Author Topic: The Epic  (Read 56724 times)

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
Re: The Epic
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »
+8
Nebun just wants to ruin the game for everybody. I say we should have a russian-only server.

lol coward! If u want a soft game go play sims on ur sisters computer.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2016, 06:44:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply chadz, one question stays open still. What are your family members doing when you are not controlling them ? just wonderin

I assume they will be sitting in the shops or barns- inside.  I suppose if your farm or city got attacked mercs could play them to either attempt to fight the raiders off or to run away.  To switch characters within your family, I think you should have to park the guy you are on in a safe place- your house, a garrison or an inn.  An explorer could have a tent, but would be vulnerable- all part of the dangers.  I suppose a small cabin could be built as a centre of operations.

I think it would be a good idea to be unable to attack buildings or use ladders except during primetime.  People with odd hours will miss out, but they could still attack people wandering about.  But that's their own fault for not living in their parents basement.

I suppose if you are a successful merchant with all your family working out of one city and it gets attacked, it might be in your best interests for your family to hide in a cellar til the fighting is over, then welcome the conquerors as your new overlords.  Having occupiers and occupied would add an interesting dynamic to the game.

Offline khelbyz

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2016, 07:16:33 pm »
To switch characters within your family, I think you should have to park the guy you are on in a safe place- your house, a garrison or an inn.  An explorer could have a tent, but would be vulnerable- all part of the dangers.

That's some nice input bryggan, Parking your guy seems like a good way to go but then he doesnt "work" for you...
I think that one great opportunity with the game was to be able to gain ingame street cred while offline if you did things smartly (like placing your family members in the right places) and this would also add to the global population without a cost. The main flaw of the actual sandbox games is the limit of population... this would have been a way to avoid it a bit.
But hé, it's better without any bot in the game, I agree 4 sure.

I am really starving for more informations ;D. That's a good point I guess.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2016, 03:51:15 pm »
kittens
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:54:22 pm by Golem »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2016, 03:53:26 pm »
I take it that you guys, haven't decided on a timeframe for a round of the Epic, yet?
I would personally like 2 kinds of servers.

One server that plays a round in one week, with specific time-frames, when you can join and play on it. More war-like. Permadeath would be common and only way you could survive a battle, where you have fallen is if the enemies take you prisoner or someone gets your unconcious body back to a town, where a doctor will treat you. The map would be smaller and player counts high, because of the limited time-frame, when you can play on the server - say 2 blocks of a 4 hour period. It would be more focused on conquering the map, rather than being economically superior. Towns and people could be attacked freely. Since the map is smaller and there is a definitive primetime, I don't see the need for NPCs or atleast not as many of them.

The other kind of server I would like to see, contrasting the previus one, is a slow-paced persistent world. Going on for months, maybe a year. More focused on capturing resources and economy, rather than conquering the map by force. You could join and leave the server as you liked. Permadeath wouldn't be such a big issue. Firstly, because the round takes so long, you can easily make new characters and have enough time to climb to your former glory. Secondly, because of some kind of organic mechanic, like law-enforcement or because you would rarely fight with the head of your family in battles. Logging off is not an issue, since attacking a settlement, where you would hopefuly make your home, would be limited. Attackers would have different options, when they attack a town.
1.They can attack immedietly. But only destroy the periphery and the battlements and other barriers, that are not within the center of the city itself.
Next, they can schelude, with the local lord(or owner of the town or whatever) a time, when the siege will take place(or they can do this right off the bat, before destroying the walls etc.)
First, they decide on the time of the siege. This is pretty straigth forward. Both have 6 tries to settle on the time, within an 18 hour period(or any other number, really). If, they don't agree on a specific time a compromise is made, based on the times that were given during the negotiation. After that, based on the number of players in the city, the attackers that made it to the outskirts of the city, before the start of the siege and the different times given during the negotiation - a time limit for the siege is set. If, the attackers capture the city within that time limit, they win. If, the defenders successfuly defend the town for the time given, the attackers have to withdraw and schelude another attack. Anyone in the city, after the timer expired (i.e. defenders if attackers win/attackers if defenders win) takes a place in a mini-game, where they either have to escape the city or be captured by the opposing army. Think of it as a grand chase of sorts. If, the gate is intact and there are no holes in the walls and no ladders or any other means of escape, the pursuers can capture all the people inside, just by closing it.
2. The attackers can demand something. A time when these conditions need to be met is scheluded between the commanders. If, the conditions are not met the siege proccess outlined above takes place. If, they are met, but the attackers still decide to attack the town, the siege proccess above still takes place, but they get a penalty in the time-scheluding part.

