Author Topic: Announcement: Community input - Take part evolving c-RPG: Mapcycle  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement: Community input - Take part evolving c-RPG: Mapcycle
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 08:59:02 pm »
+1
As for map suggestions: Please bring back more of the native maps, also the maps from ENL/WNL like sandiboush or however its spelled might be fun too. Once it comes to siege, you are probably fine when you listen to blockula ;)
Which Native maps do you want specifically?

As for WNL/ENL maps, any others you want apart from Sandi Boush? Currently the mod already has Reveran Village, Frosty Battle, Snowy Hamlet, Vendetta and Sandi Boush in the files. I put Reveran Village in the rotation about a year ago and Snowy Hamlet has been in forever. I decided against adding Sandi Boush back then, but the server definitely has lower population now so I agree that it would probably be good now. The others that are in the files are not too interesting or rather spread out if you ask me, but I know there are a few more.

Also, Hellsing, you might want to remove the code brackets around the map lists. Maybe that is just me, but I get a weird two line window that is very hard to scroll in or read properly. I'd rather have this
(click to show/hide)

than this
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:05:56 pm by Teeth »

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »
Also, Hellsing, you might want to remove the code brackets around the map lists. Maybe that is just me, but I get a weird two line window that is very hard to scroll in or read properly.

done :) Thanks for the hint with wnl/enl, I guess I will start from top and search every single map from crpg maps folder - make a screenshot or two, let's see what's around there. (without eelios already published of course)

Meanwhile maybe some folk will spread some word and start dreaming around a new rotation or new maps here :) Remember everything is possible but stick to the limits I'm bound to (scene editor) :) and it's still some kind of realism needed on mapping things (I know not on NA like old flying castle, but I still wan't to stick to this :D )

-Hellsing

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 03:23:30 pm »
Actually I wont hit you with any stuff related to cRPG again Fips, your not reliable to your word.
Even when you say you would do something the next days/weeks/months, you don't.
It's like Tuetensuppe posting on every topic were I made improvments with uthyr to DTV maps months ago, that he would do something to help me get the actually mapping stuff done, but when I actually have something up nobody has time, so just again all I ask about is what is it the active cRPG community want's on maps not about the old not active guys promessing some never happening promisses.
Already your starting about democracy is making me upset, cause it shows that you haven't read my post at all so go back to final fantasy.

Say wut?
I implemented every change that you have made to the rotation a few months back and updated all the links you gave me, just like i did with tuetens maps. The latest hotfix all got them in oO

Just checked the svn-logs and it's all in. So unless someone else meddled with it i really don't understand your frustration.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 04:01:51 pm »
Still waiting for the last months patch
I don't know when the last hotfix was, I bet it was before? (the mostly flying helmets fix?)
Also you we're realy grumpy this evening and never did anything happend so I'm no more thinking good of you in general.

Also you made me upset starting with your first to last word with your posts it's in such a negative mood and a domination style that i just want to say "F... u do this on you own now" I try helping an already sunken ship and look at this team commanding me around? Or that I should have faith in you to get those simple tasks done you said? Screw you, you wont.
Same for Tuetensuppes "aid", he never does shit while big projects only when everyone else is away for months 1-2 small ugly fixes or "Counter-Strike" uhu.

Sry Senni and Nashingra I wish you the best of luck here I'm done getting upset on this community for now
I'll freeze my effort here for some months again maybe something usefull will be here than.

-Hellsing
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:06:46 pm by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »
What the fuck have you been smoking?
When did i ever call you a moron? o_O
It's been ages since i had the last discussion here that made me upset about anything, are you sure you aren't mixing me up with someone else?
Can you like, give me some links or whatever, because i have serious problems remembering whatever you are accusing me of right now. I haz confuse.

I told many people that i will just implement whatever you throw at me and that's exactly what i did. If you wanna throw over the whole rotation though, a simple poll in the general discussion will do.

And one more thing: Why didn't you just ASK me when you wanted to become scene editor? I can't read minds, dude.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 05:02:24 pm »
+1
Fips is bad. Fips is evil. Fips is blameworthy. Fips has to suffer :lol:

But in all seriousness, I can't think of him bossing anyone around. Don't get me wrong, I am not accusing you of providing false accusations. But as Fips said, maybe you are mistaking him for someone else?

