Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63192 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2016, 06:45:28 am »
So im 175 turns on legendary dwarf campaign, after long slog of wiping out all choas completely, I have all long victory conditions why haven't I won?

Then I see "clear all grudges", and I have a grudge where I have to get engineer to level 15, current level 0. Fuck, theres not enough enemies left to kill to get that much exp, its just me owning every dwarf/orc territory and some surviving human factions....  :(

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2016, 09:38:32 am »
Engineers get experience from being deployed or embedded in armies as well. Though i think that particular grudge might be bugged. I have it as well, it didn't seem to track progress. Maybe it was because it was an engineer i got for free?

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2016, 10:29:59 am »
So im 175 turns on legendary dwarf campaign, after long slog of wiping out all choas completely, I have all long victory conditions why haven't I won?

Then I see "clear all grudges", and I have a grudge where I have to get engineer to level 15, current level 0. Fuck, theres not enough enemies left to kill to get that much exp, its just me owning every dwarf/orc territory and some surviving human factions....  :(

Engineers get experience from being deployed or embedded in armies as well. Though i think that particular grudge might be bugged. I have it as well, it didn't seem to track progress. Maybe it was because it was an engineer i got for free?

I assume it says "Get Engineer to level 15 - Current:0", like you currently have 0 Engineers at level 15, in my Orc campaign there was something that confused me for a moment like that, but I realised the "Current" part did not indicate level, just how many of w/e it is you have completed within the objective, for instance you have 0 level 15 Engineers, so it says 0. I think it was overlooked when they created objectives, I don't think it is tracking the level progress of an Engineer. But yeah, you can just embed it in an army or deploy, also you can just go send him to perform repeated actions against the remaining humans which is probably the best option and just spam end turns and actions with him lol.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2016, 01:10:56 pm »
I'm still waiting for when the price drops/goes on sale for this.

Probably by the time I buy it there will be a lot of DLC already.

Although glad it actually looks good for a change.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2016, 02:30:36 pm »
I'm guessing we'll get Bretonnia, Skaven, Elves and maybe Kislev as playable factions in the DLCs. They won't make the world bigger, so we won't get to see the other races  :(
No lizardmen  :cry:
No Khemri  :cry:
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2016, 02:38:58 pm »
Why wouldn't they make the world bigger? Even so, they could probably add separate campaigns with other races.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2016, 02:49:03 pm »
The map is already crazy big IMO. But Its always better with more races, especially since they are so diverse. Way more than just different human sub-cultures  :P

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2016, 03:53:48 pm »
Why wouldn't they make the world bigger? Even so, they could probably add separate campaigns with other races.

We can only hope. I doubt Lizardmen and Khemri are gonna make it into the game tho.

Here is a map of the whole warhammer planet.

(click to show/hide)

"Europe" is the Old World, where the Total War game and most of the Warhammer stuff takes place.

The Upper part of "Africa" is where Khemri is.

"South America" is Lustria, where my beloved Lizardmen reside.

"North America" is Nagash, country of Dark Elves. The island in the great Ocean is where the High elves live. As far as I know, elves are united in the end times scenario tho, so that won't matter.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Best catapult ammunition in a game. Ever. Why would you not insta-buy this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2016, 05:50:29 pm »
The undead horde disperse the human regiments defending the Moot. The road to Averland is open...

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »
The attrition in this game is incredibly unforgiving. I was trying to purge the scum in the far north. And I cant even do it on easy difficulty. 1 turn in the attritionzone? Bam, you lost 25% of your army.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2016, 08:50:09 pm »
+3
I'm guessing we'll get Bretonnia, Skaven, Elves and maybe Kislev as playable factions in the DLCs. They won't make the world bigger, so we won't get to see the other races  :(

They confirmed that we'll get all 15 playable tabletop armies with their books. So world will be enlarged and Lizardmen will be in, at least :)

http://www.lazygamer.net/genre/strategy-genre/total-war-warhammer-will-include-all-fantasy-armies-including-some-free-lc-ones/
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2016, 10:09:08 pm »
+1
They confirmed that we'll get all 15 playable tabletop armies with their books. So world will be enlarged and Lizardmen will be in, at least :)

http://www.lazygamer.net/genre/strategy-genre/total-war-warhammer-will-include-all-fantasy-armies-including-some-free-lc-ones/

DLC aside, they already announced they will be making two more standalone Warhammer TW games. According to what has been officially said, each of these new games will also act like an expansion to the campaign map with their own area of land.  So if you own all 3 games, you will have the all their maps combined onto one campaign map, with all the armies from the games and DLC. That is what was said and explained officially, of course this can change, but it does sound like it is most likely the goal they will hit as it could be extremely profitable, I know I would buy those two games in an instant just to have a bigger map with more armies lol, plus all the DLCs.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2016, 10:25:16 pm »
The attrition in this game is incredibly unforgiving. I was trying to purge the scum in the far north. And I cant even do it on easy difficulty. 1 turn in the attritionzone? Bam, you lost 25% of your army.
It's not that bad. Besides, attrition is very easy to avoid. A number of the stances you can have prevent attrition.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2016, 10:30:52 pm »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:45:57 pm by Renay »