During the time between the negotiations and the actual attack, given that the attackers destroyed the periphery and are camped infront of all exits, everyone who wants to exit or access the city, has to pass through the camp, where they may get mugged, taken prisoner or even murdered. Obviously, the defenders or their allies can plan a pass through the camp in disguise and assassinate the commander, assuming he's logged in.

End of suggestion.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:56:42 pm by Golem »
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2016, 03:54:01 pm »
oh shit, I pressed quote instead of edit, my bad

Offline Salvius

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salvius, VersatileVeteran (STF)
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »
+1
Don't like that. If its like a start battle then yes u should be able to wipe out village or castle or take it for urself.
But if u just roam around the map and killing ppl u should be able to kill anyone u want but for that for example become a bandit and if someone kills u, then he doesn't become bandit himself. But if its not a proper battle u shouldn't have ability to use siege equipment for example so u can't destroy any buildings, but should be able to kill and loot bodies and whatever is in the open. 
This will force some people to build walls and some people to make proper sieges. But there should always be mortal danger outside the cities and it will create more drama. Because if u will wipe out someones lumber mill, for that maybe they will wipe out ur resource points.
Or if neither side can win a war, both of them can make raids on caravans or resource points to weaken the opponent.
This has to be lethal and brutal or it will lack a lot of strategic moments.

I would like to agree on that... Even though I never played it, to my mind EVE is the MMOish game with the most complex and most interesting player-driven story I know. And this is because almost everything you do there can have tremendous consequences for you or other players.
Therefore I would like to see a system implemented where every player can choose to display or hide his/her name tag while running around in the persistent world. Because knowing who murdered/robbed you and then hunting this guy with your clan mates is a thing I don't want to experience in OKAM...

Furthermore, as I have understood it so far, "creating" a character that has decent fighting skills within your "family" should not be much of a problem. Thus, I don't see an issue with permadeath being experienced quite often within the gameplay mechanics.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2016, 08:37:20 pm »
+1
Therefore I would like to see a system implemented where every player can choose to display or hide his/her name tag while running around in the persistent world. Because knowing who murdered/robbed you and then hunting this guy with your clan mates is a thing I don't want to experience in OKAM...

Maybe like a social menu with a button tagged 'Introduce yourself' or 'Give name' so it's more immersive?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2016, 01:09:42 am »
+3
HALT

SHOW PURSE
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2016, 04:51:44 am »
+1
HALT

SHOW PURSE
That's a nice head you have on your shoooooooulders
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2016, 05:02:43 pm »
I would like to agree on that... Even though I never played it, to my mind EVE is the MMOish game with the most complex and most interesting player-driven story I know. And this is because almost everything you do there can have tremendous consequences for you or other players.

Furthermore, as I have understood it so far, "creating" a character that has decent fighting skills within your "family" should not be much of a problem. Thus, I don't see an issue with permadeath being experienced quite often within the gameplay mechanics.
And how exactly are authorities supposed to find and punish criminals then?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2016, 05:25:03 pm »

Maybe like a social menu with a button tagged 'Introduce yourself' or 'Give name' so it's more immersive?

Then you can request peoples names, when they want to enter your settlement, make a trade or just when you meet them on the road. If, a person gives it, you'll remeber his name forever(i.e. see it above his head), otherwise you have to go by the face. Obviously, if someone wants to enter a town, withouth telling a guard(that has orders to take names) his/her name he has to bribe him or otherwise persuade him.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2016, 05:29:33 pm »

My idea was that on the first type of server, perma-death SHOULD and WOULD be an issue do to the limited number of family members and the short duration of one 'round'.
So that kind of server would be more survival/action oriented, with more risks.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2016, 07:05:26 pm »
+3
Typical German.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2016, 07:16:56 pm »

Go by descriptions, like irl