Author Topic: XCOM 2  (Read 15150 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: XCOM 2
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 10:24:46 pm »
It is a reboot moron, expect changes. In my opinion, you are the menstruating whiny little cunt that complains that they removed a couple of features instead of appreciating the fact that they have released incredibly well made remake of an old game. Sure, they could have included a bit more content, but for fucks sake, calling it shit just because you like masturbating over pixelated old games does not make the game bad.
I call bullshit.

There is a term called alternate universe you know...

The problem kid, is that changing things is not the same as removing things, changes yeah whatever who wouldn't expect that I never complained about things they changed, what I complained about is what they removed, which is a lot of features that were actually brilliant parts of the game(s), they removed a lot more than they changed and they certainly didn't add much at all. Though I expect you wouldn't have any fucking idea about that considering you were probably still shitting your diaper when those games were in their prime or in fact weren't even born and judging by your retarded posts you definitely haven't played them or you'd know what I am talking about. It's not an incredible well made remake at all, it's a dumbed down version with shiny graphics, cutting out half the depth and giving it a visual makeover does not make it a brilliant remake.

15 years between Xcom: Apocalypse to Xcom: EU/EW and even longer since the original, yet somehow the game has less depth, features and thus less longevity, tell me how does that make the "reboot" brilliant, graphics have nothing to do with this, we are talking about game play, which is what makes games good. The fact is Xenonauts offers everything that made the original games good and more, it looks nice without having to have fancy graphics, it IS the real spiritual reboot to the series, it is good and Xcom EU/EW is bland and has been needlessly simplified, so stop talking out of your turdpipe you gobby little shitcunt and in future educate yourself on the subject before you let your Aspergers take over and write more retarded posts.

Done and dusted, bye.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 10:38:29 pm »
I like xenonauts but imo its one of few examples where depth does not necessarily translate into better gameplay. while the air combat and geoscope is miles better in xenonauts, the ground combat is the bulk of either game.

And xenonauts ground combat imo is actually far LESS tactical than the xcom reboot's far simplier approach. Xenonauts is just telling 10 guys to line up and roll dice, then replacing whoever died. If you watch something like ironman impossible playthrough of xcom 2012, you cannot afford to take such risks, each man of you 4-6 squad is vital - the hunker down option is required to only engage enemies on your terms.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 10:54:12 pm »
Not sure what difficulty you played Xenonauts on and how far into the game you got, but after a little while, like pretty soon into the game if you just line your guys up and rely on dice rolls you will get rek and the more you get rekt you will fall behind and lose, soldiers in Xenonauts need to gain experience and progress just the same, you wont beat the game if you're just throwing all your soldiers away. They're equally as tactical in their own way but even then there are little things like in EU they never had the ability the pick up equipment from the dead, which you can in Xenonauts like you could the original games and stuff like that helps mix the gameplay up. What you're referring to is a game mode/difficulty setting, that doesn't really make it more tactical.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:58:03 pm by Leesin »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 11:29:19 pm »
I always liked Apocalypse the most, because it had realtime.

Just... fuck off

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »
I didn't like XCOM: EW very much either. I found it kinda repetitive/lacking in content, but what really annoyed me was the feeling of sluggishness in battles (animations, delays before and after turns...).

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 11:41:56 pm »
i liked the battles but i hated the rng-class system and the no iventory thing.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 01:38:43 am »
Never played the old Xcom, liked the new one. A solid 7/10 time-killer.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:40 am »
Anyone here played the UFO (Aftermath/shock/light) games?

I played through Aftermath once.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 07:04:21 pm »
I guess this one will finally make me get a new PC (what those SEGA cunts with their TW merchandise did not manage to do)...

Having never played the old games, I know and acknowledge a lot of the criticism against the new Xcom (too small squads, very limited leveling and inventory system) still I found and find it worth the money I spent on it, including the DLCs.
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 07:06:13 pm »
I prefer smaller squads to bigger ones.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 08:05:41 pm »
I am unsure whether I like or not.
The presentation is kinda cool on one side but seems too much for XCOM on the other.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 10:59:06 pm »
That "gameplay demo" seems fake as hell.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 03:06:11 pm »
+1
I liked Apoc better than any other X-Com.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 03:42:31 pm »
+2
I'm mostly with Leesin on this, they dumbed down the new one and removed features, which is scandalous. They also made it in that ugly cartoon World of Warcraft graphics where there's color explosions everywhere, everything is stylized and armors and weapons are ridiculously disproportioned and look like they are made of plastic. Couldn't cope with the aesthetics especially, though it seemed like a decent turn-based tactical game. More realism like in Xenonauts really fits the genre.