Author Topic: Mordhau  (Read 37632 times)

Offline Imperious

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikuku
  • Game nicks: Lacoste
  • IRC nick: DIE
Re: Mordhau
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2019, 05:55:43 pm »
on steam page there is third person option but no video to prof it

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2019, 06:08:37 pm »
Some people have said third person is actually a bit "too good" right now.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2019, 06:13:19 pm »

game looks clunky af
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2019, 06:19:01 pm »

game looks clunky af

Wtf lol, all the other gameplay videos I've seen didn't show it looking this clunky, they really hand picked that footage, awkward, clunky and sluggish looking.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2019, 06:40:29 pm »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:42 pm »
Played about 50 minutes, and... not sure about this game. Might refund. I hate the fucking deaccel meta at first try, where swings take 5000 years and when you do it yourself you're not even looking at your enemy to hit them. But worse than that, the game just feels supremely unresponsive compared to Warband. Sometimes I'm clicking and my swings don't start, it feels "heavy" and weird. Sluggish, compared to Warband which feels crisp.

And might just be my bias for WB, but I don't like having separate buttons you need to press for feinting and thrusts etc. Pretty sure WB never felt as unintuitive.

Also no directional blocking is a pretty big deal(breaker) for me. Might just wait for Bannerlord, I'm sure it's right around the corner.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:14:30 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2019, 04:08:24 am »
I hear its fun from oldie shogunate boys. Going to buy it, even tho i dont expect to enjoy it quite as much, it could do for a distraction.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2019, 04:45:47 am »
Its fun, I have more of a problem with the stab and overhead tied to mousewheel and not mouse movement then the blocking though. Trying to stab and not th with a swing in a crowd is far more difficult than in Warband
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2019, 12:39:50 pm »
Bought it and it is quite fun. Not sure I could see myself sinking strategus like hours into it unless they add some more in depth game modes. Very fun though and I actually don't find the mousewheel stab too cumbersome.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2019, 11:22:19 pm »
+1
Im having fun, granted that i got bored with regular melee after 8 hours, and started doing a brawler boxing build. Shitty, but fun.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishLittleSpaghettiMau5 my highlight as a boxer
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:27:53 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2019, 06:24:27 pm »
Getting a bit bored with it now, tryharding isnt fun imho so im trying to find gimmicky stuff to do. Combat is aight but not being able to hold blocks or attacks make it feel a bit uncontrolled for me.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2019, 08:09:29 pm »
+1
Needs some bigger form of progression to have any staying power. cRPG has the bare minimum with generations and loom points and most of us still play it. It either needs a mode with longer term things (red vs blue faction battle that resets every month/week and theres always ongoing battles. Winning sides get some sort of reward that you can use for something (rare cosmetics for example, maybe unique perks depending on placement, or some shit)) Right now the modes are somewhat boring.

Horde is kind of fun but starting at the shit 20 gold everytime you lose makes it get old REALLY fast. I like it more than DTV because it feels a bit less brain dead in how you play, plus trying to see how many people I can decapitate with one swing is somewhat fun.

Haven't played battle royale but i queued for it once and after 15mins i didnt' get into a match so i gave up.

The frontlines mode doesnt last long enough for you to really do anything in terms of the objective. Usually its just fighting at the center point for about 10mins then the round ends. Reminds me of blackwake where the ygot rid of the really fun fort sieges after you beat the other teams navy because people whined about it, ended up quitting the game shortly after because it was boring AF only doing the shitty boat battles. They should make the matches last longer (~30min) with maybe a 10min "castle siege" where the winner of the first has to invade. Like in Chivalry with the king battles where after a bit the defenders have to hole up in their castle and only get 1 life and have to survive an amount of time.

Skirmish is just NA1, no real changes necessary.

I'd also say add in like 5 new maps and a shit load more weapons to unlock. Also, light armor shouldn't have a point cost and neither should daggers and cleavers. Should be free and not waste your 15 points on custom characters.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:04 pm »
Worst parts of the game so far is that gold/exp gain disappears sometimes so you'll go hours without any rewards.

Also a glaring design issue is that the blood makes everyone look red so people will just fuck you up at random if you are blue but at low health because they think you are red due to the blood covering you. I turned off blood and gore to not have the issue, but others still have it on and kill me often enough.

Cavalry is really annoying and boring, just really hard to deal with unless you have a very long weapon or a bow.

Slow, hard hitting weapons are by far the best (Executioners sword) it beats all armor types, and dragging out the attacks makes it just slow enough to bait out early blocks and then hit just as it ends.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2019, 10:35:03 pm »
I'm having fun with it but a big reason for that is that there's no other game out there to play. The combat system looks and feels good when you fight a normal person, but the best players make the timed parry thing really stupid because of what it encourages. No held blocks/attacks is really gay. Also no sweetspots or anything, takes away a lot of skill from footwork. And I keep trying to spam people when I'm in their face and they thrust me with their 2000 meter weapon.

Still feels sluggish and not as "in control" as Warband though. There are these weird lock-out times where you can't do ANYTHING and there's no feedback for them.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2019, 12:11:05 am »
the game really felt like a bit less responsive Chivalry to me. pretty good for a lark trying to relive Chivalry:Source days, but all the 64 man frontline servers had like 2 seconds latency so i didn't get to do anything with that. i do not regret the 30 shekels i spent but i do highly regret nobody in NA1 in part due to this game

also very amusing getting at least one message "Sandy from cRPG??" in chat when i join a server. get in NA1 you jackasses!

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?