Author Topic: The Epic  (Read 56237 times)

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
Re: The Epic
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2016, 11:38:41 pm »
+1
That's something we discussed, I believe it was Thomek who initally wanted to turn it into a full blown slavery simulator. Initially: no, but we're considering it. The idea of permanently capturing a character that has to be freed is very interesting. But for now we're trying to get the basics down.

I thought of slavery as of resource, don't need to capture players and make them do things for u. I was thinking of capturing their families, so they used as slaves and die with time, but owner can put them to work and make profit. They could be like NPCs that could do basic things. While those who lost their families, can make themselves new one.
Obviously :D don't need this if u don't have time, i would rather get game sooner with less features. Just curious if it was in already.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2016, 12:27:35 am »
I thought of slavery as of resource, don't need to capture players and make them do things for u. I was thinking of capturing their families, so they used as slaves and die with time, but owner can put them to work and make profit. They could be like NPCs that could do basic things. While those who lost their families, can make themselves new one.
Obviously :D don't need this if u don't have time, i would rather get game sooner with less features. Just curious if it was in already.

Since you can switch between the characters, it's like enslaving a cRPG alt  :)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2016, 12:30:56 am »
+3

That's what I meant - players and their family are the same thing. But if you could enslave an enemy character, it has to come with the loss of that character for that player (and not replacable). Otherwise you could create huge fake-slave armies by enslaving your friends. An option for that could be that you can either free him for as long as he is captured, or kill him after a cooldown period. Anyway, that's future stuff, and won't be on the drafting table for some time. Once we have the core game down, we can think in what way we want to expand it.

Offline khelbyz

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2016, 01:29:13 am »
Sounds awesome. I just have too many questions, hope you can answer some.
Can we set our family members to do actions while we are not playing them ? Will it be represented in the world (meaning if I set one of my guys to the mine, will a bot do the stuff ?), and can it be killed then ?

As stated before, if there are a lot of bots to kill in the game, a lot of bots will be killed and this might get frustrating to log in and see everybody is dead while you were out. But if the bot is not in the world, what stops you from massively gathering resources while offline (as a ghost) and then break the local economy ?
Do you plan on adding "policeman", will they be stupidly strong ?

I particularly loved the persistent world mod for m&b and it had some of the features you plan on adding, but everybody had to roleplay to make it really work. My fear is that non roleplayer could diminish my interest in the world by "world of warcrafting" like stupids. Do you have any plan to make people more involved in the world ? Public debates, executions ... ?

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2016, 03:08:19 am »
+5
Edit3: chadz, make alcohol a gameplay element and create wobbly-controls for intoxication!

Actually... i will lobby for that.

Sneaking into enemy camps, secretly replacing their water supplies with some cheap gin, causing them to get shitfaced and then plow them the next day when u meet on the battlefield.

Sounds like good gameplay to me!
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2016, 10:19:27 am »

Sneaking into enemy camps, secretly replacing their water supplies with some cheap gin, causing them to get shitfaced and then plow them the next day when u meet on the battlefield.

Indeed it does.

Just curious about the cost of EA and when the Publishers are gonna announce the game.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2016, 10:24:57 am »
That's what I meant - players and their family are the same thing. But if you could enslave an enemy character, it has to come with the loss of that character for that player (and not replacable). Otherwise you could create huge fake-slave armies by enslaving your friends. An option for that could be that you can either free him for as long as he is captured, or kill him after a cooldown period. Anyway, that's future stuff, and won't be on the drafting table for some time. Once we have the core game down, we can think in what way we want to expand it.
ransom or chance of escape increased with each passing day

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 10:25:08 am »
+1
I totally won't give a shit about trying to build a huge empire, and instead become some smelly drunk that molests people on the road nagging them for a gold coin for another beer.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2016, 10:26:38 am »
ransom or chance of escape increased with each passing day

Should be able to set the ransom yourself if you captured someone.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »
+1
As long as you cant be yourself a prisoner/slave in real-time or at least not behind the screen...

In M&B, when you are being a prisoner, time skip happens for one simple reason: it sucks to be a prisoner.

Even in the Persistent World mod, with enthusiastic roleplayers, "capturing" real human players and putting them in jail is funny for a couple hours max.
Most will rebel or quit after a couple minutes.

But since I still dont grasp the exact scale and basic gameplay options Epic will have, it could work if its very innovatively done. Since I saw the term "revolutionary" being used a fair number of times, maybe anything goes!

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »
+1
Should be able to set the ransom yourself if you captured someone.

Ransoms should have a set value based on assets otherwise trolls will put someone up for 10 million.  Actually, will there be a capture system?  You knock someone out and carry them away over your shoulder or tied to your saddle?

And speaking of trolls, it would be admirable if we helped out the Donkey Crew by not being trolls.  Instead of ganging up and killing anyone who tries to start building a city, perhaps we could at least help the game get started.  I would like to see several wealthy, secure city states where a noob can go free from harassment and start a life.  A few heavily armed guards patrolling might not be too boring a job for guys who like to hang out and chat with buds, plus bounty hunters clearing out the surrounding areas of criminals.  And a legal system of punishments.  When Panos gets captured for murder, say 3 days in a cell being tortured followed by a public hanging.

Perhaps a system where regular folk have to store their arms in the gatehouse for the duration of their stay would work.  No right to bear arms here!  Then we can see people wearing 'regular' clothes that can be made and purchased.  Drab woolens for the poor, brightly dyed silks and furs for the rich.  Players love showing off their wealth, and it would help the economy.

But we can only hope the trolls are outnumbered by dedicated players.  Judging by the amount of autistism in the forums, I worry.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2016, 04:15:27 pm »
+1

Not the purpose which I had in mind (I want it for beer mug competitive fighting) but if it gets it into the game: hell yes!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »
+2
I really liked the system of punishment in UO (ultima online). There for rule violations character teleported to esolated area  where he was to extract a few thousand units of resources) best days in my life XD

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2016, 06:39:30 pm »
+2
Ransoms should have a set value based on assets otherwise trolls will put someone up for 10 million.  Actually, will there be a capture system?  You knock someone out and carry them away over your shoulder or tied to your saddle?

Well, as Vovka said earlier, with every minute/hour/whatever that passes, your chances of escape increase.

So someone putting the ransom up to a stupid amount will never get that money, instead they will sit on their prisoner until at one point s/he escapes.

That way no ridiculous amounts of gold will be ransomed, cause everyone would rather have 500 gold 100% than 5000 gold 5%.

Offline Pestdoktor

• Developer
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis, Wolves of Fenris, Burg Krems
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »
+1

Of course the quality of drinking water must've been a lot lower back then, but don't you think they'd still be able to taste the difference? :D

That's what happens anyway when the "ticket" of that Family Member is used up in battle, no?