4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28073 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2015, 02:05:15 am »
^
Love starting threads like these. Wish i had started Meanwhile in Ukraine and the Názi thread about Refugees too. Cuz i got the powers 2 lock it anytime. Ayy lmao

ass

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2015, 02:26:03 am »
Love starting threads like these. Wish i had started Meanwhile in Ukraine and the Názi thread about Refugees too. Cuz i got the powers 2 lock it anytime. Ayy lmao

Lock it in the heat of discussion and piss everyone off
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2015, 02:46:31 am »
(click to show/hide)

Okay.

Btw Sir Hans, the 2011 Utoya attack and the 2011 Liège attack conveniently happened in that minuscule 2009-2013 time period. Do the averages on longer periods and the picture changes quite quickly.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2015, 02:47:51 am »

Going back to my point way back on page 5 its the media ya num nutz.

I dunno if this link will work but heres another one: http://2static.fjcdn.com/movies/Yet+another+shooting+need+to+post+this_a5ef8a_5702285.mp4 on a shooting in germany
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2015, 03:10:40 am »
Lock it in the heat of discussion and piss everyone off

Needs to get a couple of more pages. But it's quiet now cuz most Europeans are asleep now or drunk so won't be much action now from them.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2015, 04:08:27 am »
Yes per capita, if were talking about how many times something happens in a country whether  its heart attacks, the amount of times a citizens poops into a toilet in a single day or rampage shootings were going to have more of them because we simply have more people.

it doesn't mean population is the only factor to look at though, we definitely have our fair share.
And yes gun availability does play a part, but it's not the solution that will fix the problem.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:29:54 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2015, 10:40:31 am »
lol at "media supporting secret agenda" while the NRA stated minutes after the shooting "wouldn't have happened if pupils and teacher were armed". Fair enough, their agenda isn't secret, not even the fact of simply buying off politicians... :rolleyes:

And the capita-statistic :lol:
Glorious! There is a saying "Never believe a statistic you haven't faked yourself."
"Let's use the years 2009-2013. That's gonna show exactly what we wanna transmit! Going back too far is dangerous - it might actually reflect a proper tendency!"
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2015, 12:18:06 pm »
+1
I really don't understand why so many pro-gun posters think owning guns is so important and such a great fucking idea. Every argument I see is pretty much bordering on the insane.

I wouldn't love to live in a society where everyone have guns. People are crazy everywhere! And having a gun accessible just makes it way too easy to do something drastic in a moment of emotional imbalance/insanity.

The 2nd amendment argument is hilarious as well, we are talking about a law drafted in a vastly different time, with vastly different and inefficient guns. And Grytviken blaming rap music and liberals????? :D lol.  Duh what about right wing gun culture?

posted it before, but if you haven't seen it, watch it. Lot's of good points, and it's actually funny: (And this guy was actually assaulted in his own home)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:28:07 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2015, 12:55:17 pm »
Anyway, now EU has found the best solution, we send all our crazy beta male to Syria where they can go on mass killing happily.  :lol:
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1603
  • Infamy: 850
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2015, 02:30:19 pm »

Smaller arsenal than on picture AntiBlitz posted.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2015, 03:49:01 pm »
Look, it's simple game theory. There will always be guns in circulation, no matter what the law says.

Armed with a gun (G), armed with a knife (K), unarmed (U).

G=G>K>U
U=U<K<G

Therefore, logic dictates one should always be in favor of the law that allows one to carry a gun oneself.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2015, 05:11:21 pm »
Insert usual rural vs urban perception of guns. I should just recycle old posts.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »
+3
The biggest nonsense is to turn any discussion about this sort of tragedy into a general "pro gun" or "anti gun" argument (with the very foreseeable outcome of everyone being reinforced in their limited view of the world).

I have lived in a country, where every lengthy knife or xbow poses a problem (Germany), every legal firearm is required to be kept in a security safe/box,  and most sheeplings willingly accept that nobody except police, military and criminals is supposed to have guns. And I still knew enough people there who had access to guns - legally or otherwise.

I have worked in a country (Switzerland) where almost everyone has access to military-grade weapons in their homes - and nothing much ever happens.

I currently live in a country (Paraguay) where the law allows basically everyone to own a gun, and where a lot of people even carry guns outside their property or have them in their cars, because the police usually looks away - and while ofc the occasional shooting happens, there is not much to worry about and I have never heard about a teenager running amok with a gun here - (while they would have plenty of reason).

Putting reasonable gun ownership restrictions in place is one thing and should be discussed with a cool head - not linked to some tragedy that is exploited for the obvious agenda to disarm the people.

Thinking about the real reasons behind that level of hate in a young person, the disrespect for their own and other lives, the frustration, the lack of perspective etc.etc.  might be less convenient than shouting "ban the gunz" (because it might involve questioning our current lifestyle/society/values/education/economy/...), but it might actually lead to something.

Just removing guns from the game won't help shit.

P.S.: oh, and I'm a Iota Male. The type you don't find in the psych books. Stands for independant. Fuck the wrongly interpreted wolf analogies.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »
+2
The focus needs to be on the cause of these mental health problems which result in people going postal, not on treating individuals who have mental health issues.

This is very true.
Since industrialization, depression, anxiety, suicide rates, etc. have skyrocketed.
People in the US tend to work longer hours with less vacation and poor healthcare than most other developed nations.
Accounting for this, culture, and the number of firearms we have here, it's a volatile situation.

That said, all firearms should be registered at the point of sale.
That's one gun control law I'm totally fine with.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2015, 05:46:13 pm »
+1
Weapons should be treated like vehicles.

Now that that's out of the way, I can address the real issue: people with homicidal tendencies that are not detected early. This concerns mental health and society. Detecting people who are at risk is a cultural issue, one that's similar to suicide and suicide intervention. This isn't Minority Report, and it's not a dystopian security state.

Mass murders are not unique to the modern world- just that modern communication and records keeping make a huge difference on the perception of incidents of mass murder. The (developed) world is a place with fewer bars to survival, so it allows us to focus on problems that are less pressing than an imminent famine. The perception of (there are still plenty of people out there who think depression is something 'weak' people choose to do) depression, anxiety, and other issues has increased. 

We can't stop incidents like this from happening, but you can get better at dealing with it when it happens, kind of like earthquake response.