4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28069 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2015, 11:15:05 pm »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2015, 11:26:07 pm »
+1
Why do we need stricter gun control? Cuz it's a joke atm. I've got two unregistered firearms rotting in my basement because after my grandpa/uncle passed away not a single person came asking "and who owns these weapons now?" If I were some gang banger, that'd be two more weapons on the street that no one is looking for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2015, 11:33:05 pm »
+3
The 4chan beta male thing is too good to be true. Let us all bask in this glorious speech from BuzzCutPsyho:

Its good to see most of the Americans here in nationalistic denial and blaming "kids these days" and "we're not doing enough for the mentally ill". My favorite was the poverty one, seeing as most of these school shooters come from middle class and higher backgrounds.

In defense of some of these, isn't it true that you also don't do enough for the mentally ill?

The bottom line, that most of you won't understand until you actually have kids, is that a parent shouldn't have to worry about their child attending a public school or college and getting shot to death.

My belief on the matter is that when a child is born, most of the brainpower of the parents is somehow transmitted to the kid and the parents become that much dumber. How else do you explain intelligent young adults who love freedom becoming literal nazis overnight?

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2015, 11:34:47 pm »
+1
The 4chan beta male thing is too good to be true. Let us all bask in this glorious speech from BuzzCutPsyho:

In defense of some of these, isn't it true that you also don't do enough for the mentally ill?

My belief on the matter is that when a child is born, most of the brainpower of the parents is somehow transmitted to the kid and the parents become that much dumber. How else do you explain intelligent young adults who love freedom becoming literal nazis overnight?

lol The Enclave.  Also buzzcutpsycho is a rich trust fund baby who never worked a day in his life. Also there's nothing more beta then running off to world of warcraft once you get your shit pushed in.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:56:11 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2015, 11:45:25 pm »
BCP in this thread? well brings back memories.

Made a character on Mattherson back in the day and I got into a unit where he was talking.

200% douche

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2015, 11:48:19 pm »
Why do we need stricter gun control? Cuz it's a joke atm. I've got two unregistered firearms rotting in my basement because after my grandpa/uncle passed away not a single person came asking "and who owns these weapons now?" If I were some gang banger, that'd be two more weapons on the street that no one is looking for.

i'd take them off your hands for you, because you clearly dont appreciate them
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2015, 11:51:11 pm »
+2
Your pro-gun lobby likes to believe that America somehow has more social stigma associated with mental illness than other countries, something which may be true but is in no way clear in any form of empirical evidence. What America does have is higher gun ownership levels and higher firearm related homicides / suicides than anywhere else in the developed world. Correlation may not mean causation, but removing lethal weapons from a civilian / peaceful environment will undoubtedly reduce homicide rates.

Firearm Homicides per 1mil. pop.
(click to show/hide)

All the mass shootings since Sandy Hook (last major discussion thread on here was started around thne IIRC.)
(click to show/hide)

Although banning gun ownership is not the only answer to this problem continuing to allow access to lethal weapons is not going to help either; better mental health care as well as tighter gun regulations are both needed if the states wants to see a real decline in firearm related violence in the future.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2015, 11:57:31 pm »
BCP in this thread? well brings back memories.

Made a character on Mattherson back in the day and I got into a unit where he was talking.

200% douche

He's in this category of things I prefer to watch in video rather than witness myself. Together with playing Five Nights are Freddy's and knees bending the wrong way.

In the past I've played with RobinHuijbregts1, some sort of BCP-lite in many regards. It's important not to take guys like that too seriously.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2015, 12:25:38 am »
Let's stay on topic and talk about mass shootings. Since this is what the threads title involves, this is what Obama referred to, and this is what has reinvigorated the gun control debate yet again.

USA doesn't even have close to the most deaths by shooting rampages per capita (IN DEVELOPED NATIONS) If you took into account all nations of the world, USA would probably fall off of the top 10 in this statistic.
All nations in the top 5 "fatalities by shooting rampages per capita" have stricter gun control laws than the US. All of them.

