Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63198 times)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »
If there is less politics/diplomacy/strategy and the AI is still shit tactic-wise, its gonna be a hack&slash borefest even with the "better" sieges  :( fingers crossed the claims are not overblown like in all the previous TW titles.
Regarding battle AI, so far from what I've seen only 1 or 2 youtubers each had a single incident where AI went to retard town, but they were both surprised so it's possible those were just glitches. They may be not playing the final version however :D

And from what I saw, there are only less politics if you're orcs or chaos, with orcs mostly doing peace/war and confederations, and Chaos "freeing" the mortals from their feeble minds into the open arms of Chaos!

Diplomacy looked nice, AI gives YOU offers sometimes, like trade and what not. Something between Rome2/Attila level of "NO NEVER" and Shogun 2 level of "take my 5 regions for this trade deal"

Strategy, I think I saw Legendoftotalwar struggling and having to sign a peace with orcs (playing as Dwarves) because he was having issues. And if Legend has issues on strategy map, then AI may not be all that retarded :o Anyhow, Chaos is the Attila of that game, and they can really wreck your shit if you aren't careful.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »
+1

This is actually awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2016, 05:18:25 pm »
Okay, that is quite cool :o

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2016, 05:20:45 pm »
If someone considers a last-minute purchase of the game, don't go through steam store

https://www.instant-gaming.com<- this site has 37% lower price and is confirmed to work, I bought my cd-key there and got it delivered as a photo of the cd-key from the game box, it''s redeemed on my account and just finished downloading))

I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2016, 05:33:35 pm »
+1
If someone considers a last-minute purchase of the game, don't go through steam store

https://www.instant-gaming.com<- this site has 37% lower price and is confirmed to work, I bought my cd-key there and got it delivered as a photo of the cd-key from the game box, it''s redeemed on my account and just finished downloading))

Ok, but why does that site ask for "Additional verification by phone", when i try to pay with Paypal?

--edit:
After reading Trustpilot reviews, i went ahead with this and even submitting photo of my ID for "verification purposes" (conveniently after already paying) (seriously, is that site trying to be as shady as possible?)...
Got my key. Pre-loading now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:53:19 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2016, 06:28:44 pm »
Paid €40 at g2play
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2016, 07:31:14 pm »
Yeah, those keys are DEFINITELY not stolen xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2016, 07:37:10 pm »
Always open the case before you leave the shop.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2016, 07:50:35 pm »
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Optimisation_Blog

During Total War: Warhammer’s development, our programmers have dedicated more time to engine optimization than any other Total War game. The ultimate aim of this work is to utilise your PC’s resources more effectively, and balance those countless calculations the game performs at any given moment more evenly across CPU cores, while figuring out which tasks we can hand off to the GPU to execute. The net result is improved framerates across the spectrum of PC configurations.

We’re pleased to confirm that Total War: WARHAMMER will also be DX12 compatible, and our graphics team has been working in close concert with AMD’s engineers on the implementation. This will be patched in a little after the game launches, but we’re really happy with the DX12 performance we’re seeing so far, so watch this space!

In non-DX12 news, our graphics team has spent considerable time on engine optimisations and there’s lots of good news in this regard, so let’s talk about specific engine optimisations which benefit everyone.

Total War has traditionally been quite CPU-bound, with the game-draw and graphics render processes both running on the same CPU thread. Over time, as the engine has evolved and become more demanding, this has become an increasingly important bottleneck for us. During the course of TWWH’s development, we’ve spent time separating these so they now run independently on their own threads. We’ve also optimized our task-system to have better multi-threading performance across the board.

In GPU terms, we’ve shifted our particle simulation pipeline from the pixel shader to the compute shader, which is a more efficient use of the GPU’s time. In fact we’ve done this with several parts of the rendering pipeline, further utilizing the GPU and letting the CPU focus on everything else it has to do.

Long story short: all of this means we’re using the CPU and the GPU more efficiently. TW: Warhammer takes better advantage of multicore CPUs, balancing the load across the cores so that no single core is maxed out and limiting framerates while others sit idle.

We’ve also switched up the Total War engine from 32 to 64-bit. While this brings no tangible performance benefits, we no longer have the 32-bit restriction of a maximum of 2GB of memory devoted to processes. The upshot is we can basically cram a greater variety of models, animations and textures into battles. One neat side benefit though is that it’s brought a reduction in end-turn times. Coupled with further optimisation we’ve done on the AI’s decision-making, this means you’ll enjoy quite noticeably reduced end-turn rounds while all the AI factions take their turns.

In the anti-aliasing department, we have morphological anti-aliasing (MLAA) and multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA x2, x4 and x8) as our AA options. While MLAA is a post-process effect, MSAA renders the same pixels in the scene multiple times, making it the most computationally expensive form of AA, and it therefore hits the framerate hardest. As you probably know, your typical Total War scene draws a hell of a lot of edges to smooth!

We’ve put time aside to optimize our MSAA implementation so that it runs computations in a smarter, more selective way. It doesn’t blanket multi-sample every part of every pixel now – it looks for pixel-edges and only multi-samples those. The upshot is nice smooth edges at a reduced GPU cost than before, and therefore a lower impact on your framerate. It’ll still have an impact of course; just less of an impact than in previous Total War titles.

It all adds up to a smoother-running Total War game, and we’re pretty confident you’ll feel that when you get your hands on it.

Edit: Jeez, it unlocks late tomorrow. Approx 22h to go.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:58:11 pm by Molly »

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »
Ok, but why does that site ask for "Additional verification by phone", when i try to pay with Paypal?

--edit:
After reading Trustpilot reviews, i went ahead with this and even submitting photo of my ID for "verification purposes" (conveniently after already paying) (seriously, is that site trying to be as shady as possible?)...
Got my key. Pre-loading now.

Idk, I just paid directly with my card :o Had no issues or shady requests, and trustpilot reviews indeed convinced me.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:02 pm »
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Optimisation_Blog

Edit: Jeez, it unlocks late tomorrow. Approx 22h to go.

It unlocks in 10 hours, the time on steam is wrong according to CA atleast.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:18 pm »
From what I read, 9am tomorrow for most of Europe. I won't play untill evening :x

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2016, 09:07:19 am »
IT IS TIME

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:23 am »
Game is unlocked steam fucked up again.

Pretty annoyed at the 'Take anywhere mod' as the devs were saying it would allow any faction to take any settlement. What they failed to mention is this applies to all factions, except Chaos. Which is a shame as im not a fan of horde movements or play styles and was really hoping they would release the mod allowing any faction to take anywhere, including Chaos.

Ah well im sure there will be a mod for that in the next few weeks

Edit: I did ask the Author of the mod and he said a Chaos version is possible so yay
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:32:33 am by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2016, 06:55:20 pm »
+1