Author Topic: No Germans Allowed  (Read 15154 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: No Germans Allowed
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2015, 05:57:25 pm »
Yeah, wouldn't want to look at a site that's collected all the information in one place. Especially since they have no referenced sources or anything... no... wait...

Notes:

An examination of the effects of concealed weapons laws and assault weapons bans on state-level murder rates, Applied Economics Letters, Vol 21, No. 4 ↩
Florida Department of Justice, 1998 ↩
Shall issue: the new wave of concealed handgun permit laws, Cramer C and Kopel D. Golden CO: Independence Institute Issue Paper. October 17, 1994 ↩
Some criminologist believe measuring first year change is shortsighted as it takes more than a year for permits to be issued, reach critical quantities, and for the criminally minded to recognize the new situation and avoid violent confrontations. ↩
Bureau of Justice Statistics, online database, reviewing Texas and U.S. violent crime from 1995-2001. ↩
Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handguns, Lott, John R., and Mustard, David B. J. of Legal Studies, vol.26, n.1, pp.1-68 (Jan. 1997): This study involved county level crime statistics from all 3,054 counties in the U.S., from 1977 through 1992. During this time ten states adopted right-to-carry laws. It is estimated that if all states had adopted right-to-carry laws, in 1992 the US would have avoided 1,400 murders, 4,200 rapes, 12,000 robberies, 60,000 aggravated assaults – and saved over $5,000,000,000 in victim expenses. ↩
FBI, Uniform Crime Reports, 2004 – excludes Hawaii and Rhode Island – small populations and geographic isolation create other determinants to violent crime. ↩
Federal legislation created a national “gun-free schools” policy, effective in 1996.  Some criminologists maintain this created a new dynamic, encouraging mass murder on campus. Thus, after 1995 it is increasingly difficult to make comparisons based on the effects of CCWs and mass shootings. ↩
Multiple Victim Public Shootings, Bombings, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws: Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement, John Lott and William Landes, Law School of the University of Chicago, Law & Economics Working Paper No. 73 ↩
Law Enforcement Officers Killed by Concealed Handgun Permit Holders, VPC, December 13, 2009 ↩
Reports were as received. No selection or filtering process was used. ↩
Violent crime rates are from inception of “shall issue” CCW through 2006, the most recent period available through the Bureau of Justice Statistics online database. ↩
October 1987 through Jan 2008 ↩
1995 – no follow-up data available at time of collection ↩
1994 through 2007 ↩
1995 through 2004 ↩
2002 through 2006 ↩
In 2005 and 2006, Minnesota had an abnormal spike in robbery and aggravated assaults. The first three years of CCW in Minnesota saw violent crime rates being roughly stable and the problem has somewhat abated since then. ↩
2001 through 2007 ↩
Texas Department of Public Safety and the U.S. Census Bureau, reported in San Antonio Express-News, September, 2000 ↩
An Analysis of the Arrest Rate of Texas Concealed Carry Handgun License Holders as Compared to the Arrest Rate of the Entire Texas Population, William E. Sturdevant, PE, September 11, 1999 ↩
Nina Butts, Texans Against Gun Violence, Dallas Morning News, August 10, 2000 ↩
John Holmes, Harris County [Houston, TX] District Attorney, In Session: Handgun Law’s First Year Belies Fears of ‘Blood in the Streets,” Texas Lawyer, December 9, 1996 ↩
Concealed Weapons/Firearms License Statistical Report, Florida Department of State, 1998 – Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, December 1998 ↩
Gun Crimes Drop at Virginia Bars And Restaurants, Richmond Times-Dispatch, August 14, 2011, reporting data from the Virginia State Police ↩
Basis For Revocation Or Suspension Of Texas Concealed, Texas Department of Public Safety, December 1, 1998 ↩
Texas Department of Corrections data, 1996-2000, compiled by the Texas State Rifle Association, www.tsra.com
These are year 2000 records. As of 2014, the number of Texas concealed carry license holders was 825,957. ↩
An Analysis Of The Arrest Rate Of Texas Concealed Handgun License Holders As Compared To The Arrest Rate Of The Entire Texas Population, William E. Sturdevant, PE, September 11, 1999 ↩
Glenn White, President of the Dallas Police Association, Dallas Morning News, December 23, 1997 ↩
Colonel James Wilson, Director Texas Department of Public Safety, Dallas Morning News, June 11, 1996 ↩
Multiple Victim Public Shootings, Bombings, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws: Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement,  Lott John R., Landes William M.; University of Chicago — Covers years 1977 to 1995 ↩
Gun Policy & Law Enforcement, PoliceOne, arch 2013 ↩
Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun, by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz, in The Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology, Northwestern University School of Law, Volume 86, Number 1, Fall, 1995 ↩
Criminal Victimization in the United States, U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1993 ↩
Kleck and Gertz, National Self Defense Survey, 1995 ↩
Majority Say More Concealed Weapons Would Make U.S. Safer, Gallup Poll, October, 2015 ↩
Gun Policy & Law Enforcement, PoliceOne, arch 2013 ↩
National Association of Chiefs of Police, 17th Annual National Survey of Police Chiefs & Sheriffs, 2005 ↩
Glenn White, president, Dallas Police Association, Dallas Morning News, December 23, 1997 ↩
John B. Holmes, Harris County Texas district attorney, Dallas Morning News, December 23, 1997 ↩
Jerry Kilgore, Virginia Public Safety Secretary, Fredricksburg Freelance Star, February 2, 1996 ↩
Chief Dennis Nowicki, Charlotte-Mecklenburg North Carolina Police, News and Observer, November 24, 1997 ↩
Lt. William Burgess of the Calhoun County (Michigan) Sheriff Department, Battle Creek Enquirer, January 28, 2005 ↩
Detroit Police Chief James Craig, Detroit police chief: Legal gun owners can deter crime, The Detroit News, January 3, 2014 ↩

