Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63194 times)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2016, 02:04:14 pm »
More screenshots, people!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2016, 02:12:39 pm »
+1
I was getting hyped up by some of the lets-plays and reviews shortly before release, which is why I finally cracked and bought a key. Was still pleasantly surprised at just how fun it is :o

I actually thought i was tired of the Total War formula... :lol:

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2016, 02:39:35 pm »
Having lots of fun so far. A few issues though, the campaign map feels a little awkward and clustered with crap, it does look nice, but it just doesn't look very clear. The AI diplomacy and decision making has baffled me a little at times. Currently playing my Empire campaign and earlier Bastonne, a Brettonian Kingdom, declared war on me but didn't even have an army ready to attack, instead I marched my army over to their town Montefort, sieged them and their whole army inside, until they all starved to death, they tried to offer me peace with 1 turn left on siege but obviously I turned that down.

I took my army away from the town and back into Empire lands, then the Dwarfs of Karak Ziflin that are right next to me and who had been trying to make friends with me for multiple turns now, declared war on me and sacked the town I had just taken from Bastonne. None of it really made sense to me in any way at all, both AI actions seemed pointless, the Bretonnian kingdom declared war and didn't attack, lost a town and an army for it, now the Dwarfs who were trying to be my friend declared war on me, sacked the town I had captured, got a meagre amont of gold for it and now will face my full force. The other Empire Kingdoms keep fighting each other while the Vampire counts are pushing from the east and taking their towns. These all seem like massively stupid AI decision making issues, that I hope isn't going to persist.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:10:03 pm by Leesin »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2016, 02:48:37 pm »
I dunno, I haven't had such issues so far, also playing as Empire. Made alliances with most other empire factions, as well as with main Bretonnia and Dwarven factions (and thus with most of the minors as well), obliterated a few others, when i had the chance. Have thus far absorbed 2 large empire minors through federation, whilst the remaining empire factions are busy fighting off some chaos invasions up north and another is fighting a large Ork waagh down south together with my armies. Mostly holding their own against Vampire counts as well. For whatever reason some of my dwarven allies keep trying to fight Bretonnians, tho.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2016, 03:16:18 pm »
The Dwarfs of Karak Ziflin also just tried to offer me peace now after sacking that town twice, they're hiding in their capital with a full army and heavy garrison. It's like they're trolling me, sack my town twice to get some gold, then run and hide in strong defense and ask for peace. So, I am going to march on them with two armies, got a couple of Great Cannons and a Hellstorm Rocket Battery that I will enjoy using on them, plus my ginger wizard will be useful for siege too I guess.

Vampire Counts also just asked me for peace and offered me 3000 gold, even though I am not even actually fighting them yet, might as well accept and take the gold for now lol.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2016, 03:58:18 pm »
Playing as Ungrim... turn 12 or something Kingrim declares war on me without any reason.

Turn 14 without any contact yet he offers me a peace treaty including 500 gold.

There are some questionable AI decision but until now they rather make me lol than anything else :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2016, 05:33:28 pm »
I do wonder if the AI is reacting desperately when you bring a large army near its borders. When I thought about it, that little Brettonian Kingdom declared war on me when I had an army next to its border, as I had taken a town there from those rebels or w/e they were, the Dwarfs were also next to the Brettonian town that I attacked and took after they declared war on me, the Dwarfs then also declared war on me. Perhaps the AI programming is designed to have aggressive reactions to even potential enemies, but it's having overly aggressive reactions for merely seeing a large army of yours near its borders. Their declarations of war are ultimately leading me to squash them so I know my borders are safe because I am unsure if they really want to war with me or not. But it's also wasting time and resources I could be using to help strength my northern territory to prepare to fight the Undead and the Chaos Hordes that are coming.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2016, 05:48:48 pm »
I'm waiting for Radious mod before I buy. Always has nice improvements.

Also, it is speculated that Wood Elves will be the first DLC. Would make sense, because there should be a playable elven race in a fantasy game. I'm actually surprised they didn't add them from the start.

