4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28022 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 07:28:08 pm »
so what is the proposition? Take away all the cars because of the 1%? that is the typical opinion when these threads pop up.  Oh, so you dont want to do that, you just want them that much more regulated, and what is the plan for that?  There is honestly only so much you can do, you can put up a billion fucking road signs, ads on television about extra patrols, heavier policing, etc.  Without a true statistic, im going to just assume people still sped regardless. Might it had lowered it?  sure, but did it neutralize the overall issue of people speeding? no, and because it didnt, a few months from now, Gay ass Berenger will be stroking himself off in another one of these threads with all the euros trying to be all witty over the topic of "Americans and their guns".

You defeated yourself.....the point is to lower gun violence, you don't get to zero by counting higher numbers....More regulation means less people have access to unnecessary firearms and the ones that do have to go through a registration process which would not come without a price.

Spoiler is a chart outlining only "mass shootings" and their victims per day in 2015. In the US. It is not a kill count, those are the incidences that have included at least 4 victims or more.

(click to show/hide)

If we apply simple math to this, and just base it on say an average of 6 people involved in these mass shootings, that means that about 4 people per day this year will be victims of a mass shooting. That does not include, as clockwork I'm sure will want me to point out, GANG violence, or murders where less than 4 people are involved.

But nope, no gun problem at all. Thank god for charts and numbers.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:33:49 pm by Bronto »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 07:38:04 pm »
You defeated yourself.....the point is to lower gun violence, you don't get to zero by counting higher numbers....More regulation means less people have access to unnecessary firearms and the ones that do have to go through a registration process which would not come without a price.

I didnt defeat myself at all, stop searching for an answer to be witty.  If we have one hundred shootings, or one hundred and twenty mass shootings, it doesnt matter when it comes to making the populace feel safe.  Sure we lowered the greater outcome, but we never resolved the issue of the large amount of mass shootings occurring.  Its like you just want to put a band aid on a bleeding wound.  So now we have put in place your stricter regulations, and our newest shooter passes all the regulations put in place and shoots up a school, what now?  The media is in yet another "gun debate" frenzy, the issue still not resolved.  Ideas?  oh, stricter gun regulations lol. 

Did you read that Oregon had just overhauled their gun regulations anyways, im not sure to what degree, but would it have caught this person?  I dont know, maybe, but im going to just assume not. 

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 07:57:00 pm »
Out of a newspaper this morning:

- 45 school shootings this year up to now
- 294 "mass shootings"... in 274 days
- 2/3 of the school shootings happen outside of "weapon free zones"
- 2015 first year when more young citizens (below 26) die by being shot than by car accident

Clearly, weapons are not the issue here.

(click to show/hide)

Noone cares about the facts or compromising, they think if they give up an inch they will lose a foot. More Americans have died from firearm related deaths in the United States since 1968 than from all American wars combined. They also had to raise the drinking age here from 18 to 21 because there was a huge spike in drunk driving deaths and accidents in that age group, something similar should be done here with firearms, people just can't control themselves and it's unfortunate. I'm all for the right to own firearms, but I also realize that this country has a bad case of lunacy that is left unchecked, and the easy access to guns makes it infinitely more dangerous.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 08:05:02 pm »
Also rap music in the United States is sponsored by the media to promote minority culture. Most rap music is about shooting people, "fucking bitches" and selling drugs as an emotional outlet for people who generally failed at life so they can now be rewarded or feel accepted. This garbage is forced up the younger generations ass. There is a correlation between the popularity of rap music and violent crime.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »
I didnt defeat myself at all, stop searching for an answer to be witty.  If we have one hundred shootings, or one hundred and twenty mass shootings, it doesnt matter when it comes to making the populace feel safe.  Sure we lowered the greater outcome, but we never resolved the issue of the large amount of mass shootings occurring.  Its like you just want to put a band aid on a bleeding wound.  So now we have put in place your stricter regulations, and our newest shooter passes all the regulations put in place and shoots up a school, what now?  The media is in yet another "gun debate" frenzy, the issue still not resolved.  Ideas?  oh, stricter gun regulations lol. 