And let's ignore the second link that discusses a study done on the subject. Yeah, good plan, let's focus on the ostensibly easier target of the first link because who would want to get gun facts from a site that deals with facts about guns? Ridiculous, I know. I get all my gun facts from Toys R Us, they have the best gun facts.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2015, 07:01:59 pm »
What perfect place to learn about the benefits of communism over everything else, that the North Korean website. Im pretty sure they could have quite solid refered sources to back it up, if they felt they needed them.

I actually looked up a particular source in it about a poll where the police officers were questioned about it. Because I figured who to best ask about gunlaws than the guys who are getting shot because of it. The overall conclusion was that absolutely nothing will help anything. Kinda depressing tbh.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2015, 07:10:17 pm »
If you don't realize the difference between political parties and referenced facts about guns, you're beyond help.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:03 pm »
What made you think I claimed they were the same? It was just an example. Diehard supporters of basically whatever can also claim whatever they like. And with the right tone you can just about make everything sound logical and factdriven. Even the hollow earth conspiracy. That was my point. Nothing really political party related. Im pretty sure you realised that yourself, but took the shot to discredit anyway, if you didnt you are beond help.

For example, the poll I talked about. Didnt really state where were these police officers stationed. The boring villagetowns next to Canada or the fucking Detroit? The difference is massive as hell.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:53:30 pm by Tibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2015, 08:20:50 pm »
What made you think I claimed they were the same? It was just an example. Diehard supporters of basically whatever can also claim whatever they like. And with the right tone you can just about make everything sound logical and factdriven. Even the hollow earth conspiracy. That was my point. Nothing really political party related. Im pretty sure you realised that yourself, but took the shot to discredit anyway, if you didnt you are beond help.

For example, the poll I talked about. Didnt really state where were these police officers stationed. The boring villagetowns next to Canada or the fucking Detroit? The difference is massive as hell.
Because the example is retarded seeing as they have nothing in common?

You're reaching with your crap about the poll. "Oh yeah, it says 91% of the 15000 cops asked say X, but it doesn't tell me all the data about the cops, like their place of birth!!!!!!!!!" Getting desperate? And if you weren't retarded, you could easily google it and find out the info you need....
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »
+1
I think I gave the reason why that fact is important well enough. Wasnt even desperation. Just common sense. And calm down son. You are typing so fast your exclamation mark got stuck.

Well, you reached your max of 2(or 3)posts, didnt really count, to convince me. Seeing as you continue to be an arrogant cunt once more towards the poster itself instead of the post, I think we should once again be done for a while. You cant really say im a shit loser who just out of desperation spews bullshit(sometimes rarely, mostly not), cause I have legit admitted when im wrong or when another poster has convinced me. When have you ever in all these years claimed that you have been in the wrong? Cant even bring up 1 case in those 10k amount worth of posts? Oh how sad. Whose the shit loser now? Who are you even trying to convince Xant?  :D We all know your shit, we arent new to this forum anymore.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2015, 08:36:37 pm »
Does anyone have any data on the benefits of civilian-owned guns? I am genuinely curious, I just rarely seem to read headlines like "Upstanding CCW citizens kill terrorists". Even smaller scale like robbery or home-invasion, is there any data on armed victims affecting the outcome in a positive way?

thats because the media is very much liberal controlled here, for instance how news of cops shooting lil dindu nuffins go national, while no one reports the black on black violence

dont trust any of the america news media, not even so called "entertainment" media as that is nothing but left wing brainwashing, just look at the acts on comedy central

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2015, 08:38:21 pm »
I think I gave the reason why that fact is important well enough. Wasnt even desperation. Just common sense. And calm down son. You are typing so fast your exclamation mark got stuck.

