Author Topic: Terraria!  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
Re: Terraria!
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »
my main problem is finding iron, as i need it to craft lots of things, it seems to have been replaced by tin.

create a new small world , grab a good pickaxe and drink 1 fresh mining potion then a good spelunker potion before starting digging.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2919
  • Infamy: 1763
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 11:13:06 pm »
+2
Fuck Logen. I've made a house, it was night time and zombies are crawling around. Locked myself into the house and fucking Logen opened the door and run away, left me with bunch of zombies and big jellos. Died.

Seriously, hardcore char and hard difficulty don't go well together. Think I'll go for medium diff char, will be hella pissed if I die sometimes later. Or I could treat game like Rogue Legacy, new char as my ancestor.

Offline Richyy

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • ¤=[]:::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richy_ / xDan / Rychi
  • IRC nick: Richy
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2015, 07:05:40 pm »
fill the holes with the grass wall or jungle wall (or flower wall if you want some fancyness) , purchasable from the dryad.
it will show as the image below
(click to show/hide)

make three or four space for the double rope to climb it if you feel unconfortable with the single rope.

find a Leaf Wand and use it to expand your house if you need , it only costs you 1 wood for 1 leaf block.

then let your imagination do the rest.

you can build underground , expand horizontally or go straight up and connect your house to a sky island :)

holy shit now that's one fine tree house over there

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 07:28:05 pm »
+1
create a new small world , grab a good pickaxe and drink 1 fresh mining potion then a good spelunker potion before starting digging.

Thanks, will do

Fuck Logen. I've made a house, it was night time and zombies are crawling around. Locked myself into the house and fucking Logen opened the door and run away, left me with bunch of zombies and big jellos. Died.

Seriously, hardcore char and hard difficulty don't go well together. Think I'll go for medium diff char, will be hella pissed if I die sometimes later. Or I could treat game like Rogue Legacy, new char as my ancestor.

His name is Cole on my world and he does a great job shooting zombies
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 2325
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:22 pm »
Cole you say? That must be per account because every new world I make, his name stays Logan (call him Logen myself).

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 04:58:03 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

more progress! just put ol Eye of cthulu in the ground! now we got the dryad moving in, sweet!
also you can see some additions in decor and space, notablable the area below the crafting room and the hanging cooking pot platform

now that i got dryad, im off to do some gardening and a bit more base building on the ground floor, got an idea for a house with wooden beams keeping it off the ground.

After that, trip into the crimson, TIME TO PURIFY! and for home expansion, well, i got one low hanging branch left open, and a spot to hang another platform, Theres always space on the ground, but im thinking the real fun is building UNDERground. Straight from the tree, through the trunk right into the ground, all on one rope!

(click to show/hide)
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Richyy

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 10:37:37 am »
nice! ill start my tree house today

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 11:27:31 am »
I built a massive demon cathedral on one of my worlds, and spread corruption everywhere. Considering doing the same again. Only thing was in hardmode the flying spitters were killing me and my friends  constantly outside it.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Richyy

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »
I built a massive demon cathedral on one of my worlds, and spread corruption everywhere. Considering doing the same again. Only thing was in hardmode the flying spitters were killing me and my friends  constantly outside it.

get good, tried to build a nice tree house 3 times, failed 3 times, raged 3 times, i need a new idea

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 01:41:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)

i'm jelly .....
anyway , nice work on the tree house , i like the hangin cooking pot there :P and all the stuff seems at the right place.
i'm in the other hand actually working on a show off building where like..mhhh it's hard to explain ...i'm going make a screen just for the science.
it's a wip , planning to add fireworks , glowing lamps , fountains and a proper roof and obviously finish the track on the left going to hell.
(click to show/hide)

next update is the finished one but i think it may takes a bit of time gathering all the armor&vanity sets  :lol:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2015, 10:48:20 am »
Got invaded over and over by martians then i figured out how to cheese the saucer boss, got the rocket launcher and suddenly game is easy. Insane dps.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:47 am »
I just realized that the game was slowly turning me into the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland all the time. I figured it out when it suddenly gave me this bunny mount and my overall look somehow fit perfectly to it

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:15:09 am by Ikarus »

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2019, 12:10:43 am »
+1
Terraria is simply wonderful game, both inside and out. It takes some time to get used to retroish graphics but once game atmosphere pulls you in, there's no easy way out. I'm pretty sure I haven't played any singleplayer (yeah I'm only playing singleplayer lately even tho multi is much more fun) longer than I've played Terraria this year. Basic premise of the game is pretty simple, yet very complex (like Diablo franchise).

And the best thing about Terraria is the fact that autothor of the game is constantly upgrading it, making it even more epic with every new patch. If he keeps doing like this, in two years, Terraria will become one of the greatest games in history!

Terraria is the real next gen game, once the 3d graphics technology get to level where it becomes possible to make games like Terraria and it's predecessor Minecraft, in full 3d with realistic graphics, we'll witness the next chapter in video games history. It's basically a blueprint for future sandbox games.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2493
  • Infamy: 1261
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 02:49:50 am »
Steam user reviews are still a thing? Thats one of the rare things I have written that I will gladly stand by even today. Terraria is one of the best ever games, even tho it isnt original nor that great in any particular category. Its just so well made and like Factorio it is dangerously addictive and thats enough for a game to be great.

Terraria holds second place in bang for buck category, right after Warband.

Will give it another try these days. Terraria is everything Starbound never was. On the outside they look similar but playing Starbound is like watching paint dry.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 07:35:29 pm »
starbound is a good game by itself though, IF you don't compare it to Terraria