4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28024 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2015, 09:46:33 pm »
But that's the exact point. Why the fuck do you need a semiautomatic anything if you're only using it for hunting? To that I say perhaps you should remove the head from  your ass and like I give a shit if you name call me. Doesn't sting one bit. What does, is that guns can be more strictly regulated and you fail to see it.

i guess youve never seen people hunt boar or varmint before, again, pull your head out of your ass.  This can go back and forth pretty easily.  Maybe try and learn a thing or two while your at it.  The laws can easily be manipulated, i dont have to tell them when i write down why i want the shotgun that i want to use it to kill Brontos, just that i want to use it to hunt ducks, even though its a short barreled pump action with a folding stock.  Its not as if they are going to hold their hand over mine as we squeeze the trigger together. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:52:56 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2015, 09:49:17 pm »
Based on that data:

For example, Why was the mass shooting not reported on 2/27?(8D/1W)?

1 example, not even into the list significantly. This is the shit the pisses me off, and why I prefer to find numbers and listings instead of "news." If it doesn't fit the agenda media ignores it.
(Currently, politics is #1, and the news will use this shooting to get the politicians to make a stand on gun control)

None of this is at all related to our "well-being" but to the big, fat cats, who own politicians and media outlets.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2015, 09:57:04 pm »
i guess youve never seen people hunt bore or varmint before, again, pull your head out of your ass.  This can go back and forth pretty easily.  Maybe try and learn a thing or two while your at it.  The laws can easily be manipulated, i dont have to tell them when i write down why i want the shotgun that i want to use it to kill Brontos, just that i want to use it to hunt ducks, even though its a short barreled pump action with a folding stock.  Its not as if they are going to hold their hand over mine as we squeeze the trigger together.

Easy guy, telling someone you want to kill them is taking it a bit to the extreme.

Not sure what type of varmint you're speaking of but I grew up on 400 acre farm and have shot many ground hogs in my day with a long rifle. No semiautomatic was needed. Even bagged a rabbit or two and never had to use anything where I needed 3+ bullets in rapid succession to take out.

The point of you registering and obtaining a permit for that shotgun would be so they have a record of who owns it, where it was bought, and what you bought along with it. Also, if you are required to get a permit before the purchase a more extensive background check can be facilitated and at that point an amount of money can be associated with it, so if you really want it, you better have the funds for it. This could be one solution. If you're buying that shotgun and 5 boxes of shells, chances are you're either a doomsday prepper, or going to do something not quite so innocent with it.

And Anders, the media has manipulated our views since it's existence. Politicians are nothing but bought and paid for by lobbying groups and corporations. It's the American way.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2015, 10:10:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Haven't even sized a damn thing. Everything there is just placeholder/best guess for right now. (some of it I know it by heart cause I've been doing this for 2 years now)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2015, 10:12:47 pm »
Good luck man. Looks like it'll be a sweet pad once you're done with it.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:23 pm »
+1
this thread has turned into shit and I ahve to say gryt is the worst offender
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2015, 10:16:49 pm »
Easy guy, telling someone you want to kill them is taking it a bit to the extreme.

Not sure what type of varmint you're speaking of but I grew up on 400 acre farm and have shot many ground hogs in my day with a long rifle. No semiautomatic was needed. Even bagged a rabbit or two and never had to use anything where I needed 3+ bullets in rapid succession to take out.

The point of you registering and obtaining a permit for that shotgun would be so they have a record of who owns it, where it was bought, and what you bought along with it. Also, if you are required to get a permit before the purchase a more extensive background check can be facilitated and at that point an amount of money can be associated with it, so if you really want it, you better have the funds for it. This could be one solution. If you're buying that shotgun and 5 boxes of shells, chances are you're either a doomsday prepper, or going to do something not quite so innocent with it.

And Anders, the media has manipulated our views since it's existence. Politicians are nothing but bought and paid for by lobbying groups and corporations. It's the American way.

(click to show/hide)

If you quiver at the relevance of your name being used as a "joe" then i cant even imagine how hard it must be for you to type a complete sentence in a gun debate thread.  They hunt invasive pack animal species using semi-auto weapons, obviously i shouldnt need to explain why.  What about semi-auto shotguns used primarily for duck hunting? are those also too scary for civilian use?  5 boxes of shells, shit you can go through that in an evening of ski shooting, not even close to prepping with that.

