Poll

Rate this essay

1/5
2/5
3/5
4/5
5/5

Author Topic: Unban Essay - The difference between fooling around and disrupting/griefing  (Read 23171 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
I agree with Bjord about how bans are scaled up dramatically fast.

I had only one ban I believe, but I know a fair share of people that had 2 or more, and the speed at which you can meet the "1 month ban" bar or even the "unban essay" bar even if you only do some completely minor shit a couple times is completely FUBAR for such a small and chill community.
Lacking time to properly monitor cases, impossibility to apply selective "fair" judgement... admins look at ban history and "word-of-mouth" and thats pretty much it. It is a reality that cannot be denied; at the same time we cant blame the admins for this.

Except for extremely hardcore stuff I believe permabans/essay bans should be replaced by 1-3 months bans, max.

Yes, so if this is the style of admining that we are going to tolerate then we also need appropriate measures when deciding what is fair if someone is to get banned. Certainly not how it's being handled now.

And rude behaviour, sarcasm and flat out disrespectful attitudes don't belong in your rhetoric when you are an admin. Rico certainly is one of the few admins who I've had the misfortune to deal with, approaching him with reason and being met with hostility. This is completely unacceptable, but admins have a tendency to behave like the police, where they won't criticize their "colleagues" or even consider that someone has been unfairly treated just because it is a fellow admin.

Worrisome indeed.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+2
Not sure an essay ban was necessary, he was only dealing with xesta, some would see that as a positive. Then again they are both basically the same, both rages, im pretty sure xesta has been teamhitting on purpose aswell, so its ironic to me that xesta is the one getting bjord banned. But as i mentioned, they are both the same, bjord probably would have done the same in xestas seat had he the opportunity.

A weeks ban or something is probably enough, or 3 days. Such long term solutions are sad to me, i think ragers add a nice flavor to the game.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Not sure an essay ban was necessary, he was only dealing with xesta, some would see that as a positive. Then again they are both basically the same, both rages, im pretty sure xesta has been teamhitting on purpose aswell, so its ironic to me that xesta is the one getting bjord banned. But as i mentioned, they are both the same, bjord probably would have done the same in xestas seat had he the opportunity.

A weeks ban or something is probably enough, or 3 days. Such long term solutions are sad to me, i think ragers add a nice flavor to the game.

I don't have the energy or interest to ban thread people, it's a waste of time to me. I don't care if people teamhit me, but yeah agreed. I think this was over the top of a decision.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
I agree with Bjord about how bans are scaled up dramatically fast.

I had only one ban I believe, but I know a fair share of people that had 2 or more, and the speed at which you can meet the "1 month ban" bar or even the "unban essay" bar even if you only do some completely minor shit a couple times is completely FUBAR for such a small and chill community.
Lacking time to properly monitor cases, impossibility to apply selective "fair" judgement... admins look at ban history and "word-of-mouth" and thats pretty much it. It is a reality that cannot be denied; at the same time we cant blame the admins for this.

Except for extremely hardcore stuff I believe permabans/essay bans should be replaced by 1-3 months bans, max.

Calling bullshit on that. Trust me, the bans here are lax as fuck. For an example I'll use Guard_SayAttack, he's been reported by me a total of three - four times (Each being successful and leading to him getting punished)
Now, the first time, he was warned, the second time, he was banned for a small period of time, the third time I think slightly larger but still small (ban) and the fourth (still not sure if it's three or four here to bare with me) he was banned for 10 days.

Had it been me administrating the case on a different server, he would have been permanently banned the third time he did it. That's not harsh what so ever. If you can't learn to not break the fucking rules on the third try what's the point in carrying on keeping you here, you've shown you can't behave and thus you should be gone permanently. (GUARD YOU'RE JUST AN EXAMPLE HERE, I'M NOT SPEAKING ABOUT YOU IN GENERAL) (pls no hate me more than u already do :c)

The admins here are nice, don't try and call them harsh at all because they are most certainly not.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Calling bullshit on that. Trust me, the bans here are lax as fuck. For an example I'll use Guard_SayAttack, he's been reported by me a total of three - four times (Each being successful and leading to him getting punished)
Now, the first time, he was warned, the second time, he was banned for a small period of time, the third time I think slightly larger but still small (ban) and the fourth (still not sure if it's three or four here to bare with me) he was banned for 10 days.

Had it been me administrating the case on a different server, he would have been permanently banned the third time he did it. That's not harsh what so ever. If you can't learn to not break the fucking rules on the third try what's the point in carrying on keeping you here, you've shown you can't behave and thus you should be gone permanently. (GUARD YOU'RE JUST AN EXAMPLE HERE, I'M NOT SPEAKING ABOUT YOU IN GENERAL) (pls no hate me more than u already do :c)

The admins here are nice, don't try and call them harsh at all because they are most certainly not.

