Author Topic: Goodbye my friends  (Read 19477 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Goodbye my friends
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2016, 05:03:33 pm »
+1
But there is and always has been? Since 2014 atleast when I played actively. If you spammed it too much you wouldn't be able to do it for a while. That's atleast how I remember it.
Yes but iirc to activate it you need to use 5 commands in a row, as soon as you wait a few of seconds you don't trigger it, and with the long voice commands you can pretty much spam it

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »
+1
jebać merców  8-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:15 am »
+6
krems still manage to be more retarded on the forum than in game, it's beyond imaginable. the only guy bringing some half-decent counter-argument to oberyn that isn't utter horseshit is heskey, and i don't even get why; he was a cool guy in game, there's no reason (literally there's no reason unless you're being part of that shithole clan) to defend them, no reason and no excuse at all.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:14 am »
+4
krems still manage to be more retarded on the forum than in game, it's beyond imaginable. the only guy bringing some half-decent counter-argument to oberyn that isn't utter horseshit is heskey, and i don't even get why; he was a cool guy in game, there's no reason (literally there's no reason unless you're being part of that shithole clan) to defend them, no reason and no excuse at all.

Obviously, didn't you know Krems are all lobotomised brain-dead retarted spastics, drugged up to the nines playing from our local nuthouse.

Excuse me while I wipe the dribble off my keyboard.....

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2016, 01:26:20 pm »
+3
If I somehow had credibility with you before this post, then here it all goes.

Why would I need an excuse to defend them? I've never found it annoying when I spawn, that people are spamming adorable voice commands at each other. It's like the 'Wololo' spam before an Age of Empires game.

I like inquisitive players who push the game limits to the maximum. Usually those are the same players that end up trying new builds, strategies and weapons that nobody else considers using. Building defensive camps for throwers/ranged which include weapon racks for ammo refills, or even having the balls to build a catapult in EU1. I love players like that because they're using features of the game that rarely see use. In many ways, Krems would be the perfect testers for OkaM's overall mechanics and features due to this ceaseless quest to find unusual/broken elements in a multiplayer game. But a lot of people are going to hate players like that because in a 15 vs 15 fight if a handful of players stop to build a catapult then that team is outnumbered on the battlefield and is likely to lose. That would indicate to me that siege weapons are not working as intended in the public servers (duh) and if this were a new game that would be something that requires attention from the developers. But what you gonna do? If catapults were fast and easy to build/use, everyone would use them constantly. But if you straight-up remove them, you're limiting the features of your game.

For some people 'fun' is doing the same thing every time and trying to perfect it (the same build, the same weapons, the same strategy), but for others 'fun' is the constant pursuit of something new, weird, 'broken', strange-looking in the game.

Personally I find the latter far more fun than the former and it's why cRPG engaged me for so long because there is so much variety and they kept adding new features (eg. nudge). I'll make the highest possible STR/PS build because I want to see what happens. I'll use a wooden stick or a tiny hammer and even sometimes toggle 'walk' but i'll still *try* to kill enemies because I want to see if I can. I'll abuse the nudge mechanic where it's cheap and effective to do so.

For people who's only understanding of 'fun' is to do the same thing over and over until they're the best at it, they will never understand the restless desire to find new and weird things to do in game. Equally, people like me who enjoy playing solely to find new and strange things to do struggle to understand how someone can enjoy the monotony of playing 'optimally' within the meta every day for multiple years. The players who give Krems a lot of shit for trying to keep it interesting, there may be a resulting element of 'pay-back' that encourages the voice-spam to continue just sliiiiiiightly longer than it otherwise would have, just to irritate the players who rage about it.

As for brocoding, players on the full range from tryhard to carefree do it every now and then. You'll see 'serious' AmoX guys do it, you'll see any number of players who recognise each other on the battlefield sometimes stop for a hug or hang back slightly in combat. That's the price of having full control over your character's movement in combat. Krems have a very strong 'krems' identity (I'm sure that is in no way driven by a 'fuck krems, you trolls' attitude from others), and part of their desired image/theme/RP is this 'harmless', 'fluffy' persona which really does lend itself to in-game hugs. Again, we may never know how much or how little this would happen if they didn't know it annoyed certain players. That may not even be a factor.