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 03:23:36 pm »
+1

Fips isnt always in his best mood and for sure he isnt not that activ anymore as he was in the past, but in the end he is still reading and replying from time to time in the forum and is still willing to do stuff...i remember that i bothered hime several times before the last patch... if you want and answer asap -> annoy him, thats all about the "how.to.handle.fips.magic"

Same for Tuetensuppes "aid", he never does shit while big projects only when everyone else is away for months 1-2 small ugly fixes or "Counter-Strike" uhu.

now im even more disapointed... sry but the stuff you are talking right now is totally bs
1. i was doing fun events with molly -> yes and they were big, i agree....may you ever had the idea that a "big"  project contains a lot of smaller stuff to do?
2. about the mapping -> i started to make maps some time ago as i wanted to do it. 2 people were asking for fixes, as i had time i just did it. i didnt wanted to get anything - i just did it, like you are doing your dtv-map stuff or as you are motivated right now to change the map rotation. Apart from this i offered my help for several things like in this thread f.e.. so people just need to gimme a call and i will try to do the best i can. -> some people did - you didnt f.e.
3. c(ounter)RPG_Strike -> you are mad, really? did you ever may thougt that some people like to not only play on 100% super realistic i can block 99,9% of all hits or i have the bigger club events etc?
4. All im In doing and all i did cause i wanted to do something for the community...thats it... same goes for fips, fasader or how ever you wanna call us

finally, telling people who did or still do stuff for a community for free, that they are useless or dump or what ever is one of the most inferior things you can say. may their work not always be perfect or the way you would like it etc, but they are still doing it without any kind of personal intrest or payment. so you may should get maybe more to "ok, they have done things in the past i dont like that much but were ok in the end. now they are inactive and im willing and motivated to do stuff they did so far"...this is the way to go instead of telling evryone that he was doing complimentary bs

cheers

Tueten

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:35:36 pm by Tuetensuppe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 03:37:16 pm »
+1
ban fips
Turtles

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Hellsing

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 05:37:25 am »
+3
Fips:
I never said you called me a moron O.o
I said I get upset reading your post coz it's ovious you have posted after not understanding what I was arcording to or just overjumped it (what would be more obvious)
Quote from: Fips on April 12, 2015, 06:29:52 pm
(A little poll about it would be nice so i don't just rely on opinions of a few) and i'll implement them.
that's all i'm gonna do about this mod^^
Okay, if you want something on my maps changed i'll do that, but that's about it.

Oh, and make it on steam or irc, i am checking this forum maybe twice a week or so for some M:BG updates only.
How does this sound to you? especially in relation to my last conversation (that month ago close after the hotfix) with you all the time grumpy on steam.

No actually I can't give you a link coz we talked on steam because I normaly used to chat instead of posting on forums.
Yeah and always thanked for that till you grew grumpy and didn't do anything, so I throw it on scene editing and announcement and left it there after this, but I always remember people not doing what they promised they will.

Feel free to do so, actually I just throw it on scene editing because Nashringa asked me to do it.
Also I should get it done on the way I think it would make out best, so I tried to take community in charge - explaining what I want to do and gathering info's about the current wishes on the different servers first from a small group even caring enough to look in scene editing before throwing in an supossed idea gathering topic in general discussion to this super sweet community part where nothing productive at expect "qqh qqa qqh bla bla my_clan best <333 bla bla" comes from..
I never want to take your freaking job, I'm not active enough for it and wouldn't wan't to have to deal with this strange community neither.
Having the free oppurtunity to say "I'm done with you guys, I go on NO-cRPG holidays again for maybe a year or so" is something you shouldn't be allowed on what evers team position, but something I realy like doing with cRPG.
Also this is not meant as personal haresment it's just when it's up to work, I realy want to do it on my own or with others when I got dropped by this person even if he want's to give me a hand.
So thanks for that.

Daunt
I know him for years now working some weeks stressfully together so err no I know about who I'm talking.
Also "comanding around" is pointed to this topic, on fips first post where he tells me how I shall handle this topic - what was one little part (actually they were all just little parts only counting them together gives a huge sh't).

