Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63219 times)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2016, 06:24:06 pm »
AFAIK regarding the modding, the official statement is that they won't release any modding tools (Games Workshop ruling), but tweaking stuff like unit stats and models shouldn't be impossible, so Butan is right, modders will mod either way.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2016, 07:56:14 pm »
AFAIK regarding the modding, the official statement is that they won't release any modding tools (Games Workshop ruling), but tweaking stuff like unit stats and models shouldn't be impossible, so Butan is right, modders will mod either way.

They also won't allow a steam workshop and, pretty sure a no TW Center modding too. We'll see what happens.

I'm not giving them anymore of my money.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2016, 08:00:25 pm »
+1
They also won't allow a steam workshop and, pretty sure a no TW Center modding too. We'll see what happens.

I'm not giving them anymore of my money.
Your choice, I'm too much of a Warhammer and Total War fan to avoid this franchise marriage, maybe I'll get burnt on it, but Rome 2 launch was long time ago, Attila was very satisfying and Age of Charlemagne was simply good, so it makes me have a little hope.

Or, well, there's always steam refund. Buy preorder the day before release, then watch reviews of people like AngryJoe and judge for yourself whether it's worth the buck or not. If anything, the prospect of masses of people refunding their purchase should be a serious concern for a developer to release good games at the launch, without bugs that break it.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2016, 08:09:56 pm »
Your choice, I'm too much of a Warhammer and Total War fan to avoid this franchise marriage, maybe I'll get burnt on it, but Rome 2 launch was long time ago, Attila was very satisfying and Age of Charlemagne was simply good, so it makes me have a little hope.

Or, well, there's always steam refund. Buy preorder the day before release, then watch reviews of people like AngryJoe and judge for yourself whether it's worth the buck or not. If anything, the prospect of masses of people refunding their purchase should be a serious concern for a developer to release good games at the launch, without bugs that break it.

Make the learning part of the game longer than 2 hours to prevent this. Or just find ways to "burn" time to avoid this.

And just cause "Was a long time ago," doesn't mean they've come around. From what I've read, I'm not going to hold any hope for this game with out a steep steep discount for me.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2016, 08:14:43 pm »
Make the learning part of the game longer than 2 hours to prevent this. Or just find ways to "burn" time to avoid this.

And just cause "Was a long time ago," doesn't mean they've come around. From what I've read, I'm not going to hold any hope for this game with out a steep steep discount for me.
That's what I meant by waiting for reviewers first, and not playing. I know even their launcher counts as "being in-game".

I'm not changing my mind, I want to have hope because this game is exactly what I want and I'll be greatly dissapointed if it's bad :(

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2016, 08:29:14 pm »
That's what I meant by waiting for reviewers first, and not playing. I know even their launcher counts as "being in-game".

I'm not changing my mind, I want to have hope because this game is exactly what I want and I'll be greatly dissapointed if it's bad :(

Hope for the best, get the worst.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2016, 11:25:45 am »
Just watched Vampyr army gameplay and although I have no real connection to Warhammer, that looked so freaking awesome... :O
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »
The new sieges look really cool. Some might say it takes away from the gameplay, that you can only attack from one side, but I bet sieges will be more epic than ever now.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »
The new sieges look really cool. Some might say it takes away from the gameplay, that you can only attack from one side, but I bet sieges will be more epic than ever now.

This is a very very important change in the gameplay, as such I dont have a precise opinion about it as long as I dont see a dozen sieges and how its being handled by the ai/player.

All sieges will kinda ressemble a helm's deep/minas tirith siege then? I can imagine some positives and negatives:

+ easier to handle by the AI
+ defense will be easier even with just garrisons (garrisons are increased compared to Attila)
+ settlements will not always need an army sitting in there (especially since armies are limited now) to be properly protected and epicly important capitals will not fall to 1 stack
+ encourages "passive" sieges mechanics (real siege, surrender by encirclement and creation of siege engines)

- fiefs defended by garrisons + armies will be clusterfucks and almost impossible to win by tactics (if you can position a 10 men deep unit on every foot of the walls, what can you do but grind them?)
- some maps will make no sense (not all settlements are built in a gorge or surrounded by impassable terrain)
- if defense is easier it will not necessarily benefit the meta-game in terms of epicness, except if there is large incentive and room for more field battles (AI camping settlements could be the #1 boring shit of Warhammer)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »
- fiefs defended by garrisons + armies will be clusterfucks and almost impossible to win by tactics (if you can position a 10 men deep unit on every foot of the walls, what can you do but grind them?)

This would've been true if it was any other total war game, but this is warhammer, you have flying units and giants and magic and all that shit. You will have a lot of tactical options available to you to get into that city.
I think this new approach makes the sieges more epic and cinematic. In the old total war games you always had huge portions of empty city which made the battlefield look kind of boring. Now there will be shit happening in all of the playable area and that is a good thing if you ask me.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »
+3
Embargo on previews and community event videos is lifted!

Vampire vs Vampire siege:

(click to show/hide)

Empire quest battle for Balthasar Gelt - Empire vs Vampire

(click to show/hide)

Vampire vs Dwarves siege

(click to show/hide)

Vampire vs Greenskins siege (Dwarven city captured previously by greenskins - pay attention to architecture changes)

(click to show/hide)

In all videos they remark that the recording took place 2-3 months ago, so many bugs and unpolished things were fixed/changed (Varghulf's textures and animations, lightning effects)

Unscripted battles. I love the fact that they actually use different currency for Vampries (Dark Magic) for upkeeping the dead and recruiting new units (instantly raised zombies and skeletons as "mercenaries")
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:16:18 pm by Uther Pendragon »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »
+1
Thank you so very much, now I have something to watch for the evening!

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2016, 10:41:42 pm »
+1
Well, i gotta say I like the new approach. The battles look more like Medieval 2 and less like Rome 2, which is a good thing in my opinion. Medieval 2 is my favorite of the series to date.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2016, 11:54:23 pm »
Well, i gotta say I like the new approach. The battles look more like Medieval 2 and less like Rome 2, which is a good thing in my opinion. Medieval 2 is my favorite of the series to date.

Same, if they'd add the replenishment system newer games have to Medieval 2 I would play it all the time '-'

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2016, 12:17:17 am »
Same, if they'd add the replenishment system newer games have to Medieval 2 I would play it all the time '-'

Ahhh yeah, the retraining in Medieval 2, how we all hate it!