Focusing on gun control laws to solve mass killings is similar to what our healthcare system often does... Focusing on treating the symptoms rather than actually healing or preventing the source which caused symptoms in the first place. The truth is, removing all guns, legal or illegal, from the equation (something virtually impossible to do), would not solve our problems of mass killings it probably wouldn't even put a dent in it.

PS:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:10:50 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2015, 12:33:50 am »
Correlation may not mean causation, but removing lethal weapons from a civilian / peaceful environment will undoubtedly reduce homicide rates.
No doubt it would reduce homicide rates, but by how much? By disarming law-abiding citizens you take away their ability to defend themselves from these mass shooters. There are so many firearms in circulation it's more or less too late for the U.S.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2015, 01:05:46 am »
(click to show/hide)
This was worth reading, I never tought they were so many guns homicide in Switzerland. Before seing this graph, I was thinking that guns homicide in US was the result of a mix between violent culture, poverty and laxist gun laws.

But here you have the proof that:
1: treating health problem will not be enough as in Switzerland, you can get treated by therapist for free without trouble
2: violent culture is not the only cause as we have been involved in no wars since ages, we are often quoted as the happiest population and the climate here is far from beeing violent.
3:Poverty and inequality is not the major cause either, we are one of the richest country per capita and we have a lot of social benefits for the poorer.

So the only explanation here for so many homicide by guns, is the fact that we are ranked 4th in the number of guns per capita.

The explaination often advanced is that when you get a killing impulsion and have no guns at disposal, often by the time you go by one, you have cooled down. While if you have a gun at disposal, you can liberate your impusle directly by killing yourself or going on rampage.
Also all of the countries which are in the top 5 of rampage shooting fatalities per capita have much more restrictive gun laws than the U.S.

But of course, stricter gun laws will solve all our problems and is the only issue we should be focusing on. Because people don't kill other people, guns kill people. mmmmmhmmmmmm.

(click to show/hide)
No they have not more restrictive gun laws, all of them are countries with great landscape and wildlife (so lots of hunting guns). Gunlaws in switzerland are very lax and I assume it's the same for nothern countries. Sweden and norway are ranked 9th and 10th in gun per capita, not a bad score, israel and slovakia are more or less at war...

No Comments on this anyone?
Maybe it's due to the gang shooting, that people got used to and don't care cause it's only blacks shooting blacks so it doesnt make the news.
Liberals have a point, gun laws need to be strengthened to cater to the failing youth generation that was raised on rap music, drug culture and self gratification, ALL liberal ideas.
Also worth reading, never knew gangsta rap was invented by "liberals". Should we ban music?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:15:47 am by ecorcheur_brokar »
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2015, 01:12:31 am »
No doubt it would reduce homicide rates, but by how much? By disarming law-abiding citizens you take away their ability to defend themselves from these mass shooters. There are so many firearms in circulation it's more or less too late for the U.S.
If possessing weapons becomes a crime, you better hand out your guns. But surely, it will take time before US becomes safer. And the argument if everyone had a gun everything would be alright is just bs

edit: wow this image is bigger than I tought, And I am not a subscriber of being liberal just saw it on a friend's wall
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2015, 01:14:10 am »
treating health problem will not be enough as in Switzerland, you can get treated by therapist for free without trouble

Correct, treating mental health problems for an individual does very little. In most circumstances this would involve a therapist talking to an individual for a few hours and then writing a prescription for anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, and anti-anxiety pills.

The focus needs to be on the cause of these mental health problems which result in people going postal, not on treating individuals who have mental health issues.

And, god damn people... can we stop with the stupid memes that add nothing to the point or arugment you are trying to debate.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2015, 01:16:43 am »
If possessing weapons becomes a crime, you better hand out your guns. But surely, it will take time before US becomes safer. And the argument if everyone had a gun everything would be alright is just bs
It isn't about everything being alright if everyone has a gun, but knowing how many guns there are in circulation and how many fucked up people there are, and the amount of mass shootings in the US, I sure would want to go everywhere armed myself.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2015, 01:43:15 am »
+1
Love starting threads like these. Wish i had started Meanwhile in Ukraine and the Názi thread about Refugees too. Cuz i got the powers 2 lock it anytime. Ayy lmao