As for delaying. Delaying pisses me off after a round is over. But cRPG players need to get some perspective and take off their rose-tinted glasses if they think delaying is bad in cRPG. I came to cRPG from IG_Battlegrounds server in native and jeeeeeeeeeesus would rounds last for fucking ages. Ranged camper vs cowardly infantry 1 shot from death... Last player running around the town map for ages waiting for a 1 v 1 fight. Pointless 'last stand' in some obscure corner of the map. Even without flags, our rounds are insanely fast and always have been. And if flags worked every time it'd be even faster. If you cant even wait 2 minutes, then the last active gamemode on cRPG really is not for you.

TLDR - we've had it pretty good in cRPG. Fast rounds, and players who all know each other. But if your intention over the last few years of cRPG was to hone your skills doing the same thing every day to become some fearsome angel of death to the server, you've wasted the last few years of your life because everyone in that server knows and potentially likes you too well to take you seriously.

Every game is going to have a mix between 'my weapon was nerfed 1 point of damage, now it's worthless and I need to use the new *best* weapon' and 'my weapon does 0 damage but I like the way it looks so i'll always use this', with most players sitting somewhere in the middle. Anyone at either extreme is going to find the opposite annoying. Krems are more towards the latter half, but they make the game more interesting for me than the other type of player which as far as I'm concerned are just there to bulk out the numbers.

*Edit*- and I've never been able to fathom how Switch can find Krems so annoying in cRPG, but tolerate playing any other online game with me because we play like 'Krems' in most of them. Remember our fat topless unarmed Mexican wrester characters in SWTOR? How we'd keep finding players in the RP server who were looking for immersion and dance our fat sweaty bodies right next to them? Lol
TLDR is too long, make a second one for us Krems with 5 second attention span

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2016, 05:06:17 pm »
+8
If I somehow had credibility with you before this post, then here it all goes.

Why would I need an excuse to defend them? I've never found it annoying when I spawn, that people are spamming adorable voice commands at each other. It's like the 'Wololo' spam before an Age of Empires game.

no it's not

I like inquisitive players who push the game limits to the maximum.  except krems are dragging it to its minumum, i seriously thought it was a joke this one lol Usually those are the same players that end up trying new builds, strategies and weapons that nobody else considers using. Building defensive camps for throwers/ranged which include weapon racks for ammo refills, or even having the balls to build a catapult in EU1. yes, yes ofc. when 15% of the team is waisting time building a catapult (which everyone them included know it's impossibile to do and even if they do it's going to be useless, they're not retards or trolls, no they're pioneers with balls to fight the system and its conformism, how blind we couldn't see that. I love players like that because they're using features of the game that rarely see use. In many ways, Krems would be the perfect testers for OkaM's overall mechanics and features due to this ceaseless quest to find unusual/broken elements in a multiplayer game. But a lot of people are going to hate players like that because in a 15 vs 15 fight if a handful of players stop to build a catapult then that team is outnumbered on the battlefield and is likely to lose. That would indicate to me that siege weapons are not working as intended in the public servers (duh) and if this were a new game that would be something that requires attention from the developers.  But what you gonna do? If catapults were fast and easy to build/use, everyone would use them constantly. But if you straight-up remove them, you're limiting the features of your game. i'm still thinking and hoping you're trolling, you can't be serious; i'm going to answer as if you were though, hopefully resulting FUCKING PRANKED BRO because it was a joke all along. the healing tent/catapult/ammo stack features were all thought to be used in a situation of massive fights, which is strategus; and for some time they were used, and rather succesfully, no idea what strats battles are now. they weren't polished, they were and looked clumsy, but they added something to the strats battle. seing them being built in a battle of 15 v 15 that it's going to last at max 6 min it's annoying, it's like seing a retarded kid doing something stupid and expecting it to work, despite it being obvious to us "normal people" (or tryhards) that it's never going to work, except in this case even the brain damaged kids are aware it's not going to work or be useful at all, and that pisses off us conformists who don't see the potential in having an ammo stack at spawn that it's just going to disappear the next round (if they manage to build it at all)

For some people 'fun' is doing the same thing every time and trying to perfect it (the same build, the same weapons, the same strategy), but for others 'fun' is the constant pursuit of something new, weird, 'broken', strange-looking in the game.

Personally I find the latter far more fun than the former and it's why cRPG engaged me for so long because there is so much variety and they kept adding new features (eg. nudge). I'll make the highest possible STR/PS build because I want to see what happens. I'll use a wooden stick or a tiny hammer and even sometimes toggle 'walk' but i'll still *try* to kill enemies because I want to see if I can. I'll abuse the nudge mechanic where it's cheap and effective to do so.

