the PANOS is...

Correct, as usual.
a piece of shit
a blessing to this community
Fucking ban him already
GIVE THEM RUN!
YHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH!
Le Run!

Author Topic: LIVE YOUR MYTH IN FRANCE.  (Read 27033 times)

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
Re: LIVE YOUR MYTH IN FRANCE.
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2016, 06:12:47 pm »
Less refugee? No no no no... you don't understand..... Merkel is secretly muslim.......she the head of state of both Germany and Daech.....
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2016, 06:29:40 pm »
Yes

Possibilities:

- You're trolling with that answer because you don't wish to admit that if put to the test the answer would really be no.
- You're naive and stupid enough to really mean yes.

If youre decent in fighting, or just relatively strong, then you could probably take a person with a knife down. You might get stabbed or cut, but adrenalin too stronk. Or you could like Paul mentioned, simply run away.

What happens to the person that is not physically strong or a trained fighter?  Just too bad for them huh?  Some people have to be victims right?  Yes you may get stabbed in the heart, or jugular vein.  Good luck with adrenaline carrying you through that.  Ask Paul where are you going to run to inside a moving train car.  Running, if you are able to physically and with safety (why would you turn your back on a person with a knife and ask for a stab in the back?) is probably the best option.  But sometimes retreating is not an option.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:38:32 pm by Turkhammer »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2016, 08:18:41 pm »
Possibilities:

- You're trolling with that answer because you don't wish to admit that if put to the test the answer would really be no.
- You're naive and stupid enough to really mean yes.

What happens to the person that is not physically strong or a trained fighter?  Just too bad for them huh?  Some people have to be victims right?  Yes you may get stabbed in the heart, or jugular vein.  Good luck with adrenaline carrying you through that.  Ask Paul where are you going to run to inside a moving train car.  Running, if you are able to physically and with safety (why would you turn your back on a person with a knife and ask for a stab in the back?) is probably the best option.  But sometimes retreating is not an option.

If youre not stron enough you run away, simple as. If you manage to get stabbed in the heart while trying to defend yourself youre aboslutely worthless at defending yourself, a vein maybe, but even then the adrenaline will probably keep you up for a while. I've seen videos of people getting stabbed in the throat, but still walking it off for at least a bit. Adrenaline is super OP, youd be surprised how many stab wounds some people can take and still fight fully for their lives.

Stabbing someone moving away from you is, at least i can imagine, way harder than someone moving towards you or standing still just to take it. It's tough to take someone down like that, maybe a wound or two but its going to be really hard to get anything vital.

Honestly its probably really hard to kill someone thats aware of your intents when using a knife.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:19 pm »
If youre not stron enough you run away, simple as. If you manage to get stabbed in the heart while trying to defend yourself youre aboslutely worthless at defending yourself, a vein maybe, but even then the adrenaline will probably keep you up for a while. I've seen videos of people getting stabbed in the throat, but still walking it off for at least a bit. Adrenaline is super OP, youd be surprised how many stab wounds some people can take and still fight fully for their lives.

Stabbing someone moving away from you is, at least i can imagine, way harder than someone moving towards you or standing still just to take it. It's tough to take someone down like that, maybe a wound or two but its going to be really hard to get anything vital.

Honestly its probably really hard to kill someone thats aware of your intents when using a knife.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

This adrenaline magic also apparently only works against knife wounds but not gunshot wounds.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2016, 08:34:59 pm »
+2
Oh well, this forum redpilled me on my (lack of) common sense. So I thought it would be obvious that a gun trumps a knife most of the time but I have been mistaken. The "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" saying had been a joke all along.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
Oh well, this forum redpilled me on my (lack of) common sense. So I thought it would be obvious that a gun trumps a knife most of the time but I have been mistaken. The "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" saying had been a joke all along.
Yeah because sayings are always the ultimate truth, just like "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger:"
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2016, 09:08:02 pm »
Having had a gun and a knife pulled on me in my youth, I must say I felt worst seeing a knife, just an erie feeling, it's so personal, gun feels cold and fast way to go, knife is scary, plus there's a feeling the guy won't actually pull a trigger, the chance of getting slashed is far greater.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2016, 11:00:22 pm »
You have no idea what you're talking about.

This adrenaline magic also apparently only works against knife wounds but not gunshot wounds.

