Author Topic: The Calradian Confederacy claims the lands of New Tadsamesh & New Tilbaut Castle  (Read 10292 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Strategus is a lot more fun when you try to just take what you want, instead of worrying about who's toes you step on.  Self preservation is incredible boring, I thought you guys had your fill last Strat.  If you just want to build things up and never have battles, Sim City is probably free on EA Origin.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Translation: now that it's come to it we'd actually rather not fight a war per say, so we'll just "blockade" it for awhile until something else comes up to occupy people's attention.

(click to show/hide)

There's some benefits to a blockade, dont worry we will attack again soon. We are waiting on our siege armies to get into the area.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
There's some benefits to a blockade, dont worry we will attack again soon. We are waiting on our siege armies to get into the area.

Sounds exciting, I drew up some serious battle plans for Tilbaut before the REALM dissolved, it'll be interesting to see how you go about it.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
for me this has still been the best strat to date.

(click to show/hide)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
This hasnt been the biggest strategus, and i miss the days where you used to have 60+ people in each TS channel clamouring to get into a battle. But for me this has still been the best strat to date.

I used to play strat like a typical nerd:
- Slowly build up armies and silver and gear
- Trade agreement with everyone
- Peace agreement with everyone
- Roster support agreement with everyone
- Lose my hard-earned troops/silver in a single battle
- 'This shit takes up too much time and effort, i have a life!'
- Quit

This round i'm playing it like... a game? Where y'know:
- You make some men, give them whatever shit's around and send them to fight.
- When army 'A' dies, use the leftover gear and silver to make army 'B' stronger and faster than you made army 'A'
- Send army 'B' to it's death
- Get sent to EU, use the trip to make more silver
- Send armies 'C' and 'D' to seek revenge
- Give Switch 500 Pickaxes and Pelt Hoods and send him into the heart of GOBBLIN territory whilst making an RP post about us putting all our eggs in one basket by giving Switch all our best gear.

Way more fun.

That is probably the most fun way to do it.  In fact, it takes a lot of gold to maintain such garrisons.  Blockades waste your trade potential, and in my opinion should only be done while actual sieges are underway.  However, I would never announce my short term tactics in Diplomacy, you only give up your advantage.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
I'm going to take a single fief and then afk in it with all my separate accounts while telling people they should not do that as it's incredibly boring.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
This is coming from a clan who's only real accomplishment was getting attacked on a day that the servers decided to take a shit, and land the largest windfall of all this Strat.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
This is coming from a clan who's only real accomplishment was getting attacked on a day that the servers decided to take a shit, and land the largest windfall of all this Strat.

Plus, since the Gobblins decided to split after that clusterfuck we've been assuming their previously (unofficially) established role as the "big kids on the block" by picking fights with other factions (namely, you). The only thing that was preventing us from booting your ass out of Shariz prior to the past week was when the Gobblins were a constant threat AND the fact that we had shit gear, partially because you took Shariz right from under our noses, therefore setting us back economically/financially to the degree we were in prior to the 2nd server holocaust.

Also, you sure seem to enjoy talking shit even though all you've literally done is take two cities in the most inopportune fashion for everyone except yourself: first Shariz right before we organized a sieging party, then Tulga right after Acre conquered it by the skin of their teeth. Besides completely skullfucking your market to stack as much gear as possible, you've literally sat on your ass for two months complaining about people sitting on their asses, when you very well could've either done some flash raids on our villages, sieged our castles, or perhaps done a dual offensive with the Gobblins while they were still around.

If you can't grasp the irony of this situation, I don't know what will.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:48:55 am by Screaming Idiot »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
I'd probably say that being the first faction to not only take a city from AI but, even more importantly, take a city from another faction, would count as doing nothing.  Its even more impressive, when you realize half my faction was FCC spies.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
I'd probably say that being the first faction to not only take a city from AI but, even more importantly, take a city from another faction, would count as doing nothing.  Its even more impressive, when you realize half my faction was FCC spies.

And the other half was comprised of only you.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
HoC can only knock down whats lined in front of them, they're repeatedly attacking Shariz so it's not like they're shying away from battles right now.
If you want to trashtalk HoC there is PLENTY to do it about without the false suggestion of them not being active in Strategus.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
HoC can only knock down whats lined in front of them, they're repeatedly attacking Shariz so it's not like they're shying away from battles right now.
If you want to trashtalk HoC there is PLENTY to do it about without the false suggestion of them not being active in Strategus.

This guy gets it.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Are you guys still fighting?  It's been awhile since we've seen a fight from either faction.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Are you guys still fighting?  It's been awhile since we've seen a fight from either faction.
we are blockading their castle. No troops of the Northern Dominion has been spotted and as we stated we arent planning on going near their northern lands. We will be attacking the castle soonish as our blockade is almost over.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Just an FYI since the CC hasn't brought the Free Peasants into this whatsoever. They have troops hiding in the forests waiting for you guys to try to travel to eu or the steppe.

So just go up north and pass that way.

Edit 2: If I see your troops heading up north CC there are going to be issues.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:29:26 am by ArysOakheart »