For people who's only understanding of 'fun' is to do the same thing over and over until they're the best at it, they will never understand the restless desire to find new and weird things to do in game. Equally, people like me who enjoy playing solely to find new and strange things to do struggle to understand how someone can enjoy the monotony of playing 'optimally' within the meta every day for multiple years. The players who give Krems a lot of shit for trying to keep it interesting, there may be a resulting element of 'pay-back' that encourages the voice-spam to continue just sliiiiiiightly longer than it otherwise would have, just to irritate the players who rage about it.

you put krems in the second category, but that's the mistake; they belong to a third one, a sort of mixture of those 2: finding a broken mechanic and doing the same shit over and over and over and considering it fun for everyone, it's just teasing, it's annoying, it's fucking retarded. going around with mugs it's fine for the first 2 days, doing it for a year it's not. having a whole team going around with stones and sticks and having them camp the spawn it's fun for 2 hours, still having this is just a condition. same for spamming voices chat commands, brocoding, delaying and all the other shit. if they were done occasionally (as they were before this disease called krems was born) people would accept them, some ban requests here and there and good to go.

As for brocoding, players on the full range from tryhard to carefree do it every now and then  sporadically, it was done sporadically and from different players. if between friends someone farts we laugh about it, if the same guy keeps dropping a nuclear bomb every single time we meet in an enclosed space, it loses the fun side and becomes annoying. You'll see 'serious' AmoX guys do it, you'll see any number of players who recognise each other on the battlefield sometimes stop for a hug or hang back slightly in combat. That's the price of having full control over your character's movement in combat. Krems have a very strong 'krems' identity (I'm sure that is in no way driven by a 'fuck krems, you trolls' attitude from others), and part of their desired image/theme/RP is this 'harmless', 'fluffy' persona which really does lend itself to in-game hugs. Again, we may never know how much or how little this would happen if they didn't know it annoyed certain players. That may not even be a factor.

As for delaying. Delaying pisses me off after a round is over. But cRPG players need to get some perspective and take off their rose-tinted glasses if they think delaying is bad in cRPG. I came to cRPG from IG_Battlegrounds server in native and jeeeeeeeeeesus would rounds last for fucking ages. Ranged camper vs cowardly infantry 1 shot from death... Last player running around the town map for ages waiting for a 1 v 1 fight. Pointless 'last stand' in some obscure corner of the map. Even without flags, our rounds are insanely fast and always have been. And if flags worked every time it'd be even faster. If you cant even wait 2 minutes, then the last active gamemode on cRPG really is not for you. sometimes i complain about the safety of milan during the night, but compared to the safety of some village in somalia, we're just off the charts; so what? am i supposed to either not complain or bring the criminal level close to the somalian standars? maybe this is what avant garde krems are doing? making crpg as shit as some native servers to give us the rights to complain and we just misunderstood them?

TLDR - we've had it pretty good in cRPG. Fast rounds, and players who all know each other. But if your intention over the last few years of cRPG was to hone your skills doing the same thing every day to become some fearsome angel of death to the server, you've wasted the last few years of your life because everyone in that server knows and potentially likes you too well to take you seriously.

Every game is going to have a mix between 'my weapon was nerfed 1 point of damage, now it's worthless and I need to use the new *best* weapon' and 'my weapon does 0 damage but I like the way it looks so i'll always use this', with most players sitting somewhere in the middle. Anyone at either extreme is going to find the opposite annoying. Krems are more towards the latter half, but they make the game more interesting for me than the other type of player which as far as I'm concerned are just there to bulk out the numbers.

*Edit*- and I've never been able to fathom how Switch can find Krems so annoying in cRPG, but tolerate playing any other online game with me because we play like 'Krems' in most of them. Remember our fat topless unarmed Mexican wrester characters in SWTOR? How we'd keep finding players in the RP server who were looking for immersion and dance our fat sweaty bodies right next to them? Lol

i'm seriously astonished, you reminded me how pointless was discussing with krems and krems supporters, your views are sick and distorted; you're depicting them as "explorers of the hidden gameplays features" when they're plain and simple trolls. i woudln't be so pissed off if they were not masked as saviors, crpg is ded to me and to most it was going to die anyway, but seeing these guys being even praised, sweet baby jesus that drives me nuts. i still hope you don't believe in what you said. the only thing i'm hoping for is that these guys keep this attitude in okam, would like to see how devs and moderators would react to their "brave gameplay testing"

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »
+1
mad cuz bad

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2016, 05:14:29 pm »
+6
If the Krems behavior spreads to OKaM in whatever way, then I'll ask chadz for a refund or give Panos my key.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2016, 06:19:15 pm »
+3
Mm, imagine if they ruined everyone's immersion by making obese characters called 'KFCBOSS' and 'PIZZACRUST' and ran around dancing all the time in ludicrous outfits. What shit-heads would do that?

