a few months, but iirc it used to happen when you tried to block without stamina.

@asheram, it does still have third person view, it's obviously designed to be played in first person, though. I think the official servers are going to be FPP only. FPP was much better for duels in this game anyway, easier to follow animations and time chambers etc

It's basically just a "polished" version of Chivalry from what I can tell. I'm not a huge fan, but it does have an interesting meta with all the attack dragging you can do. Similar to Warband in the sense that a good player can get on the duel server and go 40-0, it's definitely skill based with clearly defined tiers. I'd try to get into it, but as usual, the aus servers are empty. Might change when the game releases, MIGHT

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2018, 03:03:20 am »
I haven't played it for a few months, but iirc it used to happen when you tried to block without stamina.

@asheram, it does still have third person view, it's obviously designed to be played in first person, though. I think the official servers are going to be FPP only. FPP was much better for duels in this game anyway, easier to follow animations and time chambers etc

It's basically just a "polished" version of Chivalry from what I can tell. I'm not a huge fan, but it does have an interesting meta with all the attack dragging you can do. Similar to Warband in the sense that a good player can get on the duel server and go 40-0, it's definitely skill based with clearly defined tiers. I'd try to get into it, but as usual, the aus servers are empty. Might change when the game releases, MIGHT
The release date was supposed to be this month but got pushed do you know how far?
PENDULUM

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2018, 05:50:12 am »
No idea, their website just says 2018. If you guys didn't like chivalry then there's no reason to be excited about Mordhau anyway, the combat style is in even more of a niche than warband, and being MP only, I can't see it ever really taking off.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 2094
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2018, 11:35:32 am »
Small map arena pvp made for Kuyak heroes. Reminds me of those melee only server which last for one map then everybody goes back to general battle server. Because focus on melee combat sucks, plain and simple as much macro heroes and other cheating scum would disagree.

Besides no single player is no go for me. I've spent nearly 7000 or maybe even more hours on Warband. In 7000 hours I could become world leading expect in some field and push billions of dollars around. Compared to addictive online waste of time I've never spent more than 500 hours on single player game.

Mordhau isn't niche, it's dead in the water. Kinda like Of Kings of Men was even before it tanked hard.

But imagine if chadz was actually smart and didn't listen to lame people he put his trust into during Melee development. Having a game in early alpha state during 2017-2018, bearing the name Melee: Battlegrounds would be highly beneficial. Enough that not even mechanics or polish would matter, sales would be generated on the basis of having Battlegrounds in its name because internet's infatuation with Player's Unknowns Battlegrounds. Changing name mid development put just another nail to the coffin of Melee. chadz should sue whoever person came up with that idea.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2018, 08:03:34 am »
+3
RIP Bannerlord (2020)

and by the way
(click to show/hide)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2018, 08:50:53 am »
+6
RIP Bannerlord (2020)

and by the way
(click to show/hide)

Most unwanted feature anyone who plays Warband could ever wish for in a new game.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2018, 12:14:27 pm »
+3