Author Topic: [Add-on] Strategus Tool Belt (STB)  (Read 35954 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: [Add-on] Strategus Tool Belt (STB)
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2017, 10:12:09 pm »
Parts of it work. Parts of it don't. It doesn't sort gear stored in a fief for instance.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2017, 10:19:06 pm »
+2
Per Úlfur's request, I'll sticky this thread for future generations to marvel and possibly use. If it gets by some chance fully updated and starts working again, then even better))
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2017, 02:14:02 pm »
+1
Is this still a thing Butan? Any hopes of you and Chy continuing to develop Strat outside of the add-on?

Eg.
Updating the main UI for everyone?
Making text such as "Integrating strategus into the main website is currently in the works." that has been there for several years a reality?

Ignore all previous roadmapping, it was a time where everything was different... We were barely beginning to get to know chadz & co, Battlegrounds was in the works so they were helpful but very busy, and by the time we were trusted enough for proper access to website/database, cRPG and Strategus were largely dead! I honestly cringe when I think of what we could have done if the timing had been better.

Making the last STB version 100% compatible with current strategus shouldnt be too hard if we ever get back on it. Seeing the amount of people that plays strategus battles nowadays, it seems to be worth the hassle.
Logically, if everything was going fine we could add more functionalities, and even resume "integrating" things into the official website if the current team is cool with it.

Truth be told, the last official strategus UI overhaul done some years back is already very nice and show that there is a lot of data to use for even more UI reworking.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2017, 02:25:45 pm »
The colored map filters in particular - for factions, diplomacy and trade distance - would be a god-send in the main Strategus UI that people get by default.

Fun fact: I hand-drawn pixel by pixel the first border map filter (that is the basis for every other STB map filters) a couple hours a day for weeks to learn much later through the dev team that there was border coordinates to use in the website database.  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2017, 12:27:10 pm »
Glad to help, this is very critical to making cRPG Strat work properly ;D
May there be Darkness where there is light.

pogosan

« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2017, 02:43:58 pm »
+1

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »
Could maybe inject some of the working code into strat itself when the update comes?

If someone wanted to do just that he has full authorization to. We were asked something along those lines a couple months ago and already gave green light but idk what happened behind the scene since then.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2018, 09:09:06 pm »
+6
I come with great news! Rejoice!

Chy, the beloved developer of the Tool Belt shall be back once more, and cook up some nasties on Strategus!
We will wait for the reset (in case more features are implemented, or the interface is changed, who knows...) before brainstorming and adapting the plug-in to the game, but you can be sure the tool will become fully operational again in the future, and probably will expand somewhat.

Completely off-topic but Chy just finished developing a indie game, if you're interested to check what he's done I'll leave a link to the steam store here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/676700/Heroes_of_Delum/

I can get some free keys since I helped the game a bit. Just PM me if you're into it. Just sharing the word :)

Offline Imperious

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikuku
  • Game nicks: Lacoste
  • IRC nick: DIE
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2018, 01:48:37 am »
I come with great news! Rejoice!

Chy, the beloved developer of the Tool Belt shall be back once more, and cook up some nasties on Strategus!
We will wait for the reset (in case more features are implemented, or the interface is changed, who knows...) before brainstorming and adapting the plug-in to the game, but you can be sure the tool will become fully operational again in the future, and probably will expand somewhat.

Completely off-topic but Chy just finished developing a indie game, if you're interested to check what he's done I'll leave a link to the steam store here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/676700/Heroes_of_Delum/

I can get some free keys since I helped the game a bit. Just PM me if you're into it. Just sharing the word :)
P E R F E C T