4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28079 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2015, 08:45:42 pm »
+3
Yes. Knives can be utilized in many ways. 

Can a bow and a few arrows do anything other than kill or threaten to kill?

Yes. They can be used recreationally: target shooting and hunting.

Can a gun and a few rounds do anything other than kill or threaten to kill?

Yes. They can be used recreationally: target shooting and hunting.
Technically, hunting is killing. Just saying... :)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »
So now your argument against guns is that it's not as easy to run away from them?

Knives are, in fact, more dangerous point blank than guns. Ban knives.

LOL! I know you're trolling!

Pistols m8, what about the pistols! I'd be more scared of someone pulling a pistol on me, then a knife.

Also, what about hand axes?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »
+1
LOL! I know you're trolling!

Pistols m8, what about the pistols! I'd be more scared of someone pulling a pistol on me, then a knife.

Also, what about hand axes?
Your irrational feelings of fear are irrelevant when it comes to a discussion about whether guns should be banned or not.

Or: I'm more scared of flowers than guns. Ban flowers, because I feel that way!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »
Answer the question Xant,

WHAT ABOUT HAND AXES? More dangerous or less at close range than knives?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2015, 08:51:26 pm »
Less.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zeltino

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 06, 2015, 08:54:21 pm »
"Blam, Blam I'm cool?"  Are you ridiculing defending your life?  Are you seriously saying that?  I already elucidated for you how the weapon is handled.  How did you assume it is under the pillow?  That would be uncomfortable I imagine.  You are constructing straw men with your first scenario.  You are assuming that the risk of accidental discharge is high with your first scenario.  It is not.
Heskey is not talking about 'accidental discharge', hes talking about how easy it is for kids to gain access to guns that arent stored in a save place.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 06, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »
+1
Less.

I disagree, clearly you misspelled more. Better block with hand axe.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 06, 2015, 08:57:57 pm »
Heskey is not talking about 'accidental discharge', hes talking about how easy it is for kids to gain access to guns that arent stored in a save place.
And why is it worse for a kid to shoot another kid to death than it is for them to stab another kid to death?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:47 pm »
+3
Knives are, in fact, more dangerous point blank than guns. Ban knives.

A knife is a valuable everyday tool. A gun is more of an everyday leisure item and an item that provides fake sense of security.

The general problem with the "criminals get guns anyway, let regular people have guns too" argument is the same as it is with nations and nukes. "My neighbour has a nuke and he's kinda wierd and threatening, I want a nuke too...for defence". Eventually everybody gets a nuke and the chance that a nuke gets into a hands of a psychopath(s) is so much higher and we all end up dying. Its not even about to who you give them to. Its about how much is in circulation. The more is in circulation the more possible it is for idiots to get it with zero effort. That in mind, I dont think a gunban is gonna help the US. They have too much in circulation and their gunculture is quite rooted. Weekly massacres is just something they inevitably have to start getting used to(if they havent already) and its everybody elses job to just learn from this.

One can yes, also claim that a car and a knife is also a murderweapon in the hands of the mad. But those items are useful as fuck for everything nonviolent. Wtf is a gun good for like 95% of the population in the civilized Western world, who dont hunt? Crushing nuts? Opening bottles? Scaring the neibhourhood kids writing graffity? And even to those 5% probably the 2% actually legimately have the need to use it. If your gun is safely tuckered in your safe, like majority of gunnuts claim they are, to keep safe from kids etc etc etc, how the hell do you protect your family with that? Its not like massmurderers call in advance(most of them dont). By the time you even reach your safe, if you even get the option to do that, someone in your family probably already died.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:11:03 pm by Tibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2015, 09:12:08 pm »
A knife is a valuable everyday tool. A gun is more of an everyday leisure item and an item that provides fake sense of security.
Fake how?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2015, 09:17:02 pm »
I edited my post. If that incredibly slim chance does arrive where you do legimately need to defend yourself or your family with a firearm, you probably dont have it in handy anyway. It seems idiotic to arm entire populations for those slim chances. It seems to do more harm that good. Guns dont create crime, but they sure as hell enchance already present crime and pump up the body count. Besides europeans dont shoot. They stab eachother like gents. And theres no innocent bystanders in stabbings and massacres where stabbingweapons are used(yes, those are a thing) almost never go beond the bodycount of 3.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:20:51 pm by Tibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2015, 09:25:33 pm »
Why wouldn't you have it handy? It isn't a magic item that grants magic powers. If you want to have it handy, you make sure it is handy.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2015, 10:01:02 pm »

One can yes, also claim that a car and a knife is also a murderweapon in the hands of the mad. But those items are useful as fuck for everything nonviolent. Wtf is a gun good for like 95% of the population in the civilized Western world, who dont hunt? Crushing nuts? Opening bottles? Scaring the neibhourhood kids writing graffity? And even to those 5% probably the 2% actually legimately have the need to use it. If your gun is safely tuckered in your safe, like majority of gunnuts claim they are, to keep safe from kids etc etc etc, how the hell do you protect your family with that? Its not like massmurderers call in advance(most of them dont). By the time you even reach your safe, if you even get the option to do that, someone in your family probably already died.

I edited my post. If that incredibly slim chance does arrive where you do legimately need to defend yourself or your family with a firearm, you probably dont have it in handy anyway. It seems idiotic to arm entire populations for those slim chances.

confirmed for not knowing anything about self defense or gun ownership. please, can you and heskey come back when you guys actually understand the things youre spewing bullshit about
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2015, 10:14:38 pm »
B-b-but this stuff isnt supposed to happen! Guns are gone everyone is supposed to be safe now!!?!?!!!

http://www.mining.com/fifty-killed-in-a-knife-attack-at-a-chinese-colliery/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2015, 10:17:02 pm »
+2
Jesus fucking christ guys.

Don't you see what a fucked up society with such easy access to guns is? You have trigger-happy people everywhere, because everyone MIGHT carry a gun! Police shoot people on the slightest fear that they might have been reaching for something or not even that. There's this constant FEAR of getting killed or shot, making a lot of people want to own one which they are most likely to kill themselves/family with than protect themselves with anyway.

If you love guns, there are ways in which your passion can be fulfilled, even with heavy regulation. Most countries allow gun collection and collectors of all kinds of guns, but you better be sure you have a good reason and a doctors paper before you are allowed to have one. So that's no argument.

And the insanity of letting people walk around on the street carrying guns?? Having one in your car?? Why the fuck do you want that? People are PEOPLE. Biological machines that can go wrong at any moment.

If carry is disallowed, there's a much smaller chance criminals will walk around with them too, out of fear being caught carrying a gun. There's also much less need for them to carry one, as well as non-legal guns will gradually increase in price as the supply diminishes.

Other countries have done this folks. There you walk around without a thought of being shot. Ever.

I live in a poverty stricken city in Poland, and the only protection I have is my wooden katana :) Other people might have a baseball-bat. I know intruders will not walk in with fucking guns.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.