Author Topic: Dev Blog #5 Combat  (Read 69582 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Dev Blog #5 Combat
« Reply #390 on: April 11, 2016, 01:33:39 pm »
+1
it is easy to criticize, but the main point is: your communication towards public sucks big time. you wasted such a huge opportunity for attracting a wider fan base towards mbg while crpg was still popular by locking yourself in the dark resulting in a fucked up KS campaign. now you keep doing it again - i don't see any reason that makes sense behind it except for trying to annoy a few remaining followers that you have left. monthly devblog - 2 to 3 mins videos just showing this guy does this, the other one that, add a few screens, bye, have fun, cu next month. if its half day work a month for 1 guy i'm exaggerating. i think if you'd really value your fans you'd do it. ok ok, the priority is to make the best game... i'm asking for who? well golem, kalp and the other german guy whose name i forget are still listening i guess lol.

People who are crazy about games like DayZ, people who are into medieval games, people who are into competitive PvP games, the list goes on...
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #391 on: April 11, 2016, 01:36:43 pm »
+1
People who are crazy about games like DayZ, people who are into medieval games, people who are into competitive PvP games, the list goes on...

They'd have to know it exists though. I think that was his point.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #392 on: April 11, 2016, 01:37:47 pm »
+6
chadz! Katanas please  :cry:

It could be done with whenever a noob smith fails a crafting roll and a bent piece of crap steel is produced, the thing is named katana and given to the smelly guys in peasant garb(ninjas).

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #393 on: April 11, 2016, 01:47:15 pm »
+4
You will be my first kill in the new game, Paul!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #394 on: April 11, 2016, 02:10:13 pm »
+1
it is easy to criticize, but the main point is: your communication towards public sucks big time. you wasted such a huge opportunity for attracting a wider fan base towards mbg while crpg was still popular by locking yourself in the dark resulting in a fucked up KS campaign. now you keep doing it again - i don't see any reason that makes sense behind it except for trying to annoy a few remaining followers that you have left. monthly devblog - 2 to 3 mins videos just showing this guy does this, the other one that, add a few screens, bye, have fun, cu next month. if its half day work a month for 1 guy i'm exaggerating. i think if you'd really value your fans you'd do it. ok ok, the priority is to make the best game... i'm asking for who? well golem, kalp and the other german guy whose name i forget are still listening i guess lol.

I would even go as far and say that releasing just some random screenshot every week would be better tenfold than what's going on right now.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 11, 2016, 02:14:32 pm »
+1
It could be done with whenever a noob smith fails a crafting roll and a bent piece of crap steel is produced, the thing is named katana and given to the smelly guys in peasant garb(ninjas).

Careful now, the ninja caste is influential in cRPG.
I suggest you find a hiding place for the next few months, assassins have been sent already  :P

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #396 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:40 pm »
+2
You will be my first kill in the new game, Paul!

He'll probably hide behind some other name, just to avoid you.

That said - if they really make Ninja's possible in Battlegrounds they should also add the refund option for all the investors who get to login and see a bunch of smelly peasants running around in black garb(age) spamming their practicing apple slicers like mad. That's not what people invested in. We've had our laugh with you guys, especially in those arena tournaments, it was hilarious, thx for the nice memories and all that but its time for something less......laughable.   :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #397 on: April 11, 2016, 02:54:37 pm »
+1
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #398 on: April 11, 2016, 04:09:53 pm »
People expecting to much when they throw money over the interwebs at a project that hasnt even started yet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:17:51 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #399 on: April 11, 2016, 04:24:17 pm »
+1
Wow you guys have no faith. The Devlogs have been nothing, but amazing - both video quality and content. And now, when something big is about to happen, which takes time and careful preparation, you are already thinking the worst case scenario.

They'd have to know it exists though. I think that was his point.

I don't think that was his point. Nobody knows it exists because there really wasn't any marketing, yet. A rushed kickstarter campaign and that was it. Nobody apart from this community played the Alpha, there was handful of reviews on various sites and they didn't even try to push the game through Steam Greenlight. Still someone must have noticed, since they managed to find an investor, move to Belfast, set up a studio, get interns etc. etc.
This is succes, nothing less.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »
+1
Wow you guys have no faith. The Devlogs have been nothing, but amazing - both video quality and content. And now, when something big is about to happen, which takes time and careful preparation, you are already thinking the worst case scenario.

I don't think that was his point. Nobody knows it exists because there really wasn't any marketing, yet. A rushed kickstarter campaign and that was it. Nobody apart from this community played the Alpha, there was handful of reviews on various sites and they didn't even try to push the game through Steam Greenlight. Still someone must have noticed, since they managed to find an investor, move to Belfast, set up a studio, get interns etc. etc.
This is succes, nothing less.

In one of their vids they said there would be voip, prolly thru Steam. Dunno if its wishfull thinking of them, or that they already have something with Steam going.
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 823
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2016, 05:06:57 pm »
+2

cRPG at its peak of popularity never had big enough community for them to make any money. Much less right now. If they manage to attract larger audience (doesn't have to be WoW/CoD crowd, but at least not niche of a niche crowd), they'll get their money back and earn some. If not...

By the way, developing games for PC isn't lucrative business anymore. Few giants make big money and that's it. Rest are lucky if they end up being crazy popular and amass couple millions of profit. On consoles is even worse, no money for little guys in there. It's just 1st party teams and big publishers making money. On Android/iOS there is still a chance for little guys but that market is like playing Agar.io, hard to advertise your product among thousands similar (have few apps of my own on Google play so I know how it goes for unknown developers). But smart people who developed new ideas or successfully modified already working ideas like Clash of Clans developers or Castle Clash devs who copied and improved on CoC are making hundreds of millions of profit every year! Supercell earned 900+ million dollars of profit out of 2.5+ billion revenue for 2015. That's insane, like something Ubisoft/EA make per year. King (Candy Crush) who were bough by Activision made even more than that...

It's pretty obvious Donkeys are making this game because they love what they are doing. If they were in it for the money, there are way better ways to use their skillset.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2016, 05:17:57 pm »
+1
I agree with the part about their communication with the players, though it is nothing new since months like not years. This problem was mentioned many times in history of this community, yet we don't see significant change.

But dunno why you mention me, it's not like I'm desperately waitng for their game. True that I had great time in this mod (alongside with M&B series) and nice memories cuz it's my only one multiplayer game I take part in (except Wurm Online). If they fail to deliver good and enjoyable title with big enough player base it will be nothing more than bad investment. If not this one there will be many other medieval-slashing games in near future. We will see.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2016, 05:43:42 pm »
+2
By the way, developing games for PC isn't lucrative business anymore. Few giants make big money and that's it.

Darkest Dungeon developers made a shitload of money. But DD is awesome game  :wink:

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2016, 06:11:38 pm »
Kalp: i chose the names with the most posts on recent pages
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!