You must be new here.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
If you can't learn to not break the fucking rules on the third try what's the point in carrying on keeping you here, you've shown you can't behave and thus you should be gone permanently.

Thats this stance that is a bit over the top for me  :wink:  and some admins seem to agree with that.
They have the power, they got to decide, I dont; just throwing my piece here, because I've seen a bunch of dudes getting perma'ed for fuck all.
I would prefer a thriving cRPG community with a bunch of ragers than a smaller one, with silent players swinging around mindlessly.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:42:53 pm by Butan »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+4
I would prefer a thriving cRPG community with a bunch of ragers than a smaller one, with silent players swinging around mindlessly.

One could argue that a bunch of ragers is one of the reasons why the community is getting smaller (is it even possible?). Though I am and always was against permabans, I find ragers and retards amusing.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2831
  • Infamy: 1234
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
I wasn't even aware that Bjord was ever banned hahaha.

Been there when Khorin permabanned his ass in what seems like ages ago. This thread is confusing, permabanning already permabanned player. Only in cRPG. Unless he bought a new key like Mr Penos?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
One could argue that a bunch of ragers is one of the reasons why the community is getting smaller (is it even possible?). Though I am and always was against permabans, I find ragers and retards amusing.

Looking at the biggest gaming communities being nothing but ragers, i would say letting people act as they wish is good for growth, maybe not for general enjoyment though. Fortunately not a lot of crpg are ragers, but the ones that do are funny.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 2323
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Bjord is a bit more than that. Everybody knows that very well.

Offline Xesta

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Known as the best player of cRPG.
    • View Profile
+4
First off: nice "Essay" you've got going there m8 I R8 8.
TBH I didn't even know that Amox_Cancer was actually Bjord but after all it didn't matter for me in that situation. All I saw was some merc Player going on my nuts and not only mine, read the ban thread you also th autobus and other people, so yeah ofcourse I would willingly report you for that if the badmin isn't banning you for 2hr or something. Actually you can give all your blame towards blackbow and not me, because if he just kicked you from the Server for 2hr or something I wouldn't give two shit about this whole thing anyways. But then blackbow acted like a biased badmin which lead me to report this whole case. It was more like to write a complain about blackbow than to get your ass handed by the admin Team. As you got banned for 3 days First I didn't even think about that whole thing twice.

I guess things turned out misfortuned for you.

All I can say about this whole shit in one sentence is:

I wanted the admin Team to tell blackbow how to do his Job as an admin, not to get people perma banned randomely cus they are secretly bjord going full retard drunk Mode at 2 am.

I don't even like bjord but I think he should be unbanned, if he stops playing c-rpg drunk at 2am and not giving a fuck.

But in the end the admins are deciding if he should be unbanned or not, so yeah.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:47:24 pm by Xesta »
Xesta you dumb fuck it all started because of you.Everyone i know in this server hates u pimple faced fuck.Go find someone else to pull your nipples,spit your face and tell how stupid you are i'm done with you.I'LL KEBAP YOUR ASS ON MY SHISH I'LL TURN FACE HOLES INTO A SPERM SPLATTER TO GROW FETUS IN UR MOMS UTERUS

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Claiming you've changed for the better while still behaving the same won't really support your case.
From what I've witnessed lately you haven't changed at all and if just for worse.

Not that I'd really care, if I had anything to decide here I'd unban him ASAP since all players in cRPG should have grown a skin thick enough to be able to deal with the childish and retarded behaviour Bjord is a prime example of. Besides that Bjord seemed like a pretty reasonable dude on Ts while I was in Risen with him back in 2011 or so, he just doesn't translate that over to his behaviour ingame.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:12:46 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Well the way I see it, you can be an asshole in game all you want. Seriously even I am an asshole a lot. I honestly do not care if clanmates/friends fuck around, the game is too small to ban people for having fun even if they are tking each other, if they want to waste their time and have fun doing it, be my guest!, but when you start to do it to others that do not want it, and keep doing it, then we have a problem
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
+1
give him run

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Thats this stance that is a bit over the top for me  :wink:  and some admins seem to agree with that.
They have the power, they got to decide, I dont; just throwing my piece here, because I've seen a bunch of dudes getting perma'ed for fuck all.

Why is that over the top? I don't see anything wrong with the belief that if a person is going to continuously break rules after two warnings there's not a chance that they'll ever stop. I'd say that's much more than a reasonable assumption.

Obviously each punishment is different for each admin, and some people get banned for silly reasons but for the most part I think the punishment system here fits fine, it's what "works" for C-RPG, and I'm not trying to say that it should change, just that I believe that this punishment system is far too lax for my own liking.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,