Did you read that Oregon had just overhauled their gun regulations anyways, im not sure to what degree, but would it have caught this person?  I dont know, maybe, but im going to just assume not.

I'm not trying to be witty, I'm trying to speak in layman's terms so you idiots can understand. There has to be some form of regulation or these statistics are going to keep increasing. I'd rather put a band aide on it, then make the cut larger.

Sure it's the media, but it's also people that believe that guns aren't the problem, people are. That's just completely ass backwards. As I said before, how many mass stranglings do you hear of? None you say....why is that...oh because you can't strangle a large group of people from 30' away no matter how crazy you are...give that guy a gun though and well you get the point.

Just in case you were late to the party:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »
There wouldn't be a large effect immediately if we completely outlaw guns tomorrow, no. I imagine it'd take a generation or two before gun crime reached the levels of our counterparts in the developed world.

Developed world.

Jesus Christ you sound like one of those people who associates with Europe because it's the hip new edgy thing to hate  your own nationality
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2015, 08:20:58 pm »
+2
It's literally the only thing I like about America.  You guys go around promoting your values and ideals as being the only font of liberty and freedom in the modern world, yet so much of your populations fails to see how fucked up it is that every few months someone can turn up to public location and kills a couple dozen people and have to resort to long and drawn out arguments to explain why its an acceptable thing to occur, nowhere else in the first world would tolerate this yet you are so penned up in an outdated constitutional rights argument that you cannot see the bigger picture. Stop buying the opium of the gun lobby and put down these deadly weapons, you do not need them and there is no benefit to keeping them readily available to all.
Turtles

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:33 pm »
Ban Rap music first and see if crime goes down. As long as people openly glorify gun violence as a means of self expression I'll keep a loaded 12 gauge in my truck.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:35:56 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2015, 08:35:07 pm »
+4
so what is the proposition? Take away all the cars because of the 1%? that is the typical opinion when these threads pop up.  Oh, so you dont want to do that, you just want them that much more regulated, and what is the plan for that?  There is honestly only so much you can do, you can put up a billion fucking road signs, ads on television about extra patrols, heavier policing, etc.  Without a true statistic, im going to just assume people still sped regardless.  Might it had lowered it?  sure, but did it neutralize the overall issue of people speeding? no, and because it didnt, a few months from now, Gay ass Berenger will be stroking himself off in another one of these threads with all the euros trying to be all witty over the topic of "Americans and their guns".  And of course the media will be in a goddamn fury to make sure every person in the country is hotly debating "gun control", id go as far as to assume they are probably paid by lobbyists to continue the discussion to fuel an agenda.  Either way you arent going to stop gun violence in the US with some miracle regulation.

Well the main issue with this logic is that cars are designed to transport people and objects from place to place as their first priority. Yes, they can also be misused and therefore lead to injury and death. Same with plenty of other tools, be it an electric drill, saw, woodchipper, lawnmower, etc etc. Chainsaws are made to cut wood. Can they also be used by mass murderers going on a rampage? Yes, although not very effectively. Guns however are made primarily to kill things, people and/or animals. Target shooting and such are merely games/practice that developed to further people's proficiency with these weapons. A car can be a weapon. A chainsaw and a lawnmower too. But they aren't designed to be weapons, while guns are. Regulating cars and other tools in the same manner as firearms is literally retarded.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2015, 08:46:26 pm »
Depends.

Currently the Dialogue is less about the reasons, and more about the tool.

Using vehicles as a statistic(2013 numbers):
Deaths from Vehicles: 10.345 per 100,000
Deaths from Drunk Driving: 38%
Deaths from Guns: 10.64 per 100,000 (6.7 though is Suicides)
---Homicides: 3.55 per 100,000

Edit: Additional Information:
Total Accidents per 100,000 people: 11.0

Thus,

Using the metrics that everyone has stated:
With 1 out of every 3 people being killed from drunk driving We should:
1) we need to install Breathalyzers in all cars to ensure no drives while drunk.

