Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63217 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #315 on: May 27, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »
+1
So I decided to try out Orcs and the Waaaagh feature is pretty cool, I haven't encountered the issues with it myself yet but I think one is a bug and the other is just people not controlling their "fightiness" meter. One bug that someone mentioned was that they would siege and capture a settlement, then during the end turn phase, the waaagh army, with it's own turn phase, sieges the settlement you just captured and own. The other issue is people complaining it's being an nuiseance by attacking and capturing enemy settlements they don't want, but after using the Waaagh armies it seems to me that's their own fault, I consistently set targets for the Waaagh army and it headed straight for those targets each time, whether it is a settlement or an enemy army. If you don't want a waaagh army randomly attacking settlements etc then it seems it best to control your Fightiness meter by giving your armies a little down time after a few battles, to prevent a Waaaagh from forming to begin with. I think the Waaaagh army should just sack settlements instead of capturing though.

My Orc campaign is already getting tough, while dealing with my neighbouring Orcs as well as a Dwarf kingdom, the actual main Dwarf Faction have expanded rapidly to the west of me and another Dwarf kingdom has taken all the territories south, like really fast, I think the Orcs were too busy fighting themselves as well as other small Dwarf Kingdoms and then got mobbed by the ones they didn't focus, seeing as the Dwarfs probably didn't fight each other.

Some pictures anyway

(click to show/hide)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #316 on: May 27, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »
Leesin, are your graphics just shitty or does it always look like that when you fight underground?
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 27, 2016, 06:16:31 pm »
I have everything on Ultra with everything switched on except Depth of Field ( I hate that effect personally ). My gamma/brightness is probably off a bit because I haven't finished tweaking it with the SweetFX I am using, so it probably looks a little off because of that too. But regardless, to me, it does seem like some textures are shitty, I have noticed it a lot in both overground and underground. If you look at the Dwarfs shields and most of the armour, they look quite awesome, however the Orcs seem to look like shit. Not sure if there is some kind of bug there or they just made shite textures lol. I did notice some of my settings changing by themselves at some point so I will have to mess about more to see, maybe my AA is being shitty.

EDIT: I pissed about with the settings some more and going back and forth from the menu and I did notice my AA setting was defaulting. In the end I turned it off and quit the game, loaded back up turned it to 8x, quit the game, loaded back up and played some and it seems to be sticking now, no idea why lol. So maybe some of the textures were looking extra shitty thanks to the AA. Though some of the Orcs still do look shitty textures, though I am not sure if that's just them trying to replicate the "worn down" look of the Orcs.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:41:09 pm by Leesin »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 27, 2016, 08:36:41 pm »
The ground textures were a bit blurry but it looked good to me. Thanks for the screenies btw!

When graphical options dont stick it can be because of your GPU control panel default options overriding what you set in-game; if you want to extra-custom the total war warhammer.exe, set custom options to it directly through it to be sure its applied.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 27, 2016, 10:33:36 pm »
+1
Playing a Vampire Counts campaign right now with Mannfred von Carstein, it's pretty cool, plays very differently than other campaigns. Reminds me of playing Death back in Lords of Magic. Also, great animations for the skeletons, the way they march synchronized is a nice touch, loved those guys since Army of Darkness.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:34:02 am by Angantyr »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2016, 01:31:07 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »
Some picture tests after more tweaking
(click to show/hide)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2016, 10:47:18 pm »
+1
CA has made a great game here. Great design and faithful to the universe; everything is very smooth, from the interface, to graphics, to mechanics.

The battles look very impressive, as does the campaign map and new battle maps. Strange about the boring building icons and very little speech during diplomacy, though.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #323 on: May 28, 2016, 11:21:08 pm »
My only hatred...

THE END TIMES IS THE MOST FUCKED UP WHFB LORE THEY COULD HAVE MADE. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GO BLOW SUCH GOOD LORE.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #324 on: May 28, 2016, 11:34:47 pm »
As someone who knows 0 Warhammer Fantasy lore: Why is end times bad and what would be a better setting?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2016, 11:35:59 pm »
My only hatred...