The point of you registering and obtaining a permit for that shotgun would be so they have a record of who owns it, where it was bought, and what you bought along with it. Also, if you are required to get a permit before the purchase a more extensive background check can be facilitated and at that point an amount of money can be associated with it, so if you really want it, you better have the funds for it.

It isnt a solution, they already do that you shit, thats what ive been trying to tell you.  There are already so many goddamn laws on guns as it is, they need something far better then these minor band aids everywhere to patch it all together.  It needs a complete over haul, or the outright ban of them.   If the health care bill by Obama was anything to go by, itll take 8 fucking years of a new president to get anything even close to being done, and thatll be a war against the NRA and every politician they pay to veto it.  Doing what Xant said would be different, but then the populace also has to accept that, and i doubt that would ever work with a herd of Brontos.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:19:51 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2015, 10:22:46 pm »
But that's the exact point. Why the fuck do you need a semiautomatic anything if you're only using it for hunting? To that I say perhaps you should remove the head from  your ass and like I give a shit if you name call me. Doesn't sting one bit. What does, is that guns can be more strictly regulated and you fail to see it.

Semi automatics are better for self defense
Semi automatics are widely used in Competitions
Semi automatics are used for follow up shots in hunting
Semi automatics are easier for disabled to operate
Semi automatics makes hippies like you butthurt, thus. we should own more

racist frenchman
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2015, 10:24:21 pm »
Good luck man. Looks like it'll be a sweet pad once you're done with it.

HEH.

Structural Engineering is fun, but sometimes, just tedious. Not even my house, just a client's that(before we started) paid in full up front. Means it should be done next week(or sooner).

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:07 pm »
It's not even a gun issue.

It's about mental health and the causes and effects our society has on the mental health of its citizens... This is not a uniquely American issue, thought it does seem like we get the worst of it.

I should note that I've read almost nothing in this thread (and I imagine it derailed somewhere around page 3 anyway), but this is right on the money.

There are a few things I'd point out, though:
  • Most laws are in place not to prevent crime, but to punish criminals
  • So long as people intend to kill each other, people will kill each other

Banning guns won't work in the US unless it's a Federal ban, and even still, that would cause a civil war.
Slapping magazine locks on guns and banning 10 or 15+ round magazines sounds great until you realize you can just buy a magazine from out of state or use an allen wrench to take off the lock.
That said, magazine limit laws like we have here in CA or in CO are in place to punish people who use them criminally.
Unfortunately, this puts law-abiding citizens at a severe disadvantage if they found themselves in the position where they were being attacked or threatened by someone who has a standard cap magazine.
Mental health screenings would be great, but it could potentially be a slippery slope or be abused.

So, in my mind, tighter laws can be placed, but it isn't going to fix the mass shootings we suffer here.
Gun laws can also be laxer, but it isn't going to fix the mass shooting we suffer either.

The only way it's going to be fixed is by working towards less stigma surrounding mental health and getting help to more people who desperately need it.
It's both a mental health issue and and cultural issue, and neither are going to be easy things to deal with.

(click to show/hide)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »
^ my hero, a liberal, who would have ever thought.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
All I'm saying, is that there needs to be tighter control. Shit it takes absolutely nothing to get a concealed weapons permit or obtain a firearm. yeah you register it, but it's not that complicated or long of a process. As for saying I quiver at the mention of my name being placed in your line of fire, go stroke your cock somewhere else. Flip back a few pages and I've been arguing this point for way too long now.

Anyhow, I'm out, you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm too tired to continue this pointless debate. You're obviously pro-gun and I'm obviously all for hunting guns and not killing people. That's that.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
i don't understand why some people are so ingrained with the notion that gun control is the only answer.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2015, 10:50:04 pm »
+1
i don't understand why some people are so ingrained with the notion that gun control is the only answer.

It's not. Maine, Wyoming and New Hampshire have very high gun ownership rates and very little gun violence. I blame rap music.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.