I didnt say the adrenaline doesnt work for gun wounds as well, i just said that fighting a knife-wielding person gives you a greater chance of survival. And so id say its less dangerous.
Obviously depends on where the gun and knife hits, but the gun in general has more power, speed and range. And depends on what gun. Before you can retaliate against a gun you could be filled with 5 holes, while against a knife you could probably get somewhat of a grapple without taking more than one or two cuts/stabs.

Having had a gun and a knife pulled on me in my youth, I must say I felt worst seeing a knife, just an erie feeling, it's so personal, gun feels cold and fast way to go, knife is scary, plus there's a feeling the guy won't actually pull a trigger, the chance of getting slashed is far greater.

Thats probably true, someone with a knife is more desperate and intent on going through with it, while the threat of a gun might make them secure enough to not need to shoot. If that makes sense. For those who watch lindybeige probably saw his recent videos, shooting someone while looking them in the face is incredibly difficult unless you are a psychopath.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2016, 11:29:00 pm »
+1
Whaaaats going on here?
People claiming a knife is more lethal than a gun, people claiming you could expect to neutralize a knife-wielding guy with your bare hands, Xant posting stupid shit filled with sarcasm. Wow, Im impressed.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2016, 09:08:00 am »
I didnt say the adrenaline doesnt work for gun wounds as well, i just said that fighting a knife-wielding person gives you a greater chance of survival. And so id say its less dangerous.
Obviously depends on where the gun and knife hits, but the gun in general has more power, speed and range. And depends on what gun. Before you can retaliate against a gun you could be filled with 5 holes, while against a knife you could probably get somewhat of a grapple without taking more than one or two cuts/stabs.
The gun needs to be reloaded, can be grabbed and offers no advantage to the wielder in close contact. Civilian shootings aren't combat situations, you don't get sniped by Delta Force from 2 miles out before you have a chance to react. So many people die in shootings because they're so shocked that they just stand still and wait to be shot, an interesting description was given by the singer of the band in France whose concert was attacked, people being a meter from safety but just waiting to be killed instead.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2016, 07:46:59 pm »
Whaaaats going on here?
People claiming a knife is more lethal than a gun, people claiming you could expect to neutralize a knife-wielding guy with your bare hands, Xant posting stupid shit filled with sarcasm. Wow, Im impressed.

A knife could be as lethal as a gun at close quarters.  A gun, especially a pistol, is not a magic death machine that instantly kills or incapacitates whatever it hits.  A shot to the central nervous system (brain or spine) is necessary for that.  Even a shot to the heart may give enough time for the attacker to kill with the knife before blood pressure collapses.  If a knife wielder has one hand on you, the probability that you may get cut or stabbed is quite high, even if you have a gun.  That said, I'd still choose the gun.

What the gun confers is protection at distance.  Unless the attacker with the knife has closed the distance to where he has one hand gripping you so you can't back away and he can stab you then a gun is clearly superior.  The display of a gun would often deter the threat of a knife attack and it certainly is the best defense against multiple attackers if you can't defuse or escape the situation.

She's full of shit. EU are doing their best to stop immigrants to enter. She's trying to get political points from liberal leftist cucks because there is no way in hell she'll get votes from right wing supporters. Fighting for her own life.

Another proof that politicians are nasty people and should be replaced by professionals.
Politicians already are professionals.  That's part of the problem.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 693
  • Infamy: 2869
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2016, 09:27:42 pm »
Maybe they are, in this fucked up world. You see, biggest issue we have are professionals who don't create any value. Politicians, lawyers, clerks, economists. There is no visible end product of their work, it is all virtual. And not in a good sense of being virtual, like worlds or tools created by programmers. What humanity needs to do, is to purge non creative professionals.

Leshma the Builder, 2016 AD

Edit: My country has hundreds of thousands of people who studied law and economy. Managers of all sorts, government workers, lawyers, those kind of people. Because of that we lack skilled workers, those who carry economy forward by creating something. We just can't pay all them wankers, because we have no industry, no proper economy. If it was up to me, I would close down all schools which aren't producing workers. Until we reach some balance.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 2344
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2016, 04:41:16 pm »
For those who don't know why Panos picked this particular title, this is why:

Of course those who never stepped a foot outside their Winland never heard about it :P

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2016, 06:42:48 pm »
+1
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/31/us/austin-shooting/

Witnesses engaged the suspect, disarmed him and took him down