And please guys, more screenshots of epic clashes!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2016, 06:09:27 pm »

Also, it is speculated that Wood Elves will be the first DLC. Would make sense, because there should be a playable elven race in a fantasy game. I'm actually surprised they didn't add them from the start.

And please guys, more screenshots of epic clashes!

Radious has already started modding this, glad to see that myself, though I will wait a while before I use it as I am sure not much work has been done yet lol. Brettonians make sense as the first DLC to me, because they are already in the game, unusable in campaign atm but usable in Battle/Multiplayer battle, I forget if anything has been mentioned on this though. It might be a FreeLC which would be nice. I think the DLC after that could consist of either Beastmen, Wood Elves or Skaven, but the Skaven are so massively popular compared to both of those, I have a feeling it will be Skaven first.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2016, 07:49:21 pm »
So my glorious crusade to End times end in bankruptcy :shock:
With all of Norsca under my vassalage I cannot sustain even two good armies cos somehow vassals do not increase basic income.
Thanks to stupid rule of attrition of nearby hordes you cannot use two weaker hordes to cooperate in group.
Biggest irony is that my income was highest in time of my glorious conquest of Norsca :mrgreen:

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2016, 08:29:08 pm »

And I am waiting for a crack  :oops:
No more money for a game that I think will be good (Warhammer) even though it will probably share many flaws with their predecessors.

I am especially looking forward to end-game strategical map issues, and AI battle/diplomacy issues, with regards to the feedback here. Not many people talked about the battles? is AI stupid?

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2016, 08:32:09 pm »
Current Radious change log:

Radious  [developer]   23 May @ 3:42pm
Changelog
First release version and its changes:

Battle Changes:

- New morale system - progressive, changes during battle rapidly, various effects changed. Overall longer and more interesting battles. Big differences between races (each behaves differently).
- Battles last longer - reworked melee hit chance and almost all unit stats to ensure its not over within 2-3 minutes units clash.
- Almost all units are rebalanced in terms of health, stats, ammo, leadership.
- Wider differences between various weapons, missile weapons, armors and shields to ensure much wider variety on the battlefield.
-Complete rebalance of all projectiles - every single bow, javelin, rifle, crossbow and tons of other missile weapons has been edited to offer larger differences between types including reworked ranges, standard and AP damages, reload times etc.
- Various unit abilities and spells slightly rebalanced.
- Rebalanced level up bonuses for units - more experienced units will play higher role.
- Fatigue numbers and its effects rebalanced.

Campaign Changes:

- Economy rebalanced and reworked.
- Changes to religion, cultural coversion and population growth.
- Almost all building effects are rebalanced, many buildings got additional effects to make any sence to actually build them.
- Building costs rebalanced, higher tiers are more expensive.
- Ambush chance increased on almost all terrain types.
- Improved Garrisons - Garrisons slightly edited, minor citties got small boost.
- Unit upkeep reduced by 50% for more possible armies on battlefield.
- Experience system rebalanced, units level up slightly faster.
- Several technologies slightly rebalanced.
- Rebalanced diplomacy status numbers: Friendly, Hostile, Unfriendly, Very friendly
- Skillpoints changes - all generals get from level 1-10 2 skillpoints and from level 11-30 3 skillpoints. All agents get each level 2 skillpoints.
- Millitary morale numbers edited.
- Slightly reduced effects of Vampire Counts and Chaos territory attrition.
- Rebalanced conquest decisions - more options and potential gold income from various decisions.
- Razing available only for Chaos and its related factions and servants.

AI Changes:

- Reworked AI recruitment system - AI army composition improved and recruitment reworked so AI builds more balanced armies with larger variety of units.
- Rebalanced AI campaign difficulty bonuses - on higher difficulties it will be really challenge for players.

Graphics Changes:

- Added new logo to the main menu, representing the mod and you know its activated.
- Removed various dust effects when army marches on places where no dust would ever appear.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »
So, I've seen Kislev as a faction in some lets plays. Is it an actual faction or does it just use Empire units?

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2016, 09:52:45 pm »
Just for Renay...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »
So, I've seen Kislev as a faction in some lets plays. Is it an actual faction or does it just use Empire units?
Kislev uses empire units.