Author Topic: New round of backers  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
New round of backers
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:25:51 pm »
+5
I couldn't afford it forever ago but now I have extra money. Let me give it to you!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Captain_Skinboat

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skinboat, Aquaman, KRAKEN VERY SCARY
Re: New round of backers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:17:45 am »
+2
h

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:18:06 pm »
By that i mean it wouldnt be sufficient for devs to work on it full time in one location so they would probably have to do it in a similar way to the 1st wave and grant people 'privileges' of some description. Some folk say the 47k (or whatever) pledged on kickstarter was a good amount of money, but it's hard to say how much that sum would actually benefit the Donkey Crew where they are right now since they wouldnt be able to all quit their jobs and move to an office on that amount alone.

Their own first estimate was 90k for the kickstarter. Where most of  that (if not all) money was going towards getting a joint office.
I doubt we will be able to get that high an amount.

Anyway, it seems like the devs have gotten into a good working routine and have gotten a lot of things done with the current setup.
I am sure that they would ask if they needed money bad enough.

Offline Maestro

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:31 pm »
+1
I think they should make another crowd funding if they finish some playable version of the game which would be given to people who will support the development.

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 03:31:23 am »
+1
I couldn't afford it forever ago but now I have extra money. Let me give it to you!

im in the exact same situation. i didnt have money just after christmas a couple of years ago and they've been punishing me ever since

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:07:17 pm »
+1
From what I've read on the public forum it almost seems like where devs are atm they need at least enough money for an office/workspace where they can work on the game full-time, and that any less would be a lot of effort to gather but without allowing them a significant advantage.

Some folk say the 47k (or whatever) pledged on kickstarter was a good amount of money...

Well, I certainly don't have 43k on my person right now to get them that joint office, but I have some money and I want them to take it from me anyway.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 12:19:05 am »
+5
Office space is expensive. Just buy everyone a sub-$50 tablet and mount it at their desk with Skype running dedicated on it at all times so that you can collaborate in real-time as if you were right next to each other and not have your actual workspace have an annoying chat window up on it. Working remotely can be less convenient to work as a team but the price of cheap hardware and video chat can do away with 90% of the inconvenience. I work remotely myself (as well as in the office twice a week). I get more of different things done depending on whether I am at home or in the office but everything can be done at either.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln