Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63203 times)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2016, 05:47:21 pm »
+3
Ok with all of these great Warhammer looking games (Waghhammer Total Wagh, Deathwing, Dawn of War 3, Gothic, etc..) coming out guys, I'm fearing for my state of being. I don't know what I'm gunna do with my life. Not gunna go outside, gunna lose my job, not gunna get laid ever again, will become a pale pasty schlub of a man.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #241 on: May 05, 2016, 06:54:47 pm »
+1
Basically the XCOM 2 approach... Nice, I like that.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2016, 04:33:49 am »
Basically the XCOM 2 approach... Nice, I like that.

Because modding sells. Just look at what PDX just released before Stellaris in prepration for HOI4 and Stellaris...
XCOM2

And their pre-orders are probably really really lacking because of this.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2016, 06:35:36 am »
if I recall correctly xcom 2 released everything maybe even source, not sure any other games opened up at that level. not a good comparison.

Most total war modding is done by fan made tools, so mods for warhammer were always going to exist. but now they are adding support for tools DAVE and BOB, which means modders have easier access to more things like customising units.

but couple points. those are just 2 tools, there is still no campaign map editor, afaik there never was it was community made for medieval 2. also:

Please only include Warhammer Fantasy Battles content in your mods

this is interesting because people in theory people could still make a lord of rings mod, and host on twcentre. but people say GW will lawyer the fuck out of them.

and anyway modders are already struggling to make a lotr mod for attila/rome2 cause like I said limited access to tools, no custom campaign map or scene maker.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2016, 12:09:06 pm »
+1
Because modding sells. Just look at what PDX just released before Stellaris in prepration for HOI4 and Stellaris...

Yea but CA/SEGA NEVER, I say NEVER alluded to "modding increase commercial output". There was even funny threads in official forum where people that defended this point of view did every thing they could do to force someone from the CA team to say something along those lines.
They purposedfully ignore modding = sales "common sense" because it would not make any sense within their DLC policy. It will still not make any sense with how much they are going to milk Warhammer lore out of the fans  :P

And their pre-orders are probably really really lacking because of this.

More likely its a PR stunt to get the modding fans back just before release, also they added the chaos faction to anyone who buys the game in the first weeks.
They are not completely stupid yet it seems.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2016, 11:05:53 pm »
+1
Yea but CA/SEGA NEVER, I say NEVER alluded to "modding increase commercial output". There was even funny threads in official forum where people that defended this point of view did every thing they could do to force someone from the CA team to say something along those lines.
They purposedfully ignore modding = sales "common sense" because it would not make any sense within their DLC policy. It will still not make any sense with how much they are going to milk Warhammer lore out of the fans  :P

More likely its a PR stunt to get the modding fans back just before release, also they added the chaos faction to anyone who buys the game in the first weeks.
They are not completely stupid yet it seems.

They are trying to buy people back. I'm ignoring everything until a sale. SEGA be damned.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2016, 01:14:38 pm »
I realised other day, even best case scenario and the game is really really good, while they may be much more diverse there is only 4 campaigns. And the campaign map is really not that big. choas is a 5th faction I forgot about but I expect them to be like huns and a complete cakewalk.

So once I beat each one, and I expect them all to be very easy for me. thats going to be seriously not many hours compared to what I put into previous TW titles, even dlc like age of charlemagne had more hours for me since I pretty much played every faction. I recently got back into medieval 2, which felt horribly dated at first but Ive put in like 300 hours, even vanilla holds up as one of the best  main campaigns and the lotr mod is ace.

with other games genres I much prefer the quality over quantity, but I'm not sure I do when it comes to TW ;O

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »
+1
Imagine a new Medieval setting, or the English Civil War, or the American Civil War, or the European wars of religion, or the Victorian Age, even WWI if they could make it work etc. don't tell me you wouldn't be interested ;) In my opionion CA really needs to make Total War: Victoria.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2016, 06:59:57 pm »
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2016, 02:41:14 pm »
+1
don't tell me you wouldn't be interested ;)

gunpowder total war games bore me.

Don't mind a limited gunpowder units like in shogun 2 main campaign, and medieval 2. but empire, napoleon, FotS, all completely boring to me. line men up and shoot at each other = snooze. even worse in ww1 since trenchs and cavalry gets shred by machine guns.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2016, 01:40:32 pm »
And you have actually tried the NTW campaign? There's a lot of melee in that game and excellent balance both on the campaign map and in battle. And it's the most historically accurate Total War game yet.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2016, 02:29:22 pm »

So they make a paid Chaos DLC and don't even give us the option to dedicate our armies to Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch or Slaneesh? GAY!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2016, 03:00:01 pm »
So they make a paid Chaos DLC and don't even give us the option to dedicate our armies to Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch or Slaneesh? GAY!

I guess since Archaon is there, it's Chaos Undivived now.

Also, NDA is lifted, reviews and videos from youtubers are out in plenty!
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2016, 05:08:37 pm »
I've watched one test video of a magazine which has rarely disappointed me when following their reviews.
They said that the Warhammer recipe for Total War is the best yet.
Seems that a lot of design decision were made towards removing the biggest points of criticism for the former titles.
AI seems way better over all but especially during sieges due to limiting it to 2 walls of approach.
Same for battlefield AI overall.
Less politics and more tactic.
And a couple of other points.

For me those seem to be the right points of focus. Others will probably complain about removing depth in some areas.
Personally, I always and mostly enjoyed the battlefield part and even disliked all the diplomatic stuff for the most time. So I think it's gonna be a great game.

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2016, 07:03:25 pm »
If there is less politics/diplomacy/strategy and the AI is still shit tactic-wise, its gonna be a hack&slash borefest even with the "better" sieges  :( fingers crossed the claims are not overblown like in all the previous TW titles.