Author Topic: Dev Blog #5 Combat  (Read 69566 times)

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
Re: Dev Blog #5 Combat
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2016, 10:31:35 am »
Totally dead.

Good to know :D

When will this secret thing you guys are working on be released? Days, weeks, months? December 3010?

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2016, 11:55:21 am »
+2
Good to know :D

When will this secret thing you guys are working on be released? Days, weeks, months? December 3010?

We are talking days.

(click to show/hide)

On a serious note >

We are working really hard to get the game out, that includes basically everything from marketing, mechanics, coding, Worlddesign, Music, Sound etc. PP.

Rest assured we will let u know as soon as there's something new. Emphasizing the word "soon" here. 
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2016, 01:06:50 pm »
+5
"I want to have somewhere set up a shop. some kind of "industry" running. I want to trade with girls. i want to buy them cheap, i want to sell them a lot higher. And i want to make profit from unsuspecting customers." (chadz, 2015)

Can we take a moment to apreciate this quote  :lol:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2016, 05:49:21 pm »
+9
Why is it that you guys keep prommissing things (like biweekly devblogs) and never keep word.
Just for fucksake stop anouncing anything and make it your official policy that "you will hear from us if/when we feel like it".
I don't mind some periods of silence. BUt I hate to hear false prommisses all the time.
If a man does't honour his own words how can he be expected to honour anything?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2016, 06:21:26 pm »
Why is it that you guys keep prommissing things (like biweekly devblogs) and never keep word.
Just for fucksake stop anouncing anything and make it your official policy that "you will hear from us if/when we feel like it".
I don't mind some periods of silence. BUt I hate to hear false prommisses all the time.

True
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline tolonar

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 2
  • Donkey Crew mascot/tea-maker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bear clan
  • IRC nick: tolonar
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2016, 07:32:34 pm »
+1
Afterwards, things should be more regular. What we're working on right now, its worth the wait :)

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2016, 07:34:18 pm »
+3
I don't trust you anymore!  :|

Offline tolonar

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 2
  • Donkey Crew mascot/tea-maker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bear clan
  • IRC nick: tolonar
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »
+1
Its funny no one listened to the 'other things coming your way' part of that devblog comment. Just hold on ^^

Offline Maestro

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »
Its funny no one listened to the 'other things coming your way' part of that devblog comment. Just hold on ^^

We cant wait anymore. Give us some date or some new screenshot like one year ago. your russian developer IO dont remember his name released new screenshots of banners and weapons often.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »
so much tease....  :mad:

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2016, 11:34:07 pm »
+5

Think about it - do you really want us to only say what we can 100% guarantee is and will stay true? Because then we could say nothing. What we say is true at the moment. It may or may not change based on circumstances. (I believe we said "plan to", not "will", and I believe we also said that that there will be gaps)

The question is - do you want us to tell you about what's happening now, or do you want us to streamline our communication so we only announce the things after they happened, because then they will be correct and stay correct.

The thing is, we switch things, we change things, all the time. That is who we are. And we do the devblogs to keep you informed of what's happening as often as possible, because we want to share what we are doing with you because we like doing that. But our priority is, and always was, and always will be, making the best possible game. Everything else comes second. I understand how that can be annoying, but the end result will pay off, I can promise you that.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2016, 11:49:34 pm »
I personally would like to have some kind of notification in a sticky thread:

Next update in approx. 14 days

And if the expectation changes you can edit the post. Doesn't need to be exact in any way, just a broad timeframe so we know when to get excited and when to relax :D

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 25, 2016, 12:01:39 am »
+2
Well, if you say "we try to do devblogs every two weeks from now on" you could come back after three weeks and tell us it's not gonna happen, sry. I understand you completely because it seems pointless and maybe even shameful from your point of view to log on only to say that you can't give us anything despite what you said earlier. Still I think it is better than this silence every time.

Not that I haven't got used to it by now, but since this is brought up again...

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2016, 12:02:15 am »
+4
Wow I guess that came across a litle more serious than intended. But anyway since I have your attention now let me rephrase.
I do like your devblogs and updates the way they are. And I am not asking you to silence yourselve because there might be doubts that a plan goes exactly as intended.

my complain was only addressed towards the scheduling of your devblogs.
I don't recall your exact words from all the post. But it is a known pattern(dec2010) that you guys give out a schedule for your next action and then nothing is heard or seen until weeks after the anticipated date.
I don't expect you donkeys to reach everything acording to schedule and always have a nice presentation at hand.
All I expect from you is either not giving any specification about when we might hear from you again.
or what I would prefer: You simply drop us a short message when the awaited day arrives. Even if it is only a short note that you are aware we are waiting for news but you will not be able to present anything for a week/month/trimester.
this just shows you are alive and have not forgotten your appointed day.

Keep up your work I hope I will see an alpha.exe soon.

PS: chadz if you say you try to do something it stays true even if you fail. So there is no problem at all to let us in into all your ideas no matter how unpredictable the outcome is. So keep us in the loop please.

edit spelling
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:58:36 pm by Utrakil »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2016, 12:48:44 am »
The question is - do you want us to tell you about what's happening now, or do you want us to streamline our communication so we only announce the things after they happened, because then they will be correct and stay correct.

Yes.