2) Enforce stricter DUI laws. Increase enforcement and awareness. Heavy Jail time and near impossible return of licence for driving.

Which do you chose?

So,
The majority will probably Choose #2. Guess what? Law enforcement did that as well. And Fatalities from drunk driving have been cut in half since 1980(though many, many people still do it)

So, how come, we have to basically state that we need to do option 1 for guns when clearly option 2 is a better overall option? Guns are tools(tools ment to kill, yes, but a tool nonetheless). If we apply similar metrics to Cars (a tool) and then look at the % that ruins cars for everyone(Drunk drivers) why can we not follow similar guidelines?

It's very clearly not an issue with the tool. It is an issue with the operator of the item instead.(Gang, Mentally ill, or other) These operators are given significantly more bias because our news agencies have to make money and choose to selectively report on major mass shootings.

(If Bronto's chart is correct, why then do we only see a major mass shooting in the news now and not any of the ones for the past month?)

There is a clear, biased agenda, and people spend to much time arguing wrongly over gun control, and not at the problems.

Sources.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.gov.bts/files/publications/by_the_numbers/drunk_driving/index.html
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/general-statistics/fatalityfacts/gender
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1103.pdf
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:56:03 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2015, 08:54:53 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I don't know much about this one guy, but I'm fairly certain that it is a "mental Health" issue. There people usually have little to no friends and no social interaction because our society only helps those who either 1. already have friends or 2. are attractive. Having friends allows one t o meet others and expand their social group, and attractive people are just welcome by everyone as long as they aren't complete autists. This man most likely worked some shit job he hated because he did not have the skills or motivation to do anything else, and he probably went home everyday to nothing for several years, and probably since high school. DO anyone of you know whats it like to say  to yourself, Wow I said nothing today, or to get home and then sit on a computer trying to hide that no one else is going to visit you? With the way our society is if you are socially apt you get thrown out, and thats where all these shooting are coming from. I don't know why there are happening, (maybe all our military propaganda makes people think guns can fix things) but they still are. The US probably has just as many disenfranchised young men as Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, but all of ours don't have anything to motivate them so they just sit around until they die, or kill themselves.

Disenfranchised youth listening to rap music and doing drugs. Bunch of retards who shouldn't have the right to own a gun is more like it.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2015, 08:57:02 pm »
+1
Yeah sure, not many would really vouch for requiring breathalyzers in every car, however once again, there is an inherent difference between a car and a gun. Some people NEED cars to go about their daily lives, while owning a car makes plenty of others' lives much easier, even if it isn't necessarily a requirement. No one (save for cops and military, I suppose) really NEEDS a gun. If you're hunting for a living or some shit, then yeah, apply for a license and get certified to own one. Cars only cause deaths when they are misused... guns cause deaths when they are used as intended, lol.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »
Yeah sure, not many would really vouch for requiring breathalyzers in every car, however once again, there is an inherent difference between a car and a gun. Some people NEED cars to go about their daily lives, while owning a car makes plenty of others' lives much easier, even if it isn't necessarily a requirement. No one (save for cops and military, I suppose) really NEEDS a gun. If you're hunting for a living or some shit, then yeah, apply for a license and get certified to own one. Cars only cause deaths when they are misused... guns cause deaths when they are used as intended, lol.

True and if you live in a shithole city like Chicago you probably deserve to get shot by some crack smoking thug for failing to get a real job. It's natural selection.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2015, 09:02:56 pm »
True and if you live in a shithole city like Chicago you probably deserve to get shot by some crack smoking thug for failing to get a real job. It's natural selection.

I dunno, these people seem mostly harmless. Cocaine, though...

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »
AINT NO ONE TAKING AWAY MY GUNS

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s