Well, you reached your max of 2(or 3)posts, didnt really count, to convince me. Seeing as you continue to be an arrogant cunt once more towards the poster itself instead of the post, I think we should once again be done for a while. You cant really say im a shit loser who just out of desperation spews bullshit(sometimes rarely, mostly not), cause I have legit admitted when im wrong or when another poster has convinced me. When have you ever in all these years claimed that you have been in the wrong? Cant even bring up 1 case in those 10k amount worth of posts? Oh how sad. Whose the shit loser now? Who are you even trying to convince Xant?  :D We all know your shit, we arent new to this forum anymore.

Yeah, gee, I wonder why I'm attacking you when you're trying to ridicule the sources instead of addressing the points -- that's called poisoning-the-well, by the way. But I'm so sorry for not remaining polite in spite of your underhanded and childish tactics... no, wait, I'm not. Don't want to be treated like you're a cunt, don't act like one.

You're trying again with "I've admitted in the past I'm wrong" defense. It made no sense before, it makes no sense now. There exists a person to whom I've admitted to being wrong; therefore everything I say the rest of the time is true and just and right, and I'd readily admit if I was wrong, see, because I've done it before. I bet you're very convinced now, since I used your own argument against you.

For the record, here's some more detail about the survey you were too fucking dumb to find out for yourself:

PoliceOne’s Gun Policy & Law Enforcement survey was conducted between March 4 and
March 13, 2013. More than 15,000 officers completed the survey, which was promoted
by PoliceOne exclusively to its 400,000 registered members, comprised of verified law
enforcement professionals. Only current, former or retired law enforcement personnel
were eligible to participate in the survey. The survey sample size was broadly distributed
by geography and rank in proportion to the U.S. law enforcement community at
large. Respondents comprised a variety of ranks from departments of all sizes, with the
majority representing departments of greater than 500 officers. Of those that took the
survey, 80 percent were current law enforcement officers and 20 percent were
former/retired law enforcement.

But of course it's easier for dumbasses to make up reasons why something "might" not be legitimate than to actually look into it themselves.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »
+1
More like there exists bunch of people and an undeniable fact that I can admit that im wrong.

Arguing with you isnt really even a proper argumentation anymore. You lose your shit so easly and just start shitting on the poster rather than what he/she has to say. Starting an argument with you is technically a "pls roast me" request, not a request for debate. Nobody even expects you to say anything convincing anymore. We just expect you to throw shit.

But of course it's easier for dumbasses to make up reasons why something "might" not be legitimate than to actually look into it themselves.

Now theres something remotely convincing. But I read that myself. It was at the end of the pdf. Didnt really convince me.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2015, 08:53:38 pm »
More like there exists bunch of people and an undeniable fact that I can admit that im wrong.
So there's undeniable proof you're wrong a lot. This makes you more credible how?

Arguing with you isnt really even a proper argumentation anymore. You lose your shit so easly and just start shitting on the poster rather than what he/she has to say.
Only when the other party acts retarded first.

Starting an argument with you is technically "pls roast me" request, not a request for dialog. Nobody even expects you to say anything convincing anymore. We just expect you to throw shit.
I wasn't aware you were elected the spokesperson of everyone on the cRPG forums. Or was there a survey that I'm unaware of? I sure hope the survey states where the cRPG forum dwellers are stationed. The boring villagetowns next to Canada or the fucking Detroit? The difference is massive as hell.

Now theres something remotely convincing. But I read that myself. It was at the end of the pdf. Didnt really convince me.
lmao
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »
So there's undeniable proof you're wrong a lot. This makes you more credible how?

Theres also proof that you are unable to comprehend the fact that you are wrong. That you are someone who considers himself to be never wrong. Whats the point in arguing with a person like you any further? I'm not even gonna read your post any further than the quoted area. Cause whats the point really?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2015, 09:03:40 pm »
+1
Theres also proof that you are unable to comprehend the fact that you are wrong.
Wow! There's like, real life proof of that? Well, I'll be. Surely, then, you won't have any difficulties procuring said proof? I await with bated breath.

That you are someone who considers himself to be never wrong.
Nope, I'm just smart enough not to run my mouth about things I know nothing about, or if I do, I use the magic words: "I think", "I guess", "IMO."

Whats the point in arguing with a person like you any further?
You tell me, you're doing it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2015, 09:06:44 pm »
Nope, I'm just smart enough not to run my mouth about things I know nothing about, or if I do, I use the magic words: "I think", "I guess", "IMO."

And yet your posts are in just about every subject in this forum. Are you trying to tell me you know everything? Are you an american? Or a guncollector? If not than how can you know so much about this current subject? Like almost everything.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2015, 09:11:18 pm »
And yet your posts are in just about every subject in this forum. Are you trying to tell me you know everything? Are you an american? Or a guncollector? If not than how can you know so much about this current subject? Like almost everything.
Yep, one of the boons of my great intelligence is that I know a lot of things.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2015, 09:16:18 pm »
Well fuck. You could have told me from the start you were God(or an android). I would have been more humble.