THE END TIMES IS THE MOST FUCKED UP WHFB LORE THEY COULD HAVE MADE. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GO BLOW SUCH GOOD LORE.

It is the end times m8. Archaon is a playable character in the game as well as Grimgor. Sooo I'm not sure what you mean but it's around that time period, so technically it is the End Times. If you mean it's not "historical", that would be a dumb excuse because it's a total war game. Non canon shit here yo.

As someone who knows 0 Warhammer Fantasy lore: Why is end times bad and what would be a better setting?

The forces of Chaos wipe out the living world. Literally kill everything. GG no RE.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2016, 12:56:20 am »
It is the end times m8. Archaon is a playable character in the game as well as Grimgor. Sooo I'm not sure what you mean but it's around that time period, so technically it is the End Times. If you mean it's not "historical", that would be a dumb excuse because it's a total war game. Non canon shit here yo.

The forces of Chaos wipe out the living world. Literally kill everything. GG no RE.
(I'm talking about the Canon lore being shit. The game itself is good, just the lore is shit)

Here's the Lore that i find very distasteful:
Dark Elves leader Malekith was pretty much a nice guy and all that raping, plundering etc DE's did is absolved and Malekith becomes Phoneix King(There is lots of other stuff that happens that bascially ruins DE lore. Mainly their "Slaneesh cults" were never Slaneesh, etc. etc. they was just misunderstood)
Mannfred von Carstien is useless in lore and betrays every faction at least once and then blows world up by killing Balthazar Gelt.
Dwarves get Reckt. Chaos dwarves are "non existant" before the world ends(being wiped out by greenskins).
Lizardman basically have skaven fuck them up. Skaven blow up Morsliebb(the moon), Wiping out Lustria and Lizardman flee in spaceships.
Orcs fight huge army of chaos. Archeon gets reckt by Grimgor. And instead of killing Archeon, Grimgor Turns his back on the downed Archeon and gloats, then Archeon Chops his head off.
Bretonnia's "lady of the lake" is nothing more than Lileath(Elven Goddess) who reveals the most SHITTY part of the lore:
The current "gods" are nothing more than the survivors of the world BEFORE this one who just recreated it as they saw fit. A continuation of the death/rebirth cycle.

Once Chaos knocks off everyone to death, the world(now called Mallus) get thrown through the cosmos with Sigmar(who takes over Franz after he "dies") holding on until some dragon(who was somehow not killed when "chaos wiped out all life in galaxy") grabbed the world. Sigmar then recreates the world with most of the previous races somewhat still around(Elves, humans, undead/vamp & greenskins are all that are mentioned). Following this all gods join up for a time and prevent chaos from rejoining. Chaos breaches, imprisons all the other worlds save Sigmars. Sigmar create Storm Elementals (AKA Fantasy Space Marines) and starts fighting Chaos (AkA Fantasy Warhammer 40k) and then you get "Age of Sigmar" game.

The end.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2016, 01:01:29 am »
That has nothing to do with Total Warhammer.

Anyhow, Chaos invasion/end times DO feel rather underpowered, if you're not playing as Chaos. In my Empire campaign, I didn't even have to face Chaos faction, as Kislev + Nordland + some other non-chaos factions handled it way before it could become a threat to my lands.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2016, 01:48:49 am »
That has nothing to do with Total Warhammer.

Anyhow, Chaos invasion/end times DO feel rather underpowered, if you're not playing as Chaos. In my Empire campaign, I didn't even have to face Chaos faction, as Kislev + Nordland + some other non-chaos factions handled it way before it could become a threat to my lands.

It's the entire lore of total warhammer.

And it's shitty shitty shitty.Gameplay and stuff is good, though.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2016, 02:33:35 am »
Don't have a huge knowledge on the lore but end times seems really shitty consider Age of Sigmar looks like fucking shit compared to the Warhammer I played as a young teen. However in the game it doesn't really matter, I am having a blast playing it.