Author Topic: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided  (Read 5540 times)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36:07 pm »
I'm playing through HR right now after having had it for a couple years and not taking the dive and having just recently finished the original. I must say I prefer the original with all it's quirks rather than the modern game design standards that are a part of the recent one. I'm having fun albeit some minor annoying 'gamey' things like hacking computers/doors inexplicably giving money or hacking tools but finding the codes/passwords was less rewarding; or deciding to use lethal force nets less experience felt like it was hindering the open-ended aspects a bit.

Some of the design seems uninspired where "choosing" a play-style, or alternate route, involved invariably looking behind the box that hides the vent that circumvents part of the hallway/open-room/transition, or it gives you a security terminal to hack even though it wasn't part of a some side area but actually behind all the obstacles you needed to sneak past in the first place. An actual melee attack would've been nice as well rather than having to wait for a battery to recharge, but I guess that would make knock-outs too easy and render the double-takedown skill redundant.
And how!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 10:54:50 pm »
I'm playing through HR right now after having had it for a couple years and not taking the dive and having just recently finished the original. I must say I prefer the original with all it's quirks rather than the modern game design standards that are a part of the recent one. I'm having fun albeit some minor annoying 'gamey' things like hacking computers/doors inexplicably giving money or hacking tools but finding the codes/passwords was less rewarding; or deciding to use lethal force nets less experience felt like it was hindering the open-ended aspects a bit.

Some of the design seems uninspired where "choosing" a play-style, or alternate route, involved invariably looking behind the box that hides the vent that circumvents part of the hallway/open-room/transition, or it gives you a security terminal to hack even though it wasn't part of a some side area but actually behind all the obstacles you needed to sneak past in the first place. An actual melee attack would've been nice as well rather than having to wait for a battery to recharge, but I guess that would make knock-outs too easy and render the double-takedown skill redundant.

HR was amazing and no doubt MD will as well but i agree. Original one is untouchable.

And my opinion should mean more than the nostalgia googles wearing peeps because i got introduced to the Deus Ex series with HR first which i found amazing and THEN i went backwards and played original Deus Ex which i found out (with HDTP and New Vision) to be the greatest game i've ever played and the best in the series. Regardless besides The Fall i've loved every Deus Ex game and the storyline is untouchable. Just hoping there will be tons of Deus Ex 1 references.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 2827
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 11:49:47 pm »
Mankind Divided is set in year 2029, the year when Paul Denton's clone comes to life. If would be foolish of them to choose that exact year and not connect the stories from the very beginning.

Also Mankind Divided doesn't have to be about regular vs engineered humans, as title implies. It could be more personal story, about two brothers who were separated. What role Jensen has in this is unknown, but I'm fairly sure we will see young Paul Denton in this game.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »
+1

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 05:25:56 pm »
I get so sick looking at Xbox gameplay  :rolleyes:
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 10:55:42 pm »
Looks pretty good. Nothing revolutionary or anything that gets me super excited, but looks like it'll be an improved Deus Ex: HR, which is good enough for me. The promised exploration+social hub stuff sounds good too.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 11:01:03 am »
It looks like they got rid of the the neon golden shower on everything from HR. That alone is a huuuuge improvement.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 08:51:11 pm »
+1
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Adam Jensen 2.0 Trailer
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 09:52:55 pm »
+1
Ah so hyped for this. I hope it will be set in the USA and Hong Kong or Shanghai as well. Only in Czech Republic sounds lame.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:57 pm »
I hope it will be set on Utøya and Trollhätta.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »
I hope it isn't like the previous game in that lame way of pretending to give you multiple ways of doing stuff but only really rewarding you for one.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 11:58:53 pm »
+2
I hope it isn't like the previous game in that lame way of pretending to give you multiple ways of doing stuff but only really rewarding you for one.

U mean '''hurr durr u can do rambo but stealth will give u more xp and achievements'' ?

Probably will be the same

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 12:00:45 am »
The XP rewards were really all over the place.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 12:11:37 am »
U mean '''hurr durr u can do rambo but stealth will give u more xp and achievements'' ?

Probably will be the same
Yes, that, i fucking hated it. Completely wrecks the whole "do things your way" concept. Especially since stealth was actually easier most of the time.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 08:05:02 pm »
At least they kind of fixed it with the directors cut. If you went for a stealth character some of the bosses were just brutal. The cloaking woman killed me so many times.