Quote from: Tuetensuppe on April 14, 2015, 03:23:36 pm

Fips isnt always in his best mood
Who actually is?
and for sure he isnt not that activ anymore as he was in the past,
Same here who is not a bit inactive?
 but in the end he is still reading and replying from time to time in the forum
Wow what usefull staff that should be taking care of an game. (this is not a fips blame, it's an all inactive admin blame in general)
and is still willing to do stuff...
I cant agree as you can read in this topic fips disagrees to do realy stuff for this community (read quote above)
i remember that i bothered hime several times before the last patch... if you want and answer asap -> annoy him, thats all about the "how.to.handle.fips.magic"
He said he will get it done, so I reached my goal? why should I annoy with anything? He's old enough and dosn't need someone remembering him with everything - like a mother her child would.
now im even more disapointed... sry but the stuff you are talking right now is totally bs
1. i was doing fun events with molly -> yes and they were big, i agree....may you ever had the idea that a "big"  project contains a lot of smaller stuff to do?
Have I said something about this? I recon your work on those events, but those map it self is just a one day map one day launched - trash
2. about the mapping -> i started to make maps some time ago as i wanted to do it. 2 people were asking for fixes, as i had time i just did it. i didnt wanted to get anything - i just did it, like you are doing your dtv-map stuff or as you are motivated right now to change the map rotation. Apart from this i offered my help for several things like in this thread f.e.. so people just need to gimme a call and i will try to do the best i can. -> some people did - you didnt f.e.
I always did ask for help after you have offered me a hand. YOU never replied a 2nd time to any post.. And I was always done doing this still on my own (well better was this at all I guess AI wouldn't been your thing anyway) but it makes me angry when people say you would help me everywhere but when I think back, everytime I ask for help the only one realy helping me was Uthyr. But everyone was like you and fips did all. This can make a person realy upset./color]
3. c(ounter)RPG_Strike -> you are mad, really? did you ever may thougt that some people like to not only play on 100% super realistic i can block 99,9% of all hits or i have the bigger club events etc?
I'm not mad about crpg_strike, it's just not a normal multiplayer map at all (this sounds negative I guess but this topic wasn't about crying arounds, so please dont take this wrong I think about castles and so on)
4. All im In doing and all i did cause i wanted to do something for the community...thats it... same goes for fips, fasader or how ever you wanna call us
I'm not blaming you for what you have done, I'm blaming you for the same I blame fips, you can talk talk takl but you have not done. It was just about your "I can help you when it's about mapping" post, coz like I said before you never actually helped me on that, even if I asked for help you were always gone dont posting a 2nd time. Also I'm not blaming the others for their effort ganz im Gegenteil möchte ich euch dafür noch einmal herzlich danken denn ohne euch wäre der Mod nicht was er ist. Aber jetzt mal frei von englischen fesseln, auf wen ich mich nicht verlassen kann und wer mich in steam anpammt noch davor, den brauche ich nicht. So viel zu deinem Fips. Und wenn du überall meinst den guten Buben spielen zu müssen der unter jedem meiner Themen einen ähnlichen hilfe angebots post hinterlässt aber dann auf antworten wie "Klar wenn du mir helfen willst kannst du gerne von village so und so bis so und so schon mal anfangen" nie reagiert kann auch einfach gar nichts schreiben und sich nicht so hoch spielen -.- Fips deinen Scheiß will nicht, ich wurde an dem Tag meines Posts von Nashdingsda (sry) gefragt ob ich noch mal mappen würde der wolle das jez mal n bischen koordinieren, das wir mal ordentliche maps und so weiter auf die reihe bekommen. Ich hab mich erst gerade wegen dieser Forencommunity deswegen gesträubt es aber trotzdem versucht, und dann werde ich von den Admins schon aufs Kreuz gelegt bzw. von dir Fips, mit deinem ersten Post direkt verarscht. Ich mein les mal, als hättest du nicht ein einziges Wort gelesen, du hast mir in deinem Post gesagt was ich machen soll, wobei ich das ähnlich längst so vorhatte und aufgeschrieben habe, was dein interesse an dem topic und eigentlich deinem "posten" auch noch mal zeigte, was mich auch an deinem letzten nichts tun angekotzt hatte und somit noch mal hoch kam.

finally, telling people who did or still do stuff for a community for free, that they are useless or dump or what ever is one of the most inferior things you can say.
When did I?
may their work not always be perfect or the way you would like it etc, but they are still doing it without any kind of personal intrest or payment.
and that makes them untouchable?
so you may should get maybe more to "ok, they have done things in the past i dont like that much but were ok in the end. now they are inactive and im willing and motivated to do stuff they did so far"...this is the way to go instead of telling evryone that he was doing complimentary bs
So STOP Cowboy your on the wrong direction. I explained above enough to this point.

So hopefully this time right way.. :S
I apologize for my anger here, but this topic with these post is now as good as trash anyway now.
But when someone want's to make this right and got the idea behind this topic, do so.
I lake to much english skill to bother myself with this forum again anymore, but I'm always up to do some changes on my any map (to say it with fips words).

Stop taking a game to serious. I want to do a favor but as always with this community you cant talk coz everyone understands something differnt or interprets something even between the lines @tuetensuppe where nothing is, I absolutly worte about maps only and also very neutral - never on effort or anything else before my last 2 posts

edit:
i have destroyed it >.< well it 6 o'clock so i shouldn't wonder sry
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:52:30 am by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »
After reading all that bullcrap all i can say is the following: I don't get paid to do anything. I am not obliged to do anything. And if you don't want to take over my "job" how can you judge me? Because last i checked, you would not be able to do anything without either me doing it for you or you becoming scene manager. So now you go on and on and on and on about how i don't do whatever you want me to right then and there and because i was "grumpy". I mean, c'mon...grumpy? If i'd be an insane asshat to you, who i wasn't, i'd understand your frustration, but because i was grumpy? What the actual fuck.
"Stop taking a game to serious." Maybe you should follow your own advice a little.