That has absolutely nothing to do with why the behavior that drove me away from cRPG would also drive me away from OKaM.

I don't care about immersion one bit.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2016, 07:04:19 pm »
+8
What behaviour drove you away?

mad cuz bad

Ignorance and utter disrespect towards other people.

cRPG has always been full of banter and retardation, but many Krems behave like they are proud and happy to be driving people away from the game. That makes them fairly despicable in my book. If you know that your behavior is seriously harming the mod, you usually reflect and change it some way. They never even considered that. Instead they kept proudly announcing how trolly they are and proceed to make fun of people whose fun had been seriously spoiled.
Whether that is a result of incredible shortsightedness or plain disrespect, I cannot tell. But either way, as Darmaster said, it is awful that they are held in such high esteem by so many people. Then again, I guess the majority of people who don't support them quit long ago.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 2119
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2016, 07:31:32 pm »
+1
If the Krems behavior spreads to OKaM in whatever way, then I'll ask chadz for a refund or give Panos my key.

As I previously said, doubt they'll even be interested in doing it. But even if they do, scope of that game is different and their "contribution" will not be felt at all.

Much, much bigger problem will be hackers. They'll probably force many of us to stop playing after some time. Unless cmp has some magic under his sleeve to keep hacking in check. I sure hope so.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »
Because everyone else in this mod is so enlightened and respectful.

You should know I have also spoken out my resentment towards eg Blackbow. Cause what I have seen from him is proof enough to me, that he is of the same kind.

No Krems has ever been disrespectful to me (unlike the assorted scum at the bottom of the barrel i've clashed with from other clans over the years), but maybe i'm not a dick to them? Cos i'd sure be proud and happy of driving someone away if they were an ass to me.

There are Blackbow supports. Clearly you are not of the same opinion as them.
I stopped counting, but I can asure you that it has been numerous times that they were dicking around on the server. Countless times have I told them to play properly if it's not many people online (If 5 out of 50 are doing fuck all I don't care. But if it is 25% of the team it is different.
Maybe twice out of all those times have they actually started helping the team half assedly. The rest of the times they continued trolling around, bragging about how awesome they are, posting screenshots of them standing around hugging one another in the spawn or whatever they can do to praise their behavior.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2016, 07:38:47 pm »
+1
As I previously said, doubt they'll even be interested in doing it. But even if they do, scope of that game is different and their "contribution" will not be felt at all.

Much, much bigger problem will be hackers. They'll probably force many of us to stop playing after some time. Unless cmp has some magic under his sleeve to keep hacking in check. I sure hope so.

Even if their trolling had little impact on the game, I would still not want to play. Just because I don't want to give them a playground to fool around on. And I sure as hell don't want to wind myself up over it, cause I know I will.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2016, 01:50:14 am »
+3
When the population was high, you could see such trolling only late at night, when player amount decreased below 20 or so. I remember that a lot of special characters played almost solely in that comfortable niche. It was oddly enjoyable at times, if you neednt sleep that day of course.
When the population began to decrease, the trolling moved closer to primetime and then became regular, disrupting the usual flow of the game. When it is the norm it stops being cool to a lot of people.

I personally stopped playing regularly because of the population number itself: cRPG was enjoyable when it was a living battlefield, where you could have epic rounds fighting people left, right and center. If you managed superbly, you could kill 10 or more in one round! Today 10 is the total number of the opposing team  :lol:

With OKAM, as long as servers are densely populated, "unusual" gameplay will remain an isolated minority and everything will be like at cRPG golden age. No need to worry.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2016, 08:27:35 am »
+5
When the population was high, you could see such trolling only late at night, when player amount decreased below 20 or so. I remember that a lot of special characters played almost solely in that comfortable niche. It was oddly enjoyable at times, if you neednt sleep that day of course.
When the population began to decrease, the trolling moved closer to primetime and then became regular, disrupting the usual flow of the game. When it is the norm it stops being cool to a lot of people.

yeah after 11:00PM it was time to switch from tryharding char to troll in pyjama :)